• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Raw64life

I like coffee ice cream but hate actual coffee.

Salted caramel is awesome.

I'll be sacrificing sleep tonight for fake sports.

Will you?

Gotta wake up at 5 AM Monday to catch a flight to Cali for E3, so I might as well try to wake up at 5 AM tomorrow too.

I wonder if they'll have an intermission. They didn't have one last year for whatever reason, although I was in the arena for Dominion last year and everyone treated the heavyweight tag match as the intermission.

klonere

Banned
For fuck's sake the english commentary on the Road to Dominion show was especially terrible. What fetid 90s ECW sinkhole did they drag Don Callis from? I haven't watched any New Japan since Okada defended against Suzuki so I had no idea his style had evolved from lethargic and uninformed to pandering Russo-esque smark wankery.

The english commentary has never been exceptional; even JR needed a few hours of Wrestle Kingdom to get in the zone. This was the first time I've ever felt the product was actively ruined by the commentary ruined, though. Stryker and Corino also pandered to smarky horseshit but Callis makes them look like Bob Caudle.

This dude is throwing out words like gimmick, pop, spot and even fucking kayfabe every other sentence and provides no actual color or psychology for the match. One time he just randomly said kayfabe to himself with zero context or follow up. He's more interested in letting viewers know that he was a C+ Canadian in a shit stain of a company 20 years ago than embelleshing any current match on the show. And Kevin Kelly sure isn't a gem, either. Listening to their apathetic inside joke self-fellating looney tunes bullshit while watching workers in the ring try to present a stiff and passionate product comes off insulting and dissonant in the same way that an entire episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 trying to riff on Schindler's List would.

JR layed the law on Stryker for using the term "swerved" once. If he was sharing the booth with these chucklefucks he'd be lashing them with his belt, throwing shoes, and foaming at the mouth.

I totally agree with all this and can only implore people to watch the show in Japanese for the full experience.

Slizz

Much when like when I watch footy I sometimes prefer either a Spanish broadcast or in the case of NJPW the Japanese broadcast.

I speak neither of those languages, though I have a bit of a grasp on Spanish just cause of where I'm from.

Dynedom

Preperation H is somewhat numbing right? That can cure the torn anus.

What about Preparation HHH?

H4ruDIk.gif

Zach

Ryback getting that title shot at Heck in a Cell 2012. Interesting. Strangely interesting.

I wish Ryback had Ultimate Warrior hair.

Top Bottom