• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cena started the Clash Royale scene.

Cena ruins everything!

Heroman

Banned
David Finlay, Shota Umino and Tomoyuki Oka beat Hirai Kawato, Katsuya Kitamura and Tetsuhiro Yagi in 07:37 2.75

Tiger Mask, Tiger Mask W, Togi Makabe and Yuji Nagata beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger, Manabu Nakanishi and Satoshi Kojima in 07:01 2.75

LIJ (c) beat Bullet Club , Chaos , Suzuki-gun & Taguchi Japan in a Gauntlet match for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Championship in 18:39 (Chaos/Bullet Club 1.5 , Suzuki Gun/Chaos - No Rating , Taguchi Japan/Suzuki Gun 1.5 & LIJ(c)/Taguchi Japan 2.5 )

The Young Bucks beat Roppongi Vice (c) for the IWGP Jr Tag Championship in 14:14 4

Guerrillas of Destiny beat War Machine (c) for the IWGP Tag Championship in 10:43 3.5

Cody beat Michael Elgin in 11:53 3.5

Kushida beat Hiromu Takahashi (c) for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship in 19:12 4.75

Minoru Suzuki (c) beat Hirooki Goto in a Lumberjack Deathmatch for the NEVER Openweight Championship in 16:00 3.5

Hiroshi Tanahashi beat Tetsuya Naito (c) for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship in 25:56 4.5

Kazuchika Okada (c) & Kenny Omega wrestled to a 60 miniute time limit draw 6.25

****** 1/4 !!!!!!!

mreddie

DCRPR_tXsAAcfeJ

Foggy

Geez 4.5 for Tana Naito.

When people get hung up on Revival and DIY tag matches not getting 5* they should really keep things like this in mind.

I don't personally agree, but I can see where he was coming from.

6.25* is pretty damn goofy, especially since you know that Okada and Omega have a better match in them. Dude's created a beast that can't be tamed.

6.25* is pretty damn goofy, especially since you know that Okada and Omega have a better match in them. Dude's created a beast that can't be tamed.

Haha, yeah. I guess it goes to show that some shouldn't take his ratings as seriously as they do. Imagine the backlash if Omega vs Okada III pleases everyone but he gives it a lesser rating. Will be silly.

At this stage I do wonder what is left for Okada for the rest of this year. I hope to Christ Cody doesn't get the title. I wonder who is left though after all these insane matches.

Anth0ny

Kazuchika Okada (c) & Kenny Omega wrestled to a 60 miniute time limit draw 6.25

****** 1/4 !!!!!!!

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

they deserve it though. that shit was magic.

Still not better than Austin/Bret at Mania 13 though. Only way that match will be topped is if the 6.25* match results in Omega becoming the biggest wrestling star in America, WWE's death and New Japan taking over the world, ushering in a new boom period for fake sports.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn, I was making a joke in the chat about this dude in the background that looks like Samoa joe on this Giant Bomb thing

It's just actually Samoa Joe and he was doing like an hour long interview I missed.

For those who missed it, Xavier Woods on the Giant Bomb stream talking about the trombone:

"I was supposed to hand it off to the prop guy before the match started, but I realized, "I'm never going to have a chance to play trombone on live TV again." So I started playing it during the match for no reason, and one of the camera guys came to me during the commercial and said, "VINCE... IS... LOVING THIS!" When I got to the back Vince told me, "this is it. You're out there with that trombone every night."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Xavier telling that story made me laugh for like 10 minutes.

Such Vince.

Angry Grimace

It was a lot funnier when Janina Gavankar was on and they had to take back all the shit they said about her performance in the Battlefield II on-stage presentation.

According to Pwinsider here is the first 10 names of the mae young classic from the performance center:

Zhao Xia: the first Chinese female to sign a developmental contract with WWE, Xia reported to the Performance Center in February.

Mary Kate: Known as Rosie LottaLove in TNA, she took a prolonged hiatus from wrestling, during which she lost more than 100 pounds and reinvented herself as Andrea on the independent circuit and in Japan. This Team 3D Academy graduate has been working NXT live events for the past several months.

Bianca Blair: Another mainstay on live NXT events, Blair signed with WWE in April of last year.

Danielle Kamela: A former on-air personality for Fox Sports Arizona and cheerleader for the Arizona Cardinals, Kamela has made a couple of appearances on NXT TV. She was trained by Rikishi before signing with WWE.

Julia Ho: Trained by Brian Kendrick, Ho has modeling experience and is a former amateur MMA fighter.

Kimberly Frankele: Better known as Kimber Lee, the former CHIKARA Grand Champion signed at the same time Ruby Riot did and has been working NXT live events while also making a handful of appearances on NXT TV -- all in losses.

Lacey Evans: This ex-Marine has been on a few episodes of NXT and recently had a name change from her real name, Macey Estrella.

Victoria Gonzales: The daughter of Rudy Boy Gonzales, who is best known for co-running the Texas Wrestling Academy with Shawn Michaels, signed with WWE last year.

Sarah Logan: Known as Crazy Mary Dobson on the indies, she worked live NXT events as Sarah Bridges before being given the Logan surname prior to her debut on NXT TV.

Taynara Melo: A black-belt in judo originally from Brazil.

22 spots open with
mandy rose and Hojo still can be added.
There's a lack of Evie and Nixon Newell there and they're almost certainly going to be in.

Anth0ny

For those who missed it, Xavier Woods on the Giant Bomb stream talking about the trombone:

"I was supposed to hand it off to the prop guy before the match started, but I realized, "I'm never going to have a chance to play trombone on live TV again." So I started playing it during the match for no reason, and one of the camera guys came to me during the commercial and said, "VINCE... IS... LOVING THIS!" When I got to the back Vince told me, "this is it. You're out there with that trombone every night."

amazing.

just more proof that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

just do shit in the spur of the moment if you think it'll get you over. worst case, you get yelled at and berried on tv. best case, this story.

Two more names that Dave mentions for the Women's Tournament: Toni Storm and Tessa Blanchard. Though he notes neither is under contract at this time.

He also notes that Io Shirai still does not have a start date.

Brinbe

lmfao @ 6.25

Okada/Omega 3 (when Kenny finally wins it) gunning for that 6.5! But wait! Add in that extra 1/2 for being in the dome and that's a 7 star match, baby.

Meltzer says Omega/Okada III is scheduled to happen
before the end of the year.

And that is all that is planned between them at the moment.

I dunno, it's going to be hard to top that rainmaker-collapse spot.

Kornflayx

I love how Dave said that since Okada/Omega I was the first 6 stars match, Okada/Omega II should be the first Milky Way Galaxy match

Fantomex

Well friends and Marks. I secured tickets to night 2 of the G1 special in Long Beach. Row #7 in the center section. I hope Kenny lands on me with a moonsault. I'll be marking out all the way to the hospital.

Keller mentioned tonight that Nakamura is starting to develop a bad rep backstage because some of the guys feel his work ethic is low. He points to the idea that Nakamura only really tries in big matches as a point of contention for some backstage.

Anth0ny

Keller mentioned tonight that Nakamura is starting to develop a bad rep backstage because some of the guys feel his work ethic is low. He points to the idea that Nakamura only really tries in big matches as a point of contention for some backstage.

his work ethic is low? by not having 5 star catch as catch can contests every week on free tv?

bunch of fucking marks in that locker room i swear

back in the day the boys knew it was a work and the fans thought it was a shoot

now the fans know its a work and the boys think it's a shoot!

1) how the fuck is friend data west always right
2) i don't see how that should be getting him a bad rep since that's the smart thing to do if you want to be able to stand upright after the age of 40

miserable

Okada has to hold the belt until the 20th of October to beat Hashimoto's record. With King of Pro-Wrestling usually happening in the first part of October, I can see them doing Okada-Omega III there. (and Okada is not gonna lose that close to beating the record). He'll probably drop the belt to Naito at WK.

his work ethic is low? by not having 5 star catch as catch can contests every week on free tv?

bunch of fucking marks in that locker room i swear

back in the day the boys knew it was a work and the fans thought it was a shoot

now the fans know its a work and the boys think it's a shoot!

1) how the fuck is friend data west always right
2) i don't see how that should be getting him a bad rep since that's the smart thing to do if you want to be able to stand upright after the age of 40

It doesn't help him that AJ is just as old and is putting on great matches with everyone he steps in the ring with.

Scratch that. AJ is three years older. Also Jericho is older. And both of those guys definitely give off way more of a vibe that they are going all out than Nakamura usually does. And if you are a guy in that company (be it talent or booker) who has heard how great this guy is and how he should be treated like a star, then he comes in and has average matches and doesn't really seem like he's trying as hard as he could be, I could see how that could give you a negative opinion of him.

My best friend and fellow simulated athletic competition enthusiast just watched all the Twin Peaks material currently released in the last week. I am happy happy.

Top Bottom