• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Lana wins Women's Championship and MITB both next Smackdown Live.
mjlol.png

I said it the other day, but that they think they can simply use a "pissed off" Daniel Bryan and 50/50 to justify their sexism and wash the anger under the bridge should warrant an indifferent reaction at worst and a pissed off one at best.

I agree completely

Unfortunately while he's under contract I expect the trend of using him to make fans feel happier about dumb decisions to continue. And when his deal expires he's off to Japan or Mexico

And for anyone feeling good about the Mexico option at least:
GaUuCF3.gif

Those rings have no give. At All.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I agree completely

Unfortunately while he's under contract I expect the trend of using him to make fans feel happier about dumb decisions to continue. And when his deal expires he's off to Japan or Mexico

And for anyone feeling good about the Mexico option at least:
GaUuCF3.gif

Those rings have no give. At All.

I'm guessing he will change his tune about moving to Japan to kill himself when he has to spend a lot more time around his child.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The worst part about MITB is that Vince has such a fucking boner for fake-cash-ins that it becomes real dumb, real fast.

Yo that dumb internet troll line aside that opening promo from Carmella was great.

I've always been on Team Carmella.

They should have just had her grab it on Sunday

It's really something that can't be fixed sadly

Btw Owens is right sometimes I can't hear the difference between Phillips and Saxton

They're redoing the MITB match next week? lmao, why not?

I hope they have Carmella win it again.

They should.

She was always the one who should have won it.

It's why this whole this whole thing is dumb.

The Big Ending is an underrated finisher

Lol wtf why did the camera stay so long on Randy's angry face lol.

They're redoing the MITB match next week? lmao, why not?

I hope they have Carmella win it again.

This was either A) always the plan to give Smackdown a big match in a couple weeks or B) being done due to the backlash and Carmella will end up winning again through some other shenanigans where she's actually involved with the finish this time.

ReiGun

Wait what.

Why are we back to Ziggles and Nakamura?

Why is it AJ and Owens?

On the first, no idea. Logically, Nak should be moving on to Corbin (considering what happened Sunday) while Ziggler goes back to fighting midcarders. Which all could very well still happen. Probably just a filler match.

On the second, hmm. There really isn't anyone else for Owens besides Zayn (which they have to realize everyone is a little sick of) and Nak (whom they probably don't want going for the US title). So it's either Styles or the midcarders. If tonight is any indication, they seem to be trying to do both. Having Owens try to do an "open challenge" where he comes up with excuses for why people don't qualify, while Styles pesters him by backing different midcarders to challenge Owens before he does.

Or at least I hope that's what they're doing because I think it's a good idea. Midcard guys like Gable get some TV time, you save the Styles/Owens match for down the line, and you can even do a proper open challenge once Styles wins the title.

Rimfya

Banned
Why waste AJ vs Nakamura any sooner than either the Royal Rumble or Mania?
Rumours were they wanted Summerslam to be big. Crowd was hot for their face off at MITB. Figured the look to the briefcase and then each other was symbolic, like, "before I go for the title I gotta go through you" sort of thing.

Also I get the other match ups are tough. Can't do Corbin/Jinder...

Angry Grimace

They should.

She was always the one who should have won it.

It's why this whole this whole thing is dumb.

The Big Ending is an underrated finisher

Lol wtf why did the camera stay so long on Randy's angry face lol.
It's not. It doesn't look like it would even hurt. That's because it doesn't.
This was either A) always the plan to give Smackdown a big match in a couple weeks or B) being done due to the backlash and Carmella will end up winning again through some other shenanigans where she's actually involved with the finish this time.
They had Bryan's tweet ready to go during the match itself and the level of backlash is being exaggerated. It was obviously the plan from the get-go.

If Bryan ever goes back to Japan I could see him adjusting his style quite a bit and working more like old man Fujinami or Nishimura. New Japan could do with a pure wrestling guy at present, plus we'd finally get to see Suzuki vs Bryan (their match in 2004 never made tape!).

Angry Grimace

Rumours were they wanted Summerslam to be big. Crowd was hot for their face off at MITB. Figured the look to the briefcase and then each other was symbolic, like, "before I go for the title I gotta go through you" sort of thing.

Also I get the other match ups are tough. Can't do Corbin/Jinder...
They said that last year and booked Orton to get squashed by Lesnar and confuse the fuck out of everyone.

Adree

I feel like they really missed a chance to tinker with Orton's character post-Wyatt. Let him retain some of that darkness and make him extra violent or something. I guess he likes doing his trademark moves and goofy poses for pops too much though.

Majukun

the fact that they stripped carmella of the briefcase makes no goddamn sense

and i say it as someone who is filled with dread at the idea of carmella as the champ..or as a continuous presence on the main event scene as the mitb holder

the fact that they stripped carmella of the briefcase makes no goddamn sense

and i say it as someone who is filled with dread at the idea of carmella as the champ..or as a continuous presence on the main event scene as the mitb holder

It made sense. Bryan clearly went against the rules and if you watch his reaction after Becky's promo it's pretty clear her appeal and sense of hopelessness over constantly being screwed over is when he made his decision.

The whole situation's bullshit and sexist as shit but last night they did the best they could do and dbry, Becky and Carmella all killed it with their performances. Also it's nice to see the show make the women the focus after they were an afterthought on RAW.

Majukun

It made sense. Bryan clearly went against the rules and if you watch his reaction after Becky's promo it's pretty clear her appeal and sense of hopelessness over constantly being screwed over is when he made his decision.

The whole situation's bullshit and sexist as shit but last night they did the best they could do and dbry, Becky and Carmella all killed it with their performances. Also it's nice to see the show make the women the focus after they were an afterthought on RAW.

yeah,but bryan shouldn't act based on feelings,but based on the rules..he said himself he checked the rules before the decision,and the match is a no dq, evrything is legal, even external help

the fact that the external guy picked up the briefcase doesn't change anything,it was an external interference that was completelky legal in a MITB

Lump me in with the group who happens to like Mike and Maria Kanellis' WWE theme. It has that corny 80s movie vibe that something like the band Starship would perform.

Top Bottom