• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Tom Nook

So happy for Ranallo.

I couldn't help it that WWE was probably begging him to come back, once Ranallo got the Mayweather/McGregor gig. WWE realized at the huge opportunity to get more Network subscribers by having Ranallo on nxt commentary.

Wwe probably give in Ranallo's terms in order for him to come back: no Vince on the headset and especially no JBL next to him. Being NXT being taped in Florida, no traveling outside of Takeover Specials; it works out for both parties.

So happy for Ranallo.

I couldn't help it that WWE was probably begging him to come back, once Ranallo got the Mayweather/McGregor gig. WWE realized at the huge opportunity to get more Network subscribers by having Ranallo on nxt commentary.

Wwe probably give in Ranallo's terms in order for him to come back: no Vince on the headset and especially no JBL next to him. Being NXT being taped in Florida, no traveling outside of Takeover Specials; it works out for both parties.

And the fans... Dude Ranallo is going to elevate NXT far more than he elevated Smackdown...

TakeOver Brooklyn with Ranallo is going to be fucking epic...

And this keeps him in the family so when Cole fucks off into upper management (which rumours is could be sooner rather than later) they can bring him to Raw, and Raw will be 1000 times better announcing wise.

Anth0ny

Cody Rhodes talks about possibility of WWE return:

"I don't want to sound negative but being part of history right now and this new era and new boom. I didn't get that while in WWE. So currently there is no incentive for me to return to WWE. I'm making more money than I was with WWE. I've been in some unbelievable matchups. Two are coming up. I love WWE. Just currently there is no incentive. There are some things I would love to be a part of. I would love to be part of the Dusty tag team tournament. At the same time I don't think I'm playing a revenge song here. I don't think I'm ready to move out of the spot of where I'm at."

I feel like if Cody can leave WWE and make more money doing indies, that's probably the case for a bunch of WWE guys. Cesaro comes to mind.

I feel like if Cody can leave WWE and make more money doing indies, that's probably the case for a bunch of WWE guys. Cesaro comes to mind.

Cody has a pedigree that gives him an unearned reputation.

And he's one of only a few ex-WWE guys.

Eh there's only so much money to go around in the Indy's if its flooded they will get paid peanuts compared to whoever politics their way into being the top guy of the Indys.

Anth0ny

Cody has a pedigree that gives him an unearned reputation.

And he's one of only a few ex-WWE guys.

Eh, I feel like there' still a lot of WWE guys that have a strong, earned reputation that would do great on the indies. Much more than a middling WWE run + the Rhodes name.

Eh there's only so much money to go around in the Indy's if its flooded they will get paid peanuts compared to whoever politics their way into being the top guy of the Indys.

The idea is that more big names being on indy shows = more money generated by indy shows, though.

Eh, I feel like there' still a lot of WWE guys that have a strong, earned reputation that would do great on the indies. Much more than a middling WWE run + the Rhodes name.

The idea is that more big names being on indy shows = more money generated by indy shows, though.

Ehhhh I still think his name carries him much farther...

As to your second point, there's a limit.... Indie wrestling thrives on being affordable (and small venues are a huge part of maintaining affordability), you get too many big names and/or try to branch out to bigger arenas you die, that's actually somewhat what happened to ECW

So happy for Ranallo.

More like Ranallo was probably going to sue them

Not at all.

Meltzer has said ever since they announced Mauro was leaving that both sides were actually talking about him sticking around. This isn't a recent development. Hell, the Pollock story says it's been a done deal for so long that he originally was supposed to return at Takeover Chicago.

T.v

WWE and I mutually agreed to end my responsibilities on SmackDown having nothing to do with rumors about disputes.
If this is true, then this whole shitshow would be pretty hilarious. Sure JBL is an ass, but the Mauro allegations started this whole thing basically and they might not even be true?

Anyway, I am happy for Mauro, he'll fit great on NXT, though I would still have rather seen him on Smackdown if the circumstances were right.

Adree

If this is true, then this whole shitshow would be pretty hilarious. Sure JBL is an ass, but the Mauro allegations started this whole thing basically and they might not even be true?

Anyway, I am happy for Mauro, he'll fit great on NXT, though I would still have rather seen him on Smackdown if the circumstances were right.

I imagine part of him coming back means he has to deny any of the bullying if asked. Sucks but that's life.

I met FallingEdge in Vegas and I shot on him in the hotel lobby. He was so shook that he made up some excuse about having to fly home. Silly FE, you ain't got no wings except for that crossface chicken wing I had you in!

Man, I was listening to yesterdays WOR, and when Bryan asked Dave about the Cornette/Russo lawsuit, dave went into a tangent and just buried russo and dixie. Was amusing.

Dude.. he's not going to say yeah everything was about JBL...

Doesn't mean that any of it was untrue.. I mean he ain't coming back to Smackdown is he?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, Strowman got one of the biggest pops I can remember of non-part time dudes (recently, of course) when he came back last week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maria's theme is hilariously awesome. Full disclosure: I love 80s' metal and ballads.

(Maria is still a total smokeshow)

That was awesome. Making small talk with my barber and he mentioned he was going to a local indie wrestling show tomorrow night. Ended up talking NJPW, PWG and CMLL. He was a huge Last Podcast fan too.

He let his Network sub lapse for add another to the #5years club.

I really don't believe for a second you have hair . Did you get the LeBron?

Angry Grimace

I feel bad saying it, but JBL has gotten a lot better ever since the Mauro Ranallo fiasco forced him to tone down his act.

I have hair but I am losing it. I havent had a haircut in 15 years. That was to get my beard done.

Its a great barber. You get beers or whisky for free when you arrive.

I really want to go to one. Just honestly don't have ANY excuse to go to one.

I feel bad saying it, but JBL has gotten a lot better ever since the Mauro Ranallo fiasco forced him to tone down his act.

Maybe to an extent. We don't have access to the locker room.

Angry Grimace

I have no idea if he is better in the locker room or his personal interactions. I'm talking about his commentary.

They've toned down how much he directly shits on the babyface wrestlers (and Byron) and he's been better for it.

Assuming you grow a little facial hair just go in one day for a straight razor shave. It is scary but feels amazing afterward, especially after the hot towel treatment. I get the razor on my cheeks and neck. It is a nice indulgence. So is using beard oils and balms. My beard is about the only part of myself I actually take care of.

Geez, my dad just took a nasty bump surfing. He's been going hard since getting through to the Australian titles in a few months. Might have broken a couple of ribs.

Anth0ny

Man, Strowman got one of the biggest pops I can remember of non-part time dudes (recently, of course) when he came back last week.

He's just a big buff bitch who beats the shit out of mother fuckers. I'm not surprised at all that he's so popular.

Just more proof that work rate isn't the be all end all for hardcore fans. They just want consistency. Braun is just about the only guy on the roster that is consistently booked and is a likeable character. Simple but effective. No long scripted promos and he's booked to his strengths.

Adree

He's just a big buff bitch who beats the shit out of mother fuckers. I'm not surprised at all that he's so popular.

Just more proof that work rate isn't the be all end all for hardcore fans. They just want consistency. Braun is just about the only guy on the roster that is consistently booked and is a likeable character. Simple but effective. No long scripted promos and he's booked to his strengths.

Vince still knows how to book a monster. Sadly that's about all he knows these days.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Glow is already going more in depth than I expected.

"You dont think wrestlers are actors?"
"Wait are we playing wrestlers or are we the wrestlers?"
"Yes"

Lol.

Glow is already going more in depth than I expected.

"You dont think wrestlers are actors?"
"Wait are we playing wrestlers or are we the wrestlers?"
"Yes"

Lol.

Ha. I think I'm going to save this show for my Cross Canada Train Trip in August and download all the eps for offline viewing from the Netflix app

Cody has been massively fortunate in that he's son the Dusty, which makes people feel like they should care about his boring ass and he's been handed a spot in the BC; 2 things that most wrestlers won't have ability to market themselves on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Moves will bring people in but what will keep them watching is what ladies?"

"Blood! Tits!"

"Storytelling!"

Glow is shooting on 205 Live ;_;

There's not a single person in the world who wasn't subscribing to the WWE network but will now because of the guy doing commentary on NXT.

Shit I forgot about GLOW starting tonight/this morning after thinking it was starting the day before. >_>

I put RAM on for whatever reason and Seth's promos are the fucking worst.
His voice or just the promo itself? Seth IMO is one of those who could've benefited from some vocal coaching, wouldn't change his voice but could probably drop some of the grating aspects of it. Nia is another one who could've used some coaching to learn to actually sound intimidating.

Man Over the Top had some great promos during the final 8
Lol Stallone just sent Funk through the two doors. Funk sold it good.

Over The Top was in my top end back when I was in the single digits.

What's up WrestleeeeeeeeGAF, I'd like to thank all of you so much from the bottom of my heart, my successes are your successes I don't post for me I post for you, I didn't slay Heroman, we all slayed Heroman. This post isn't just my post it's our post.

Adree

I found it amusing that Meltzer was trying to figure out why they'd pick Rollins over Roman Reigns for the cover. "Is the same audience that boos Roman the ones who buy the game?"

Rhaknar

Did they use the term "heel" back in the 70s? I thought that was a more modern thing.

Top Bottom