• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

The last Raw PPV was better than it ha any right being. Kind of expecting the same type of show tonight, despite so many people eager to shit on it.

DAY 4 of ULTRAVIOLENCE...

This should of been a CZW cage of death "dream match" with Gage and Tremont...Hyde can't be happy about this....

18892923_1748958251787375_2978907917888651855_n.jpg

The last Raw PPV was better than it ha any right being. Kind of expecting the same type of show tonight, despite so many people eager to shit on it.

Typically these days when it comes to the main roster the least hyped events end up being pretty okay, possibly due to no expectations.
If there actually are expectations then it's inevitable that the 'E will screw things up, just ask Zach now he's finished watching the Punk Pipebomb saga that inexplicably ends with Trips/Nash in a ladder match.

As for ER, well the main event will probably be fun, though I can't imagine the event will meet the ultraviolent standards I expect from June.

UberTag

They will give you another 3 months by the end of those 3 months. I haven't paid for their Network yet. It's kind of mad how many trials they hand out
I think they care more about padding/inflating their "subscriber" numbers for their shareholders and conference calls.
If they manage to actually get paid for said subscriptions they'll consider that a welcome bonus.

I've got two accounts, they always send a trial for one of them before the other account's trial has run out - I'm actually not signed up now though, can't even be bothered to activate the trials and cancel. WWE's such trash at the moment, personally, didn't even watch all of Mania this year.

klonere

Banned
Alright DDT Universe acquired. Anybody got a good place to start if I want some context for this years big show at the Super Arena?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also if anyone but Nintendo put out ARMS I have a feeling it would get absolutely mangled for its lack of content. Style only gets you so far but it goes a little further when its Nintendo.

just wait until Gundam Versus is out if you want a good arena fighter that doesnt feel slow and has shit to do in it.

Recall

I'm always positive going in and like to wait until a show is over (and I've watched it) before passing judgement...though the card does look weak yet I have zero issue being surprised.

My biggest issue at the moment is everything blurring together - I feel like I can't really remember much about a show few days after watching it. The main event tonight is just about picking a guy who will lose to Brock. The stakes feel worthless, number 1 contender means very little these days but again I'm all for entertaining matches if the payoff is weak.

Also if anyone but Nintendo put out ARMS I have a feeling it would get absolutely mangled for its lack of content. Style only gets you so far but it goes a little further when its Nintendo.

just wait until Gundam Versus is out if you want a good arena fighter that doesnt feel slow and has shit to do in it.

I mean, we could probably wait for reviews before assuming it's going to get a pass here.
I'm expecting a 7-8 area.

Then again Tekken 7 mostly bypassed the content criticism with less than expected and that was right after Injustice 2 to boot so who knows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, we could probably wait for reviews before assuming it's going to get a pass here.
I'm expecting a 7-8 area.

Then again Tekken 7 mostly bypassed the content criticism with less than expected and that was right after Injustice 2 to boot so who knows.

I'm saying it'll be 8-9 but I'm saying it won't get near the criticism of something like SFV got

Dan Ryckert said its got less to do in it than launch Splatoon. And launch Splatoon was barebones as fuck but at least you could play dressup.

and atrocious resolutions as well as frame delay on ps4.

I found out my friend who had the network for a free month like two years ago still gets bombarded with LAST CHANCE 3 MONTHS FREE, which I find both funny and sad.

Good to see the last chance stips carry as much weight in e-mail as in the WWE universe.

I signed up for the app for one day last year just to see a PPV that my buddy wasn't going to be around for (who has the app).

I have gotten one email a month it seems, right before each PPV, saying "Don't miss WHATEVER PPV! Rejoin now for [insert deal here]!"

I've never felt so important in my entire life, haha.

RBH

Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSGk-_fGbo0

WWE Tap Mania
Developer: Sega
Where: Philippines
Platforms: Android, iOS
Live since: 19 May 2017

It seems that if you're not making a Clash Royale clone these days, you're probably making an idle game instead - and WWE Tap Mania isn't a MOBA by a long shot.

Here you'll be happily tapping away on the screen to beat up WWE wrestlers in the ring, earning coins and levelling up your team as you go.

You can unlock new wrestlers to use, each with their own special power that can boost your physical prowess for a short time, and an affinity that you'll have to make use of to strategically give yourself the upper hand against certain enemies.

You can also expect a huge roster of WWE wrestlers old and new to unlock, and live ops based on real-world wrestling match-ups to keep the fans entertained for years to come.

DAiAhp2XoAILGcr.jpg:small

DAsQgoMWsAAXNa_.jpg:small

DAbSq2QXUAE80u4.jpg:small

C-Qvjc1XoAIX1Pf.jpg:small

For Progress Gaf, I am about to sub again to Progress. I stopped watching during Ospreay reign, as I do not like him, and I am not sure I would like Scurll reign. I kinda want to start watching from the rise of British Strong Style, but would like to know were do I start? Is starting from the Haskins reign ok?

Still can't get over Kane in the main promotional image for Tap Mania in 2017, it's wonderful AND confusing.

I'm saying it'll be 8-9 but I'm saying it won't get near the criticism of something like SFV got

Dan Ryckert said its got less to do in it than launch Splatoon. And launch Splatoon was barebones as fuck but at least you could play dressup.
Sounds about right, the testpunch main menu doesn't offer much.

I'd be surprised if it got more props than Splatoon did as far as reviews go, that one finished up around 81 or something if I recall and its a more welcoming and probably stronger game.

I expect it to get dinged for content, not near SFV levels mind you, that was a whole different ball game, I got that at launch and even going in knowing how anaemic it was gonna be they managed to surprise me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still can't get over Kane in the main promotional image for Tap Mania in 2017, it's wonderful AND confusing.

Sounds about right, the testpunch main menu doesn't offer much.

I'd be surprised if it got more props than Splatoon did as far as reviews go, that one finished up around 81 or something if I recall and its a more welcoming and probably stronger game.

I expect it to get dinged for content, not near SFV levels mind you, that was a whole different ball game, I got that at launch and even going in knowing how anaemic it was gonna be they managed to surprise me.
Just saying no waifus needed

Nah Blizzard just released Overwatch not too long ago with the same Splatoon tactic/promises. Different genres but a $60 game with bare bones content with lootboxes from the start. The updates haven't even been that great focusing on the cosmetics cause they gotta sell those lootboxes. Nothing is gonna get as much hate as SFV did/does.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah Blizzard just released Overwatch not too long ago with the same Splatoon tactic/promises. Different genres but a $60 game with bare bones content with lootboxes from the start. The updates haven't even been that great focusing on the cosmetics cause they gotta sell those lootboxes. Nothing is gonna get as much hate as SFV did/does.

Overwatch launched with 21 heroes

For Progress Gaf, I am about to sub again to Progress. I stopped watching during Ospreay reign, as I do not like him, and I am not sure I would like Scurll reign. I kinda want to start watching from the rise of British Strong Style, but would like to know were do I start? Is starting from the Haskins reign ok?

Start at chapter 36. Prior to that, relating to BSS, Seven turned on Bate to join Dunne and form British Strong Style, that's basically all you need to know. The rest you can pick up, and/or go back and check out anything else that seems interesting.

I'll always vouch that Overwatch's selection of characters is what enabled matches to continue being interesting despite a lack of maps/modes/content.
Oddly enough I preferred Splatoon in its mid range of post release updates, then it actually managed to feel too cluttered with the weapon shop bombarding me with a bazillion new gun combos for like 5 minutes.

In general I don't think content is as big a deal in online focused games as it's made out to be, sure it's great to have it by all accounts but in these cases the gameplay should really sell itself.

Is Yu-Gi-Oh TAS still over? someone get me G-Fex!

Overwatch launched with 21 heroes

Yep but this is not free to play it was $60 on consoles and $40 on PC. Launched with quickplay and practice, competitive was added later on. No sinple-player(There still isn't one), "story" is all taking place outside of the game with comics and cinematics they release on their Youtube page, they released the arcade Game modes that barely work, and they have released only 2 maps that are actually made for the main modes of the game (quickplay and competetive) the others have been arena maps. They have been keeping up with those constant skin releases though.

I play and like the game but damn did Overwatch get a pass and not too long after people were getting upset over lack of content in SFV.

Syder

I don't think Overwatch should be held aloft as some sort of great piece of value for money content. They still make it incredibly grindy to get new event content (never spending a penny on lootboxes) and they can't even keep all 24 heroes inside the meta, coming from Dota where there's 113 heroes and 80-90% of them are viable in the meta at anyone time, I've never found Overwatch all that impressive.

Zach

Typically these days when it comes to the main roster the least hyped events end up being pretty okay, possibly due to no expectations.
If there actually are expectations then it's inevitable that the 'E will screw things up, just ask Zach now he's finished watching the Punk Pipebomb saga that inexplicably ends with Trips/Nash in a ladder match.
At least the Punker is champ where I am now (January 2012). Well, one of the champions. Daniel Bryan is the other champion! :D What a time to be an evil IWCer!

Sure, the storylines seem muddy and unfocused at all times. Just ignore that silliness.

P.S. Michael Cole is currently yelling at Booker T because Johnny Ace was a "better worker" than he was. It's WCW 2000 up in here.

Top Bottom