• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Foggy

Takuya Nomura is cold-blooded

giphy.gif

RBH

During the intro of 205 Live, when they had the camera panning over the dead San Diego crowd with 98% of the people sitting down in their seats while the intro music was blasting over the arena PA, it made me once again think...........how many more months of dead crowds is it going to take for these morons to realize that maybe they need to tape 205 before Smackdown instead of after? I know that's not going to solve all of 205's problems, but it would be a great first step.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Please let that be the end of this feud. Mustafa Ali can put on great matches when he's not paired up with this goober.

As for the spots not being brutal enough, on one hand I can't exactly root for people to do dumb dangerous shit, but at the same time it's kind of pointless to do a match like this if you are going to keep it so basic. Whether it's the women who don't want to do it, or the agents not wanting them to, it needs to be sorted out. I've heard the Asuka/Cross match tomorrow night is better in that regard.

It's really weird but I felt like there was more trepidation than in the first match tonight. Any time somebody was going to fall off the ladder they decided to walk down two or three rungs and it killed the match. I'd be really interested to know if it was down to the booking or the women involved though I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Cross' jumping cross body on Asuka off the stage was a better spot than anything in either of the two MitB matches. Heck, the head smashing against the shutters was too.

As for how dangerous things are, I just think people want it to mirror the mens matches. Nothing too stupid but I don't get why there wasn't a table/ladder spot, even if it involved James taking the bump. It has the same affect as the purple ropes where it makes it feel like it's not the real product.

Please let that be the end of this feud. Mustafa Ali can put on great matches when he's not paired up with this goober.

They really should be building him up as a threat after the performance he put on vs Neville.

So that was nonsense.

The heel says flips and dives are bad.

Flipper/Diver says no.

Anti diver misses a dive and diver wins with a wrestling hold. Thus proving anti-flipper right.

The story should be diver wins with fucking diving.

So that was nonsense.

The heel says flips and dives are bad.

Flipper/Diver says no.

Anti diver misses a dive and diver wins with a wrestling hold. Thus proving anti-flipper right.

The story should be diver wins with fucking diving.

The story's about a innocent white boy with a phobia of heights despite having the dream of being a cruiser-weight champion. He projected this fear by telling other to stick to a "No Fly Zone" gimmick for months because his adversity forced him to do so. However, after being pushed to the edge he finally saw that taking to the air was the only way to win a match, so he finally overcame his fear. Only for a crafty brown villain to shrewdly roll out of the way and used the wrestling Drew used as a crutch for so many years to win the match and make our poor white hero doubt his new found bravery.

I can't believe what they have done, or not done, with Metalik.

This implies that they've done something with Metalik.

The story's about a innocent white boy with a phobia of heights despite having the dream of being a cruiser-weight champion. He projected this fear by telling other to stick to a "No Fly Zone" gimmick for months because his adversity forced him to do so. However, after being pushed to the edge he finally saw that taking to the air was the only way to win a match, so he finally overcame his fear. Only for a crafty brown villain to shrewdly roll out of the way and used the wrestling Drew used as a crutch for so many years to win the match and make our poor white hero doubt his new found bravery.

Lol well done.

RBH

the crowd doesn't even look that empty but they're still so dead

I went to the Smackdown taping in Chicago in December when they did the Wild Card gimmick. Those two hours of Smackdown prior to 205 just drain your energy. It's tough to build up alot of excitement when you've seen so much wrestling already that night.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Dark match is Orton, Styles, Nakamura vs Owens, Ziggler, Jinder. Got free tickets from Corbin so sitting near the ring with a good group. Crowd still decent!

I went to the Smackdown taping in Chicago in December when they did the Wild Card gimmick. Those two hours of Smackdown prior to 205 just drain your energy. It's tough to build up alot of excitement when you've seen so much wrestling already that night.
fuck and to think the women's tournament final is gonna be after a sd show

I think that 205 has a really strong face roster. The issue is that Neville's the best heel in the company who's several tiers above them all and the rest of the heels on the show are so terrible they've bring Bryan down if he went against them, it's a legion of X-Pacs.

And the MYC finale is going to be in that same position

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tozawa has perhaps the most generic music on the entire roster

and the AH! thing... I just... why

So what the fuck are they meant to be doing with Titus? They debuted him as heel, did nothing to suggest that he was face and now he's face despite making Tozawa worse? I thought they were going for an Apollo turn. I mean that segment was great because there was no Titus.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Well that one fan really likes it

Top Bottom