• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

norm9

Just caught up with the smackdown highlights. They're bringing back the wack Punjabi prison match?! This is going to be so terrible for the next few months until summerslam

Just caught up with the smackdown highlights. They're bringing back the wack Punjabi prison match?! This is going to be so terrible for the next few months until summerslam

I mean it's a feud with Orton... it keeps all the really awesome guys in feuds with the other awesome guys.

I think I'm still bias because her face mic work against Bliss was some hokey shit. She's been getting better and better since the superstar shakeup though.
Alexa's mic work wasn't great either tbh. I don't blame the women because they were given bad lines (potato farm and dumbo come to mind for both).

Foggy

A big dog and his yard

DDWttFqWsAQP2sq.jpg

Bliss was talking circles around Becky in that feud, it's what made me become a huge fan of hers so I'll disagree with you on that.

I just never saw it? Alexa always comes across as super fake and overly concerned with being witty without caring about how much sense it makes. I know I'm in the minority here though.

It's like when people say Alexa silences what's after saying something funny but the audience keeps on whatting. Where as tonight Carmella made it seem like she was ignoring them whilst switching up her rhythm and it worked.

Agree to disagree then.

*chairshots you for that damn seth avatar*

Totally yo, we all have different opinions and that's what makes us all so great. Our differences don't separate us they unite us. We are all in this together even if that means sometimes we have to take chair shots for the greater good. We do it. I for an I makes us all blind but if we all live by we for an us each and every week? Damn yo we can't be beat

Totally yo, we all have different opinions and that's what makes us all so great. Our differences don't separate us they unite us. We are all in this together even if that means sometimes we have to take chair shots for the greater good. We do it. I for an I makes us all blind but if we all live by we[/B for an us each and every week? Damn yo wean't be beat

giphy.gif

I just never saw it? Alexa always comes across as super fake and overly concerned with being witty without caring about how much sense it makes. I know I'm in the minority here though.

It's like when people say Alexa silences what's after saying something funny but the audience keeps on whatting. Where as tonight Carmella made it seem like she was ignoring them whilst switching up her rhythm and it worked.

They do stop after she owns them, they just come back because I dunno people are dorks and probably want to be owned

Together all of you at WrestleGaf make me a better Seth Rolins and I can't thank you all enough for that.

norm9

Are we hating on Orton or Jinder? I can't tell.

Jinder is a good champ if not an underwhelming villain. Randy OEton is at the point in his career where his journey should be about being a legend killer again.

Jinder is a good champ if not an underwhelming villain. Randy OEton is at the point in his career where his journey should be about being a legend killer again.

Why would he be a legend killer again?

They're all gone.

Randy's the legend now, only he's never achieved anything. Figure out who's the dead weight in this feud.

I just re-watched the Dunne/Bate match from Chicago. Holy good fuck that match is so good. I don't see how anyone on the main roster can touch that anytime soon. Nakamura and AJ have the pure ability, but they won't get a match with that much time and that big of stakes. Anyone else on the main roster just wouldn't be given the opportunity to have that kind of match.

Mahonay

Banned
Did Carmella get a DLC patch that activated her mic skills because she's completely awesome all of a sudden. I was always was team Carms but damn she's basically now third best talker in the entire women's division literally out of nowhere.

Lol Owens might have fucked up Renee's phone

That was a candidate for best Talking Smack ever.
Didn't get to watch Smackdown tonight but I definitely noticed Carmella was suddenly really solid on the mic last week.

Sounds like I definitely need to watch Talking Smack as well.

Mahonay

Banned
I just re-watched the Dunne/Bate match from Chicago. Holy good fuck that match is so good. I don't see how anyone on the main roster can touch that anytime soon. Nakamura and AJ have the pure ability, but they won't get a match with that much time and that big of stakes. Anyone else on the main roster just wouldn't be given the opportunity to have that kind of match.
I have a hard time seeing any WWE match topping that this year. That shit was fucking bonkers. Will probably rate as one of the top WWE matches of the decade.

I have a hard time seeing any WWE match topping that this year. That shit was fucking bonkers. Will probably rate as one of the top WWE matches of the decade.

The only match in WWE I could see being better than it is if we get AJ vs. Omega next year. Give those two a SD PPV main event and give it 35-40 minutes and get out of the way.

Foggy

If I recall, the match was only 15 minutes. But yeah, I think there are a lot of guys on the roster that whether it be NXT, WWE, or 205 that can have that kind of match but for whatever reason the road agents or whoever won't let the training wheels come off. It's a shame really. Just let these guys do the things that put them on your radar in the first place.

Matches of this caliber happen more often than a bunch of folks realize. Unfortunately, it's telling that these matches don't happen at your Manias or Summerslams or Rumbles or whatever prestige event, but rather in the pockets of the WWE that seemingly have the least cooks in the kitchen.

Didn't get to watch Smackdown tonight but I definitely noticed Carmella was suddenly really solid on the mic last week.

Sounds like I definitely need to watch Talking Smack as well.

She was dumb on talking smack. People are giving her way too much credit. She doesn't buy into her character at all and when she speaks, you can still see the wheels turning in her eyes as she makes every effort not to botch her lines. She can hardly keep eye contact it anyone she speaks to.

ReiGun

The Women's MITB2 match was good, but still feels like a waste of time. They could have had that exact ending two weeks ago and it would have been fine. Yeah, they did generate heat, but the results feel underwhelming for such a controversial and offputting ending to the first one.

Mahonay

Banned
She was dumb on talking smack. People are giving her way too much credit. She doesn't buy into her character at all and when she speaks, you can still see the wheels turning in her eyes as she makes every effort not to botch her lines. She can hardly keep eye contact it anyone she speaks to.
¯_(ツ)_/¯ I thought she was good last week. Will have to watch tonight's show tomorrow to judge for myself.

If I recall, the match was only 15 minutes. But yeah, I think there are a lot of guys on the roster that whether it be NXT, WWE, or 205 that can have that kind of match but for whatever reason the road agents or whoever won't let the training wheels come off. It's a shame really. Just let these guys do the things that put them on your radar in the first place.

Matches of this caliber happen more often than a bunch of folks realize. Unfortunately, it's telling that these matches don't happen at your Manias or Summerslams or Rumbles or whatever prestige event, but rather in the pockets of the WWE that seemingly have the least cooks in the kitchen.

It's almost like micromanaging every last bit of the show and locking everyone into working the same way is a detriment to your show.

Nah, that can't be it.

Do people think the original MITB match was a failure on purpose to create the rematch tonight? Wow.

I mean, I can totally see WWE pulling that shit. I just never saw it that way.

Disagree she was great

Foggy

It's almost like micromanaging every last bit of the show and locking everyone into working the same way is a detriment to your show.

Nah, that can't be it.

To a degree, it's understandable. They're filling hours upon hours upon hours of content every week and the easiest way to keep those wheels going is to simplify and codify everything.

Also bookers and road agents would suddenly become superfluous if people figured out these wrestlers actually know what they're doing. But you can imagine who has more political cache.

Also there's a madman behind the wheel.

It's messed up across the board.

She got a shot and she ran with it. I honestly think she's the most genuine heel character on the show down to her pulling the James shit at MitB because she wasn't given a shot despite pinning the champ twice even though she would have use him if she hasn't. She never delays so I don'y really get what you're talking about?

Stall19

The ladder match didn't look good at all watching it live. Nattie's powerbomb was the most impactful move of the match. Plus we had a great view of the entire ring from where I was sitting and got to watch all the women just lay outside watching the action waiting for their spot.

Also Nakamura got the pop of the show during the main event with AJ a close second in case people are wondering how casuals react to him. Poor 205 though. Crowd was dead.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The ladder match didn't look good at all watching it live. Nattie's powerbomb was the most impactful move of the match. Plus we had a great view of the entire ring from where I was sitting and got to watch all the women just lay outside watching the action waiting for their spot.

Also Nakamura got the pop of the show during the main event with AJ a close second in case people are wondering how casuals react to him. Poor 205 though. Crowd was dead.
i almost went before I remembered I had almost literally anything else to do and guessed that the MITB would be wack.

She got a shot and she ran with it. I honestly think she's the most genuine heel character on the show down to her pulling the James shit at MitB because she wasn't given a shot despite pinning the champ twice even though she would have use him if she hasn't. She never delays so I don'y really get what you're talking about?

I don't know how many more "everyone underestimated me, now look at me. " speeches I can take. I think we have 5 variants of these "character arcs" happening right now, the WWE Champ included.

I will give her credit: she accomplished an incredible feat rubbing that heat the company had for it's booking of that first mitb match and transferring onto herself. She saw an opportunity, she took it and it's working. For now.

It's just not for me. Her promos and gimmick are bland and inspired. She could be gone tomorrow and I woildnt care. Once this storyline is over and that heat dessipates, will she still be able to remain relevant with "heeeey look atta me I'm abulous I'm mitb oh and I'm fabulous" promos?

We'll see.

Adree

Do people think the original MITB match was a failure on purpose to create the rematch tonight? Wow.

I mean, I can totally see WWE pulling that shit. I just never saw it that way.

They likely saw it as a clever reason to have two main events on Raw/Smackdown that involved all of the women without being multi-woman tags the week after GLOW dropped.

Rimfya

Banned
I'm starting to feel like being "good on the mic" is simply being given a character that's natural to the person. Everyone who's "bad on the mic" is just being asked too much. Who on the current roster cuts a great promo that seems to go 100% against who they are as a person?

Adree

I'm starting to feel like being "good on the mic" is simply being given a character that's natural to the person. Everyone who's "bad on the mic" is just being asked too much. Who on the current roster cuts a great promo that seems to go 100% against who they are as a person?

Kevin Owens, Miz, Alexa Bliss....

I think some people are just given more freedom than others. Im sure Owens is just given bulletpoints and trusted to fill in the gaps whereas as someone like Natty (and Nakamura recently) come across as so scripted it is kinda cringe.

Owens, Bliss, Charlotte, Miz.

And I disagree: Bayley especially is literally herself and Sasha too I feel is pretty close to herself and neither of them are good talkers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see how anyone who watches all wrestling promotions equally in Japan can say Okada is better than Yuji Okabayashi

Yuji is better in singles, in 6 mans and in regular tags.

Adree

Owens, Bliss, Charlotte, Miz.

And I disagree: Bayley especially is literally herself and Sasha too I feel is pretty close to herself and neither of them are good talkers.

Heel Sasha in NXT was pretty good. I feel like in general it's easier for nice people in real life to play effective heels.

Top Bottom