• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Nocturnowl how did our boy Hawlucha get snubbed again for pokken???

They only had time to put in one new bird pokemon and the slightly superior Decidueye won out.
But my heart still longs for Hawlucha, he's getting that WWE booking right now.

Before anyone points out Empoleon, he was already added to the arcade release.

Raw64life

Loved Pokemon when I was a kid. Last one I played was Diamond. Once catching them all wasn't a thing anymore I lost interest.

Although if they're really doing a proper console Pokemon at some point I'd be tempted to try it out.

we're already miserable because of the Nintendo, why do you have to do this now

Miserable? bro, the better Pokemon title of 2016 is the one that got the Switch edition, I don't know what the problem is.

0zd0W6q.gif

Edgey boy is probably just salty that his favourite fighter is some abandoned property where the closest it's going to get to attention in this day and age is as a throwaway arcade title within Yakuza 6.

I mean, I haven't played it in years, but Smash has had money tournaments for like 15 years.

I know but it still isn't a fighter. Party game trying to pretend to be a fighter.

Edgey boy is probably just salty that his favourite fighter is some abandoned property where the closest it's going to get to attention in this day and age is as a throwaway arcade title within Yakuza 6.

this is so true it hurts

rip VF

Give me a PC port

Raw64life

Smash N64 is better than Melee and Melee is the third best Smash game

I used to do Smash 64 tournaments online using Kaillera back in the day. Shit was so fun when it worked properly, which admittedly was rarely. 15 years later Nintendo is just starting to think about possibly making classic multiplayer games online compatible.

Payback
Backlash
Extreme rules
Money in the bank

4 ppv in 7 weeks

7 weeks from now I probably won't be able to remember a single match that occurred on any of these shows (except for my boy Jinder grabbing that brass ring).

XenoRaven

Hey it's not abandoned. VF fans can still play as their favorite fighters

in DOA5

provided their favorite fighters are Akira, Sarah, and Jacky

and no one likes Jacky.

I forgot VF lived on via DoA, what a strange world we live in.

of course you wouldn't understand what the problem is, you still watch Vince McMahon's wrestling show
via youtube!

Gee whizzers friends, you'll get your by the numbers Pokeyman sequel on the switch eventually, just not in the thrilling form of a 3DS port shoddily upscaled by the anti tech wizards at Game Freak.

this is so true it hurts

rip VF

Give me a PC port

I'm sorry to dredge up horrible memories.
sort of.

Sephzilla

When is GWF BOSJ? How do I apply?

Date and participants are still unannounced. Here's the entry form

Note: The GWF roster is pretty loaded right now and entry does not guarantee you a spot in BOSJM right now

Ladies and Gentlemen, the GAF WRESTLING FEDERATION is back!

What is the GWF?
WrassleGAF members compete in simulated matches in WWE 2k17. It's a fake wrestling, only faker. It's purely for fun and something we can all laugh about.

How do I enter?
Send me, Sephzilla, a PM with the following information. Then I will create a wrestler NeoGAF Sports Entertainer in game for you. Just be warned that I might take a few creative liberties with your appearance and entrance. Also, I'm going to try to keep movesets mostly simply (aka, mostly movesets of existing wrestlers), because otherwise it will take an eternity to make everyone.
-- Who's your favorite wrestler. This will help me determine what your wrestler's move set will be. I'd probably prefer if you name an active one though. Preferably a WWE one too. Just because it makes assigning moves easier for me. But if you hate making it easy for me, name some obscure guy.​
-- What is your finishing move?​
-- Do you want to be a face (good guy) or heel (bad guy)? Note: This can change over time​
-- What is your GAF avatar? This will help with what your appearance will be​
-- Any other miscellaneous information you want included, like if you want to tag team with someone​

Is anything else involved?
Beyond entering? No. Just show up to watch! Maybe have some fun little smack talk too.

Where will we be able to watch this?
On Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/sephzilla
There will likely be Youtube archives as well

Can I tune in even if I'm not in it?
Absolutely. We need to see who's actually a draw around here!

When will we be able to watch this?
I'm tentatively planning on this being a once a month event type deal. Doing it weekly might ruin the novelty of it, plus there's already enough weekly wrestling to watch. I'll let you know when the first GWF show will happen and then we'll go from there.

How are matches/booking determined?
Any joking smack talk between GAF members could provoke a match at a GWF Special Event! I don't have influence over how WWE 2k17's shitty AI works, so the winner/losers are random and unpredictable.

Misc. Information
I'm probably going to cap the size of GWF to 20 or so people, at least for now, because if it gets too big it might get hard to manage. I'm going to take overflow entrants though, so fear not. Also, I don't mean to sound exclusive, but I'm probably going to give preference towards WrassleGAF members who post more frequently versus lurkers when it comes to making the roster. Consider that incentive to post more! We're good people!

Should I take this stuff seriously?
No, this is for fun!

imBask

Banned
Gee whizzers friends, you'll get your by the numbers Pokeyman sequel on the switch eventually, just not in the thrilling form of a 3DS port shoddily upscaled by the anti tech wizards at Game Freak.

I just want games that aren't fucking ports, or aren't motion control trash like ARMS

Raw64life

I just want games that aren't fucking ports, or aren't motion control trash like ARMS

I'll be standing in line all day long to play Super Mario Odyssey next week. It's mere existence justified my Switch purpose.

ARMS wasn't terrible, but I'm not getting it. And I did not even attempt the motion controllers. I just think it'll get old quick. And it's gonna die off quickly as soon as Splatoon 2 hits.

Pokemon would've been a port though!
I mean unless you think they'd be capable of smashing out a brand new generation a mere year after the last one.

Please wait until E3 next week, when Tropical Freeze Deluxe is announced, then you can start complaining leaping with joy.

imBask

Banned
Pokemon would've been a port though!
I mean unless you think they'd be capable of smashing out a brand new generation a mere year after the last one.

Please wait until E3 next week, when Tropical Freeze Deluxe is announced, then you can start complaining leaping with joy.

nah i'll start complaining today because Nintendo gets so much free passes it's getting stupid

Zach

Date and participants are still unannounced. Here's the entry form

Note: The GWF roster is pretty loaded right now and entry does not guarantee you a spot in BOSJM right now
Remember that the Huggerz of the D are cashing in the Mahonay in the Bank Beefcase at the next GWF super event.

Top Bottom