• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Payback
Backlash
Extreme rules
Money in the bank

4 ppv in 7 weeks

So I was thinking about this. When this began happening with the In Your House stuff, how did it not feel overwhelming in that 95-99 run? Was it the simple fact that early on we only really had RAW and it was two hours, then in later years the fact that wrestling was just white hot and we all wanted more?

So I was thinking about this. When this began happening with the In Your House stuff, how did it not feel overwhelming in that 95-99 run? Was it the simple fact that early on we only really had RAW and it was two hours, then in later years the fact that wrestling was just white hot and we all wanted more?

IYH were two hours and had some well bult matches

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't even begin to imagine how they map that match out. I'm expecting Brock to not give a shit and booking just resorts to more of the same.

The buildup will be "Joe gets suplexed"

the match will be "Joe gets suplexed"

Brock laughs all the way to the bank

Mixed tag feud of Bayley and Bray vs Sami and Becky.

Double countout finish.

Eh, Sami and Becky aren't booked too terribly. At least Becky always comes across as a strong but beatable face who gets taken advantage of because she's never do the wrong thing (She's what Bayley should be). Sami's booking's been fine outside of when they turned him into Woody Allen, his win/loss isn't that bad outside of big matches (which was always his thing) and even when he loses most of the time it's because the heel cheats.

Bayley and Bray never win and complain that they deserve shot after shot or claim to be the new face of fear. When Becky or Sami lose it tends to mean something to them as characters, where as Bayley/Bray lose they're booked just to pretend like it doesn't happen all the time.

The buildup will be "Joe gets suplexed"

the match will be "Joe gets suplexed"

Brock laughs all the way to the bank

As likely as this is, I hope it's not but if it is I hope the crowd finally turns, shit got old ages ago... I just saw it's in Dallas, guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for that.

Hey, Brock Lesnar is back.

Fast-forwarding through Extreme Rules until something seems interesting. Just saw the Cody/Show finish:

BtFp0.gif

>_>
Cena beating Lesnar accelerated the infinite downward spiral by about a 1.6x multiplier.

Kaladin

WWE plans to distribute the Mae Young Classic tournament in a different way, PWInsider.com has exclusively confirmed.

The plan is to film the 32-woman tournament on 7/13 and 7/14 at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida for the WWE Network.

The Network will debut a preview special for the tournament on 8/20 with the first round of the tournament being released via Video on Demand the final week of August as a way to let fans binge the "episodes."

The second round will be released the first week in September, again via the VOD service. Initially, the plan was to release them Summerslam week but the decision was made to hold off so that the women's tournament was not overshadowed by everything else WWE had scheduled for that week, which is pretty smart.

The current plan is to hold the finals live on Tuesday 9/12. Currently, the only WWE event scheduled that day is a taping in Las Vegas for the Smackdown brand, so it may be that the finals of the Mae Young Classic will air live on the Network from Las Vegas.

WWE has already locked in a number of talents for the tournament.

BOOOOOO if they do the finals in Vegas instead of at Full Sail.

BOOOOOO if they do the finals in Vegas instead of at Full Sail.
They probably don't want a repeat of the Full Sail shitting on TJP incident for when some lesser known gal beats Hojo clean (joking on the last part) but the whole crowd will boo someone for beating someone they like thing might still happen.

That aaw show and hes double booked for PWG and style battle.

And and evolve just announced a show on the same day he's supposed to be wrestling Ishii in the UK, so who knows if that'll happen

Welp

"June 6th: WWN is allowing Riddle out of his bookings on July 8th and July 9th to pursue another opportunity. We feel it is only fair for Riddle's career. However, we do deeply value the fans who will attend our debut events on July 8th in Charlotte, NC and July 9th in Atlanta, GA. Trent Baretta has been added to EVOLVE 88 and EVOLVE 89 as a replacement."

🤔🤔🤔

DAsQbZfXUAE-YQg.jpg:small

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I hate Bork and his part time I don't give a f**k about any of this BS.

Wish the crowd would turn on him and just go full "Joe is gonna kill you." but I know it wont happen, stupid people mark out for him still for some reason.

The only thing Bork has been involved with that was interesting was getting squashed by Goldberg that time just because it was such a surprising moment.

Anth0ny

I hate Bork and his part time I don't give a f**k about any of this BS.

Wish the crowd would turn on him and just go full "Joe is gonna kill you." but I know it wont happen, stupid people mark out for him still for some reason.

The only thing Bork has been involved with that was interesting was getting squashed by Goldberg that time just because it was such a surprising moment.

agreed, I'd like for joe to fuck him up

but it's gonna be a squash

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When was the last time a black man appeared in the main event?

Probably a New Day segment from ages ago.

That or when Sasha Banks/Charlotte main evented Hell in a Cell just so Vince could get off on making Sasha lose in her hometown again.

Depends on if you consider the rock black. And even you do that was like what 8 , 9 years.

I mean his Dad is Rocky Johnson
Rocky Johnson was born Wayde Douglas Bowles in Amherst, Nova Scotia, where he was raised, the fourth of five sons of Lillian (née Gay) and James Henry Bowles.[3][1] A Black Nova Scotian, he is descended from Black Loyalists who emigrated to Nova Scotia after escaping from a southern plantation in the United States after the American Revolutionary War.[1]

Top Bottom