• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Zach

I was pulling for my dude Cena, but maybe Lesnar should've won that. They kinda had a monster heel on their hands.

Unless he's on the four-matches-a-year contract or whatevz. Then I don't care.

They better get some good interviews out of them because that list isn't setting my world on fire.

If it's anything like the CWC, remember the first round has a TON of filler, so you've got
Nixon, Kimber, Evie, poss Io and Hojo, plus also rumoured like KLR and Viper etc
as your deep runners into the tournament.

XenoRaven

I was pulling for my dude Cena, but maybe Lesnar should've won that. They kinda had a monster heel on their hands.

Unless he's on the four-matches-a-year contract or whatevz. Then I don't care.
If you thought Brock should have beaten Cena, you're gonna love Brock vs HHH.

Hardys on a reduced schedule the rest of the month at least. Reby giving birth soon

We missed out on having half the Raw champs not being on the show

somedevil

If it's anything like the CWC, remember the first round has a TON of filler, so you've got
Nixon, Kimber, Evie, poss Io and Hojo, plus also rumoured like KLR and Viper etc
as your deep runners into the tournament.

Also rumored is
Marti Belle and Mia Yim

Mae Young Classic people
Performance Center people are making up the bulk of the show as Taynara Melo, Sarah Logan, Victoria González, Julia Ho, Kimber Lee, Zhao Xia, Lacey Evans, Mary Kate, Bianca Blair & Danielle Kamela are all confirmed for the MYC, per PWInsider.

A lot of places aren't being raided successfully <3
Ehhhh... Bolded are the only ones who have a chance of making it out of the first round given their experience, maybe Bianca Blair if they're high enough on her at this point, I imagine most of the inexperienced ones won't make it out of the first round, add Evie, Nixon Newell and Kairi Hojo and probably Thea Trinadad too. Victoria Gonzalez is tall and second generation and also started her training outside WWE but never seen anything on her if she's in it I wonder if they do her and Mary Kate in the first round.

uwR6tTH.gif
I know she's retiring in five months but it would've been cool to see Manami Toyota either show up in the MYC or a one off like they did with Liger. Hell, Aja Kong got screwed out of her WWF run, give her a role too as unrealistic as either are for anything but a one off they're probably not interested in doing.

Hex

Banned
So is E3 going to be Raw Bad or NXT Takeover good?

To be honest I am more of a TGS kind of guy.
What would amuse me to no end is for Microsoft to come out Sunday "Scorpio! Scorpio! Scorpio!" *Smug mode*

Monday Night Sony comes out, does their show.
Star wars Battlefront 2 with exclusives, Injustice 2 with exclusives- releases Red Hood, Destiny 2 with exclusives, Fifa with exclusives, Red Dead with exclusives...God of War, Last of Us 2.....some VR stuff.....and at the end "Oh and PS5 Fall 2018" (or summer 2019) *Mic Drop*

Del Rio did an interview with WrestlingInc

On Ryback claiming promotions won't do well in India because people are poor said:
*laughs* That really makes me laugh. To be honest, I really like Ryback. He's a guy that...*laughs* I mean, I like the guy, he's a nice person. But I mean - it's ridiculous that someone like him, who hasn't done much in the business...he had some good times. In WWE, he had some good moments, he had a good run, he had a good career. But he hasn't really done anything in this business yet. And I'm putting this in the nicest way because I like the guy. I don't want to disrespect the guy. But his comment is completely stupid.
On how he said the last interview he had there he'd be in the business for maybe 3 more years and is that still true said:
Yes, definitely. Definitely. I'm not going to be doing this for too long. I'm tired, I'm just tired. I'm going to stop doing so many shows outside of the US. I'm going to come back to India anytime they need me with Impact Wrestling. But I'm not going to do so many shows in Europe. I just cancelled one of the shows in Chile.
On his future said:
Well, I'm going to retire from pro wrestling soon. And if everything goes well, I will stay at Impact working as an agent, a producer.

RBH

In this week’s Sports Business Journal story on “the greying of sports,” John Lombardo and David Broughton analyzed 25 years of Nielsen data. They found that the median age TV viewer has gotten older for every sport except women’s tennis. And no sport (or pseudo-sport) has seen its TV viewers get older than WWE. Since 2000, the median age of wrestling viewers has gone up 26 years.

In 2000, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer was 28. Now it’s 54, per the SBJ. The age of the wrestling audience nearly doubled in 17 years!

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...5/Research-and-Ratings/Viewership-trends.aspx

http://deadspin.com/study-the-median-age-of-tv-wrestling-viewers-has-nearl-1795864450

DWLEE2q.png

Also, let us not forget my avatar when I joined WrassleGAF was of my waifu Shizune from Katawa Shoujo:

(Until the flood of alt-righters with anime avatars ruined it)

I heel turned on her with Misha, no regrets.

Sonic Colors was so good

I hate that Mania and whatever the next one is seem to rely on redoing old stages again. I loved how Colors was all new stuff.
Aquarium Park was dope.

Rumor going around that
Hideo Itami
could be leaving soon when the contract.
One case where I can't even blame the 'E for the booking.

Zach

Wait. Camacho vs. Ryback and John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis are higher up on the card than Punk vs. Bryan for the WWE Championship?

That's silly.

Rumor going around that
Hideo Itami
could be leaving soon when the contract.

Not surprising but really sad things turned out thia way. He had some very bad luck. Came in right around the golden era of NXT and theb was fucked since.

Would hate to be in the
NOAH dojo
when he returns.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Itami leaving wouldn't be a surprise, but unlike most people, I don't think it's WWE's fault. He just got hurt so long and so often that his presence is almost weird now - nobody from the Sami Zayn era of NXT is still around and virtually every TV character has been promoted by this point. Even Dana Brooke.

Like back at, random example from that era, R Evolution, the people who were on the show:

Kevin Owens
CJ Parker
The Lucha Dragons
The Vaudevillains
Baron Corbin
Tye Dillinger
Finn Bálor
Hideo Itami
The Ascension
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Sami Zayn
Adrian Neville

The only people who never made it to the main roster are CJ Parker (who is doing well as Juice Robinson) and Itami. The only other people I can even remember in the TakeOver era who never made it to WWE are like Blake and Murphy. Sure, Gotch got fired, but he did in fact get promoted before that happened.

Itami leaving wouldn't be a surprise, but unlike most people, I don't think it's WWE's fault.

I'm gonna agree. Whether it was the schedule, overwork trying to adapt to the style, just plain age, or something else entirely, his body just completely fell apart. Both him and the company tried to make the best of the situation amidst it, but it just didn't work out

Egg0

Banned
How long has Itami been in NXT? During his time there, how many times have we seen him do a GTS?

Is it even double digits?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Here supposedly is the next NXT recruit that has bayley babyface potential for the NXT brand:

https://twitter.com/Evie_NZ/status/872220277379301377

Evie was pretty well known when she signed. She's just behind all of the other girls they signed due to visa issues.

I'm gonna agree. Whether it was the schedule, overwork trying to adapt to the style, just plain age, or something else entirely, his body just completely fell apart. Both him and the company tried to make the best of the situation amidst it, but it just didn't work out

Honestly I think the problem is that at this point is that his best option while staying around is going to 205, which probably feels like a demotion.

somedevil

Evie was pretty well known when she signed. She's just behind all of the other girls they signed due to visa issues.

Honestly I think the problem is that at this point is that his best option while staying around is going to 205, which probably feels like a demotion.

She just reported now. Its just some people say she has that bayley level potential that is lacking now in NXT.

They are trying to make Ember into that right now.

Top Bottom