• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is that the third week in a row that Nakamura pinned KO?

Shinsuke keeps beating Owens. Dude is coming off fairly average. Feels like he needs a proper opponent but there really arent many good Smackdown heels

Im convinced Orton could be great for the many faces on sd

r03yQ6.gif

giphy.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I dont know if its just me but i dont feel Naka has had a really good match yet on smackdown, nothing has stood out from his pervious work

Anth0ny

Shinsuke keeps beating Owens. Dude is coming off fairly average. Feels like he needs a proper opponent but there really arent many good Smackdown heels

Im convinced Orton could be great for the many faces on sd

Owens doesn't feel like a credible opponent right now. Which is sad. he got less out of that jericho feud than he should have.

doesn't help that they keep calling him cartman.

Raw64life

I dont know if its just me but i dont feel Naka has had a really good match yet on smackdown, nothing has stood out from his pervious work

That main roster effect. But when you get 12 minutes with a 4 minute commercial break in the middle of it there's not much even Nakamura can do.

orioto

Good Art™
Of course Owens is Naka's bitch, that was the danger with that SD roster from the start.

Except Owens has been booked as someone who can't beat anyone clean in for months. naka doesn't look strong. It just makes Owens looks more and more like a jobber. When is the last time he looked strong in a ring ??

The fact that they give you Owens/Naka in a SD and the focus of the match is basically Corbin tells you a lot actually. It has NO value to them, at all.

Raw64life

Owens feels weak because Nakamura is beating him?

It's the way he's beating him, particularly just now. In a 10 minute nothing match on SD with no feud, no build. Tom Phillips was screaming "BIG FIGHT FEEL!!!!" but it didn't feel like it at all. The match barely got going and then it was over.

Of course Owens is Naka's bitch, that was the danger with that SD roster from the start.

As I've said, the thing you'll see more and more with raids and indy guys popping up on the roster is it means some of them (at least) will have to lose, and lose often. And it definitely won't always be in dream match, half hour-plus epics, but usually in sub double-digit long, instantly forgettable duds.

orioto

Good Art™
It's the way he's beating him, particularly just now. In a 10 minute nothing match on SD with no feud, no build. Tom Phillips was screaming "BIG FIGHT FEEL!!!!" but it didn't feel like it at all. The match barely got going and then it was over.

It's precisly that time where people will be like "nah don't worry win and losses don't count, nah nah nah" but this is the sure fall into being treated like shit till the end of your career. Owens is right now the big heel who opens his mouth but every new face will beat him to look good.

Some here already think he's not legit enough to make nakamura look strong. That's when bookers feels the same way that you can say goodbye to his wwe career.

As I've said, the thing you'll see more and more with raids and indy guys popping up on the roster is it means some of them (at least) will have to lose, and lose often. And it definitely won't always be in dream match, half hour-plus epics, but usually in sub double-digit long, instantly forgettable duds.

It's always a booking problem, it's always their fault to begin with.
All the little things i'm always complaining about here and people find me boring and paranoiac. But all those little things are a slow but sure road to being treated like shit.
They basically stopped Owens from being over or appreciated cause they need him as a good ol' heel to make baby faces look good. They destroyed his character, his ring cred, then it comes to a time where people are not excepting that much from him, and there is no real need to protect him anymore.

That's what wrestling does. They take someone, they cruch him and they spit him.

This.

Also I don't feel Owens is looking weak by losing to Nakamura at all, by the way, he's only lost like a couple of times on tag matches and this singles defeat, against the same wrestler.

It's not a parade of L's with every guy on the roster.

So what are the odds on AJ turning on Nak in a month or 2 after Cena's back? They really need another top heel aside from KO and Jinder.

orioto

Good Art™
This.

Also I don't feel Owens is looking weak by losing to Nakamura at all, by the way, he's only lost like a couple of times on tag matches and this singles defeat, against the same wrestler.

It's not a parade of L's with every guy on the roster.

The problem is, Owens from NXT or his debut on RAW wouldn't have lost like that. And they would actually have made a big deal of that match. They would have kept it for a ppv or something.

When it's 10 minutes and the commentary is about Corbin assaulting Zayn.. Owens is basically cannon fodder

The problem is, Owens from NXT or his debut on RAW wouldn't have lost like that. And they would actually have made a big deal of that match. They would have kept it for a ppv or something.

When it's 10 minutes and the commentary is about Corbin assaulting Zayn.. Owens is basically cannon fodder

Wouldn't pay too much attention, dude's US Champ and in kayfabe obliterated Jericho to the point of retiring him.

He's on the limbo with who is he gonna feud for the belt until after Money in the Bank so they're using him to make Nakamura look as every bit as strong as they can regardless of them making it a big deal about the match or not.

somedevil

Does WWE has a policy on retweeting twitter sites that gif the show? Cause I find it funny that after her match Charlotte goes on social media and retweets that site we all use and then makes a comment on Mick foley daughter instagram.

orioto

Good Art™
Wouldn't pay too much attention, dude's US Champ and in kayfabe obliterated Jericho to the point of retiring him.

He's on the limbo with who is he gonna feud for the belt until after Money in the Bank so they're using him to make Nakamura look as every bit as strong as they can regardless of them making it a big deal about the match or not.

The intention is never to destroy a wrestler. It's always about what they need at a certain time, and arranging things like they can. It's the result of it that counts.

It's always accidental. At first you're protected, then less and less. Sure he can take a loss here, and there. Then people stop seeing him has a legit threat... Then they stop caring.

I can tell you that Owens smark love has died considerably after the universal title run already. You can see it easily online. He doesn't really have massive support like other indy stars. They did the worst with him cause they killed teh whole "breaking the glass ceiling" expectation. He was a champ, and it was lame cause of booking. So.. It's not like people will cheer for his push. The whole idea was to kill his smark reaction from the day he became a champ on raw.

So now he's not funny anymore, he loses, he has an horrible look... They did it. They killed the internet hype. Now he's just an employee they can use like they want.

Top Bottom