• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

The intention is never to destroy a wrestler. It's always about what they need at a certain time, and arranging things like they can. It's the result of it that counts.

It's always accidental. At first you're protected, then less and less. Sure he can take a loss here, and there. Then people stop seeing him has a legit threat... Then they stop caring.

I can tell you that Owens smark love has died considerably after the universal title run already. You can see it easily online. He doesn't really have massive support like other indy stars. They did the worst with him cause they killed teh whole "breaking the glass ceiling" expectation. He was a champ, and it was lame cause of booking. So.. It's not like people will cheer for his push. The whole idea was to kill his smark reaction from the day he became a champ on raw.

So now he's not funny anymore, he loses, he has an horrible look... They did it. They killed the internet hype. Now he's just an employee they can use like they want.

In other words, they did exactly what I asked of them.

Lol awful camera work killed that finish

Graves was trying to build up that TJP knew how to escape.

He might just get out of it... oh

Guess it was too much.

Lmao.

And they fucking had a camera angle too.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Best match of the night

Bwhahaha lol Mojo walks in and Shane just says hold on let me finish turns his back on Mojo like he's not there and finishes talking about Corbin

Damn subdued Mojo is so much more tolerable than Hype Mojo.

Lol jesus christ Shane just completely shut down and talked over Renee to shake Mojo's hand.

This shit is so awkward

Shane is being a total dick to Renee lol.

Lol Lana just listing of nicknames and has to make up one for Tamina: Godzilla

Lol Shane is such a prick. Just talking down to Lana.

Here go Lana ramping up. This is some solid passion.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The most ravishing WWE superstar of all-time...?

nah

ReiGun

Shane really just had to reiterate that Lana doesn't deserve shit.

Slowly raising to the standard of asshole cohost once held by Daniel Bryan.

Lol Lana just listing of nicknames and has to make up one for Tamina: Godzilla

Lol Shane is such a prick. Just talking down to Lana.

Moments ago he was complimenting Corbin for assaulting two people. Manipulating somebody into a title match that he could say no to? Doesn't deserve it!

Also Lana's the worst. They're going to Jinder the Women's Championship.

Pikma's reaction when Lana came out

giphy.gif

Hex

Banned
It really looks like Owens had the flu or some shit out there.
He just looks rough even when he made it out to the ring. Just not himself.

ReiGun

I love how quickly they've turned the SD tag division around. They still need another credible heel team - hopefully the Fashion Files case leads to something good - but Breezango, The Usos, and New Day are all killing it.

Tall4Life

I love how quickly they've turned the SD tag division around. They still need another credible heel team - hopefully the Fashion Files case leads to something good - but Breezango, The Usos, and New Day are all killing it.
It's weird that they totally just gave up on it after heath and rhyno won, like they didn't even try anything much

They did a little with the usos heel turn but they kind of just let it be until late

Tagyhag

Breezango should definitely be the lead face team, they're fantastic, and Tyler Breeze can really wrestle.

American Alpha should be a no nonsense heel team, they're too vanilla to be a good face team.

The Usos should continue to be the lead heel team, they have been doing so damn well. They should also still fuck with AA every now and then since they have a history.

Rimfya

Banned
Uso's right now feel like attitude era "pumped up version of themselves"

How come they, New Day and select others can do this, where everyone else is force fed scripts?

ReiGun

It's weird that they totally just gave up on it after heath and rhyno won, like they didn't even try anything much

They did a little with the usos heel turn but they kind of just let it be until late
The plan was clearly for American Alpha to be top face team, but then Heath and Rhyno got super over so they put the belts on them without really having a plan for them. So they got stuck in limbo because they weren't ready to give up on AA being top team, which was easily their biggest mistake because it trickled down and killed every team's heat. No one was given anything to do when that really didn't need to be the case, and I think part of that was feeling like they had to protect AA.

But I will be fair and say the division also had unforseen issues. Heath and Rhyno sailing past AA obviously came out of nowhere, but then you had Gotch's backstage stuff getting VV in trouble, Ryder's injury killing the Hype Bros just as they were starting to get a push, and the Wyatt stuff being rushed because of the aforementioned injury and needing to build to Wrestlemania.

Moving New Day and turning Breezango face were the best moves they could have made. It's allowed them to esstentially reboot the division. They gotta get AA, The Colons, and The Ascension more in the mix, but they have a good starting ground at least.

Breezango should definitely be the lead face team, they're fantastic, and Tyler Breeze can really wrestle.

American Alpha should be a no nonsense heel team, they're too vanilla to be a good face team.

The Usos should continue to be the lead heel team, they have been doing so damn well. They should also still fuck with AA every now and then since they have a history.
Breezango could be the 1B to New Day's 1A. New Day's merch sales mean they'll always be on top, but Breeze and Fandango are proving they're every bit as talented. They need to get some Fashion Police merch on the shop ASAP.

A heel turn is probably the best thing you can do for AA at this point, I agree. I feel like both of them have potential and untapped charisma, but it might not lend itself well to being babyfaces at this point. Let them turn heel and really start to find their characters.

Uso's right now feel like attitude era "pumped up version of themselves"

How come they, New Day and select others can do this, where everyone else is force fed scripts?

They've proven themselves and Vince likes them.

I also think Breezango is getting more freedom now. Would not be surprised to find out they have some say in the Fashion Files stuff.

ReiGun

Heh, not only is wrestling getting an older demographic, it's actually losing under 18's.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...5/Research-and-Ratings/Viewership-trends.aspx

It's just not attracting new fans.
It's interesting to see it's happening across all televised sports and not just WWE. The article notes the moment to digital platforms. I really think that despite their best efforts, WWE's social media and digital platforms really struggle with creating compelling content.

Hasney

It's interesting to see it's happening across all televised sports and not just WWE. The article notes the moment to digital platforms. I really think that despite their best efforts, WWE's social media and digital platforms really struggle with creating compelling content.

Yeah, the main odd thing is how much wrestling has shifted. Between 2000 and 2016, the median age has shifted from 28 to 54 so 26 years. NHL was second place in the years shifted, but only went up by 16.

They also lost the most percentage points of under 18's watching. It actually has a lower proportion than boxing now and for something that presents itself as a family show, that's got to be slightly worrying.

Rimfya

Banned
Im surprised WWE hasn't turned itself into a viral content factory. It's what all the late night shows have done.

The only time my non wrestling fan friends ever talk about WWE are spots like Braun flipping the ambulance. Stuff like that should happen 2-3 times a week.

Hasney

Im surprised WWE hasn't turned itself into a viral content factory. It's what all the late night shows have done.

The only time my non wrestling fan friends ever talk about WWE are spots like Braun flipping the ambulance. Stuff like that should happen 2-3 times a week.

I honestly don't know if Great Balls of Fire is a joke intended ot go viral or not at this point.

DBsXJ4WXYAAmmua.jpg

thats-a-penis.gif

GOAT
Naito 'Tanahashi says he'll fix the belt with his bare hands if he has to if he wins? Really? For real? Film it, put that footage on world'

'Why am I smashing this? Really, if we have the new US title, we don't need this.

'And nobody's stopping me. Liger maybe. Fans sending death threats but no wrestlers doing anything.'

Top Bottom