• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Big Dog Evie > Big Dog Roman.

FakeExaltedJaguarundi-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

stardom2.21-6.gif

giphy.gif

EDIT:
Remember when Ziggler inexplicably got superman booking at that one Survivor Series and then later it came out that it was intended for Roman but he got injured before the match?

My favorite part is how in the end it didn't matter and was the last time I gave a shit about anything Ziggler does.

^ I COME FROM MONEY!
ef that theme

I'm pretty sure that The Big Dog could've saved Sasuke in 2 manga chapters instead of the 3-4 years it took Naruto. Same deal with Freiza, Gold or regular.
So I'm now imagining the whole Valley of the end clash being Sasuke's Chidori smashed the fuck down by a superman punch and then The Big Dog drags his ass back to the village.
Reigns face immediately carved in the cliffface via superman punch, balee dat.

I like Lana's theme. It's cheesy but it's super catchy.

CFO$ make some good themes but I hate how it's like they make a minute and a half of actual music and then just repeat it over and over again.

Indeed.
CFO$ is arguably being smart when you consider than no entrance should really take long enough for a theme to still be producing new content after 5 minutes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The stupid thing about that one survivor series was that the match was at the height of the Authority angle, and they brought out the crooked ref, and had a 3 count coming, but then the ref inexplicably stopped counting because Sting's music played and despite the fact he was walking 1 mph towards the ring and Rollins still had Ziggler covered.

That Authority Every Week angle was so fucking putrid. Seeing HHH around was obnoxious and Steph was pulling double duty burying everyone for no real reason. It doesn't work then the heels are heels just to be evil.

somedevil

I like Lana's theme. It's cheesy but it's super catchy.

CFO$ make some good themes but I hate how it's like they make a minute and a half of actual music and then just repeat it over and over again.

Lana's theme is stuck in my head. The crowd actually knew it was her when the sax started. CFO$ has basically made a lot of big themes since they took over.

Also, shouldn't be narrative that itami is injury prone be over now? Tried to listen to the worst podcast review of nxt and they keep bringing it up during his match.

We all know about the shoulder injury but the one after was not his fault but a botch by his opponent and he has been back for 3 months now.

shaowebb

When your gimmick is that you can put on an incredible match with anyone and make every match look like a herculean back and forth struggle for dominance won out by skill you are a hard man to get tired of.

Dude EARNED that rep and gimmick too. Its legit and not some stage thing and thats why he's redhot fire where ever he goes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It happens to any female wrestler that shows even a remote interest in anything related to "nerd culture".

People turned on Sasha, but for reasons entirely unrelated to her being a dweeb

When your gimmick is that you can put on an incredible match with anyone and make every match look like a herculean back and forth struggle for dominance won out by skill you are a hard man to get tired of.

Dude EARNED that rep and gimmick too. Its legit and not some stage thing and thats why he's redhot fire where ever he goes.

I mean, sure being able to carry Shane McMahon to the best match at WrestleMania is a pretty solid fucking gimmick.

klonere

Banned
Yeah AJ would have to put on several stinkers in a row for people to start getting the knives out.

Or he could blurt out something really "southern" on twitter or social media.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Joe promo with Heyman was creepy as shit.

shame it will lead to absolute nothing.

Angry Grimace

Yeah AJ would have to put on several stinkers in a row for people to start getting the knives out.

Or he could blurt out something really "southern" on twitter or social media.

I remember last year when he was feuding with Ziggler over something and then Corbin's music hits he says off-mic but you could read his lips "oh is that your boyfriend?"

I was surprised nobody noticed it.

shaowebb

Neat thing is that AJ doesn't go super stale. He can wrestle any sort of wrestling type. Tag, battle royale, lucha, strong, technician, high flyer, submission...he also has incredible crowd sense. If he sees a crowd popping for one type of action over another he flips his pace to one of those other types of wrestling styles and starts appealing to them to win them back into the match.

Guy can play to crowds and his ring partners strengths almost like second nature. Hell he directs loose wrestlers to hit him with shit to make them look better out there and to push them both more. Thats probably the biggest thing he can do...lead others into being better out there. Look at how good he made Roman look in a match out there. By the time Roman was swinging AJ into the ringpost and barricade folks were goin nuts. Guy knew how to sell both Roman's character and the style differences between them. "I'm gonna go for something flashy Roman. Catch me and swing me left and right into shit. You'll look like a damn titan." Worked the story of that match to a T.

shaowebb

AJ can also talk.

A lot of the others can't.

True. He's got a hick accent and somehow made certain that he never ended up Double-J out there. Kept himself his own thing and kept it entertaining. Hell I'm impressed by how he saves Elsworth from crippling himself out there. He's had enough guys botch taking his move by now that he's even able to send his move hard for the finish while still holding back enough to control it in case his partner blows the positioning without the crowd spotting him holding back anything. Thats not an easy one to scout your partner and cover for. Most dudes would either get gunshy and send that thing so light it'd look stupid and have no impact or just drop the move. AJ just learns to control it more.

Can't wait for WrassleGAF to go on about her being a fake gamer girl when she hits the main roster.

That'd be weird since her video game nerding pretty well established. If UUDD/Xavier is still around when she makes it to the main roster I imagine she'll be a fixture on it if they're on the same show, never mind her own Twitch streams.

This reminded me, after I left the movie house I went over to Walmart and as I was leaving I saw a woman wearing a shirt that had "P1" written on it, for a moment I thought it was an AJ shirt and the first wrasslin' I'd seen an adult wear in public outside of wrasslin' in over a decade but then saw it was for something else.

Top Bottom