• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Because you can't be in the title picture and not be buried
Rey-Mysterio-Photograph-C12233391.jpeg

RAW_1094_Photo_140.jpg

If Brodus tries to insinuate at all during his YouShoot that WWE was holding him back, just play the clip of him running at Adrian Neville with the belt.

Brodus was given a decent push, but he was never even average in the ring and that will only get you to a certain point these days.

somedevil

How many times must we have the discussion about the term "buried"?

Bray is a chump now. Months ago people thought he'd be the next Undertaker.

Cause people use that term wrong all the time that's why. Is he not on tv, is he losing to a bull, is he being squashed by guys in 3 minute matches? When that happens I will say he is buried.

Tell how he is a chump other than he lost a feud to Cena. Also, how is he the next Undertaker when they are completely different with the only similarity is he lost to the Cena of that time called Hogan.

PInk Tape

Banned
I went on WWE's YouTube to check it out but didn't see it in the clip they have. I did see Bray getting buried even in a win though. Dude beat Bryan clean a couple months ago but can only get a win against Ambrose via distraction.

Fuck. I just.. I don't understand what the thought process was for that to be the finish, if there was any. It's frustrating to see a guy who fought in one of my favorite matches of the year now get this shitty booking and have this awful Cena feud.

Bray needed a good, decisive win against Bryan to be legit. Bryan's looked legit against basically anyone for a while and could have contended for a world title at any point, but Bray didn't before that match. That match put him into the tier that could contend against Cena. There was a ton of hope that he'd come out of this Cena feud looking like a monster. And

It probably didn't help that they never brought up the win over Bryan ever again. Which, I understand why.

Cause people use that term wrong all the time that's why. Is he not on tv, is he losing to a bull, is he being squashed by guys in 3 minute matches? When that happens I will say he is buried.

Tell how he is a chump other than he lost a feud to Cena. Also, how is he the next Undertaker when they are completely different with the only similarity is he lost to the Cena of that time called Hogan.

Buried is not a term, it's part of an equation, you take the potential of the performer divide it by how they're used and then multiply it by Cena to get the result. In Bray's case the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster buried, although to an admittedly low degree. Above all else though people use the term "buried" to draw the ire of people who are sensitive to the term.

As for how Bray is a chump, I refer you to the last few months of WWE television. People thought he could be the next Undertaker in an evil intimidating monster way, that's gone now. There may be hope yet though. I suggest he head out to Death Valley on a motorcycle with only enough gas to make it halfway through the desert. If he survives he might just be able to salvage his career.

somedevil

Buried is not a term, it's part of an equation, you take the potential of the performer divide it by how they're used and then multiply it by Cena to get the result. In Bray's case the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster buried, although to an admittedly low degree. Above all else though people use the term "buried" to draw the ire of people who are sensitive to the term.

As for how Bray is a chump, I refer you to the last few months of WWE television. People thought he could be the next Undertaker in an evil intimidating monster way, that's gone now. There may be hope yet though. I suggest he head out to Death Valley on a motorcycle with only enough gas to make it halfway through the desert. If he survives he might just be able to salvage his career.

Your problem right there is Bray was never going to be an intimidating monster anyway. That type of character is dead in this day in wrestling. In NXT he was booked that way and got face reactions.

His promos and entrance has put him into the cool heel category. He says the town name in his entrance by doing that he can never be intimidating. People like him because he has a cool character and the only face he can face that he can get him an over 50 percent heel reaction is Bryan.

Its just the old heel vs face is different now with faces with no depth and people who considers face anyone who can entertain them and puts on good matches.

Sblargh

Banned
Bray needed a good, decisive win against Bryan to be legit. Bryan's looked legit against basically anyone for a while and could have contended for a world title at any point, but Bray didn't before that match. That match put him into the tier that could contend against Cena. There was a ton of hope that he'd come out of this Cena feud looking like a monster. And

It probably didn't help that they never brought up the win over Bryan ever again. Which, I understand why.

The "top guy should be superman" mentality probably prevented them from bringing up Bryan's loss when they pulled the trigger on getting him the belts. Which is stupid. To me any match that is a good back and forth match where both guys could win is a positive; Bray got out of there better tha Bryan, but both came out of that match stronger.

They could have that on the bag."You won the titles, but you lost to me once and now I can beat you again" is a good storyline. More so because Bray is insane, so the title match could come out of nowhere.

But then again, they prevent Bryan from looking weak after one loss in a hard fought battle against someone who was seen as a monster at the time before he got the belts; only to be destroyed by Kane on a weekly base after being champion. "I don't understand why" is the reason why WrassleGAF is revolting against monday night RAW. Nobody understand why WWE does the thing they do, not even WWE and the result is just a boring mess that manages to be worse than fan fiction.

One of the biggest reactions Bryan ever got was when he didn't appear in a match after he had lost earlier in the night. Losing a match doesn't make you a piece of shit.

Ultratech

Has there ever been a Russian that didn't look like he could murder you in at least 8 ways?

Some druggies mostly.

They were too busy being stoned to think about crap like that.

Missing most of the flesh from their arms also doesn't make them much of a threat.

Your problem right there is Bray was never going to be an intimidating monster anyway. That type of character is dead in this day in wrestling. In NXT he was booked that way and got face reactions.

His promos and entrance has put him into the cool heel category. He says the town name in his entrance by doing that he can never be intimidating. People like him because he has a cool character and the only face he can face that he can get him an over 50 percent heel reaction is Bryan.

Its just the old heel vs face is different now with faces with no depth and people who considers face anyone who can entertain them and puts on good matches.

When I think "cool heel" I don't think of a guy who struggles to beat people even with the help of two other guys and uses a a singing child to distract someone.

Sblargh

Banned
Google says to me the undertaker turned face on 1992, but his character allowed him to feud with anybody.

Bray is the same to me. People can cheer him or boo him, it doesn't matter, he can pick any target, his character allows him to play mind games on anyone. Or it did before Cena no-sold every aspect of the character.

dream

omg Alex Riley and Booker pushing the WWE online store 20% off with free shipping promotion wow

I know this company is in financial ruins but wow that was so bad

somedevil

When I think "cool heel" I don't think of a guy who struggles to beat people even with the help of two other guys and uses a a singing child to distract someone.

I'll give your the child thing. The smackdown match was different. During that match there was dueling chants with kids chanting Ambrose which is weird in a way. Also, he dominated that match and then Dean got his finish on him out of nowhere and was taking time to pin him. Ambrose saw Rollins and lost the chance to attempt the pin. It then leads to Ambrose vs Rollins at the pay per view.

DMczaf

omg Alex Riley and Booker pushing the WWE online store 20% off with free shipping promotion wow

I know this company is in financial ruins but wow that was so bad

We are all doing our part, dream. Everyone has to make sacrifices this summer, including WrassleGAF. It's going to be a tough road, but Vince will get us through it.

Unfortunately, that means we are making roster cuts here as well.

I figure if I don't resub to the Network, that'll cover about half the cost of the G1.

6 WWE PPVs and Network access for 6 months, or 12 iPPVs of the biggest wrestling tournament of the year?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
12 shows full of indy flippy shit or 6 months of John Cena climbing his way to the top.

Quality trumps quantity every single time.

dream

I suspect you are not the only Network subscribers who is thinking about spending your $60 on more enjoyable and worthwhile things, Bootaaay.

KissVibes

Banned
If I wasn't locked in for another six months already, I'd take G1. I like the WWE. I like the classic content on the network but there's so much bullshit in the WWE that I kinda don't wanna give them money.

Vylash

Time for another installment of the longest running weekly episodic show in history, it's time for WWE(TM) Monday Night Raw!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect you are not the only Network subscribers who is thinking about spending your $60 on more enjoyable and worthwhile things, Bootaaay.

The content's just not coming fast enough. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'll check back in a year or so and see if more of the old-school content I'm interested in is available.

12 shows full of indy flippy shit or 6 months of John Cena climbing his way to the top.

Shibata-san....angry!

1394374677423.gif

ghostmind

I figure if I don't resub to the Network, that'll cover about half the cost of the G1.

6 WWE PPVs and Network access for 6 months, or 12 iPPVs of the biggest wrestling tournament of the year?

I am faced with the same question. The only thing that gives me pause is NXT.

Top Bottom