• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

You'd love TBK. He was like the super hipster heel
TBKIN.gif

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against TBK.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kimbo is a case of the bad things MMA has done to pro wrestling. Guy coulda been huge in WWE. Had a fantastic look and even better name. Bad News Kimbo.

But instead he wanted to go do 'real' fighting

edit: NM, he's only 6'2. Fuck that shit.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hold the damn phone, friends. Rumor has it that none other than Kimbo Slice has just signed to Bellator MMA.

Could this mark the beginning of a TNA comeback? I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he invades the Impact Zone as a member of The Menagerie.
Shit, that might just get me to tune in for one episode!

Is TNA willing to do it for the ratings spike?

Heel

Imagine Kimbo jumping the guard rail in a wife beater and hitting Kurt Angle with dat two piece and a biscuit.

Dixie, make that call.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Haven't some MMA promotions toyed with three way shoot fights before? They'd be a mess to officiate and would be prone to collusion though.

The Brian Kendrick was one of the few wrestlers I just actively disliked, nuts to that guy.

Remember when Raw had a cool opening that would get you pumped up for the show?

WWE.com remembers: http://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-mashup-raw-goes-across-the-nation-with-todays-superstars-26399976

Do they do these things to highlight how much worse the openings tend to get over the years? granted Raw still isn't anywhere near the lows that SD endures opening wise, might as well open with a music box lullaby these days.

hoorah YTR VTR Vol.3 - CHAOS 5th Anniversary DVD acquired and a Bullet Club and the new Nakamura shirt too.

Should all be here at the end of the month.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me, yesterday night at sorta-Stro's urging, I watched Greg Valentine vs Piper at Starrcade 83. That was pretty good. Lotta blood.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shit TNAtion told me is good but made me want to blow my brains out

•ECIII
•The Menagerie

what are some others?

Obviously. That's totally different.

I still can't tell if our TNA contingent was really down with the Menagerie or not but once they stepped into the ring they really underwhelmed.

EC III though is pretty damn amusing most of the time and an ok wrestler. Him and Spud work well together.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm trying to fondly remember TNA and the things I liked, and it's kinda like late 90s WCW where it's not working. Like sure Daniels/AJ/Joe was a nice spotfest, but that's not the kind of wrestling I like.

I liked when Abyss wrestled AJ in the cage. I uhh..... I liked when Bully Ray first turned. I liked Kevin Nash in the X-Division. None of these are like 'amazing things I'll remember 10 years from now.' It's just the only stuff that left any kind of mark on me. 10 years from now, all I will remember is tazzjoinacesandeights.gif

Ithil

Is sescoops reliable or click-bait?

Shitty to hear if true. Hopefully one of the cuts is MoJo.

They do get some scoops, but they're far from go-to.
If there are going to be cuts in NXT, it's hard for us to know who because we're not privy to the goings on in the Performance Center. They'll cut people who are not good enough and more importantly not improving, or people who are stagnant and haven't shown any indication that they have upside.

So the main people on NXT, are probably all safe, look at the people who haven't debuted on TV or done anything of note.

That said, NXT contracts are low pay, so if they're looking to slash the budget they're not going to get many dollars out of there.

I'm trying to fondly remember TNA and the things I liked, and it's kinda like late 90s WCW where it's not working. Like sure Daniels/AJ/Joe was a nice spotfest, but that's not the kind of wrestling I like.

I liked when Abyss wrestled AJ in the cage. I uhh..... I liked when Bully Ray first turned. I liked Kevin Nash in the X-Division. None of these are like 'amazing things I'll remember 10 years from now.' It's just the only stuff that left any kind of mark on me. 10 years from now, all I will remember is tazzjoinacesandeights.gif

Don't forget titoortizdebutstosilenceandoverreactingmranderson.gif

strobogo

Banned
Lambada, did you pick Pride 33 for me because the between rounds music is the stock music WCW used for Thunder? Because it totally is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Abyss hitting AJ with the cage in the face is like my favorite TNA thing ever. And it was apparently TNA's too because they replayed it 3 times. As bad as West and Tenay's 'acting' can be, I think they're strong in the match just because they really help sell it. They're talking about that match and nothing else. Not using it as an excuse to make dumbass jokes or talk about what John Cena is doing tonight.

Do you guys think WWE will be in financial trouble in the coming years?
Do you think the Network will survive?

I do not understand how a streaming site costs so much money. Is it the archiving? Its not like they are running brand new self created shows everyday. Why dont they just have ads on the network. Before and after any programming you watch.

somedevil

I just don't understand why WWE wants to put Ric Flair with Miz when Ric overshadows everyone. He did the same when they wanted AJ to become Ric flair jr. The Miz right now is the poster boy of fakeness that the audience picks up easy now. Putting him with Flair won't benefit anyone.

Kick ass tag match on the first AJPW TV episode of 1985 - Tenryu and Matoshi Okuma vs Ishin Gundan of Choshu & Hamaguchi. Okuma is great, stiff as fuck and has just about three moves; chop, punch, headbutt. To be fair, he does every variation of a headbutt imaginable. At one point he trades headbutts with Hamaguchi (another tough wrestler known for his headbutts) and just headbutts him in the goddamn face. Choshu's being a dick throughout (as befits the leader of an invading promotion) and the crowd pops huge when Tenryu gets his hands on him. Hamaguchi gets busted open the hard way (headbutt) and Choshu goes crazy in the finishing stretch. Great match, goddamn.

The Brian Kendrick was great, really won me over after awhile. If the WWE gave a shit about their cruiserweight division and still hadn't retired the title he would have really made a name for himself.

Top Bottom