• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-

Uh-oh. We've had an Erik Watts sighting...

Toki767

Hmm...NXT is going to be getting a major budget cut soon? I wonder who's getting let go. I'm going to bet CJ Parker is one of them.

tumblr_inline_n79wfnKm591qhf2de.jpg

tumblr_n7a2a7XjJX1rpriqbo1_1280.png

As boring as Tiger Jeet Singh could be in the ring, I don't think I've seen a single wrestler scare the crap out of Japanese crowds quite as easily as him. He had whole sections of the crowd just scrambling to get away whenever he came near. Also, Gypsy Joe was pretty awful, like most early 'hardcorr' wrestlers. Although, a great example of a limited guy who managed to have a long-ass career, jumping from territory to territory.

Sblargh

Banned
You can keep your fancy screens, I can walk out of my house now and go watch the world cup
after one bus ride, plus train, plus subway and probably a batallion of the military police ready to shoot anyone who isn't a tourist

i found about Portugal's 4-0 loss on Facebook of all places. far more concerned about the spanish cunts from Madrid trying to take Oblak away from Benfica and Enzo imminent move to Valencia. now that's shit that keeps you up at night :(

did West Ham sign anyone yet, Boots?

Sblargh

Banned
Hmm...NXT is going to be getting a major budget cut soon? I wonder who's getting let go. I'm going to bet CJ Parker is one of them.

I don't remember one single match of his, just a lot of attempts at selling a horrible gimmick. And I generally like every gimmick ever.

gurudyne

I don't remember one single match of his, just a lot of attempts at horribly selling a gimmick.

FTFY. Annoying, preachy hippy heel is a decent gimmick. He sucked because he wasn't playing a hippy at the outset, he was dancing like a moron and had dreads.

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT employs between 80-100 wrestlers currently, about 25 or so which appear regularly on the show. If they are cutting people it's gonna be unknowns and maybe some guys that been in developmental too long without getting called up.

Mojo isn't going anywhere guys.

strobogo

Banned
NXT employs between 80-100 wrestlers currently, about 25 or so which appear regularly on the show. If they are cutting people it's gonna be unknowns and maybe some guys that been in developmental too long without getting called up.

Mojo isn't going anywhere guys.

That's what everyone thought about JTG. No one is safe. Not even JohnSinafuck.com

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kick ass tag match on the first AJPW TV episode of 1985 - Tenryu and Matoshi Okuma vs Ishin Gundan of Choshu & Hamaguchi. Okuma is great, stiff as fuck and has just about three moves; chop, punch, headbutt. To be fair, he does every variation of a headbutt imaginable. At one point he trades headbutts with Hamaguchi (another tough wrestler known for his headbutts) and just headbutts him in the goddamn face. Choshu's being a dick throughout (as befits the leader of an invading promotion) and the crowd pops huge when Tenryu gets his hands on him. Hamaguchi gets busted open the hard way (headbutt) and Choshu goes crazy in the finishing stretch. Great match, goddamn.

Bodes well for the ones I ordered. Excited as shit, but it'll take me a year to get through.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just saw Ambrose's rebound clothesline from Smackdown to Bray.

No hyperbole, that may be the worst rebound clothesline of all time.

I fucking hate the fake Pride announcer New Japan have been using this year. So annoying.

we give him 3 titles in one season and he leaves :(

well, we actually couldn't afford him.

Us either, I doubt you'll see us spend anywhere near 10 million on one player this transfer window. We're after left back Timothee Kolodziejczak, if the papers are to be believed, but Sam's probably wary of taking a gamble on the French leagues after Maiga was such a monumental flop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't remember anything about JTG's wrestling, and I know we joke about everyone in Bullet Club... But I actually think JTG would be a pretty decent 'oh wow' pick for them.

I just saw Ambrose's rebound clothesline from Smackdown to Bray.

No hyperbole, that may be the worst rebound clothesline of all time.

I went on WWE's YouTube to check it out but didn't see it in the clip they have. I did see Bray getting buried even in a win though. Dude beat Bryan clean a couple months ago but can only get a win against Ambrose via distraction.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret brings new meaning to the term dark humor.

Bret Hart's routine will never be as good as the one I imagine in my head. Like it's just him all excited and making these lame joke book quality jokes, and it's incredible because he's so into it.
I went on WWE's YouTube to check it out but didn't see it in the clip they have. I did see Bray getting buried even in a win though. Dude beat Bryan clean a couple months ago but can only get a win against Ambrose via distraction.

But the internets told me to stop whining and that Cena put him over big

somedevil

Bret brings new meaning to the term dark humor.

Bret Hart's routine will never be as good as the one I imagine in my head. Like it's just him all excited and making these lame joke book quality jokes, and it's incredible because he's so into it.

But the internets told me to stop whining and that Cena put him over big

I watched that match as well and he was not buried at all. Its just easy to use that term when its used wrong all time.

Also, he is so buried being in the title match.

I watched that match as well and he was not buried at all. Its just easy to use that term when its used wrong all time.

Also, he is so buried being in the title match.

How many times must we have the discussion about the term "buried"?

Bray is a chump now. Months ago people thought he'd be the next Undertaker.

DMczaf

If Brodus tries to insinuate at all during his YouShoot that WWE was holding him back, just play the clip of him running at Adrian Neville with the belt.

Top Bottom