• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like your posting style changed post Vince avatar. That's where the gimmick accusations come from. I used to think you weren't being completely genuine, but not anymore.

Are we being worked here, friends?

Wah! Wait, so now you think I AM being completely genuine, right? Because I ain't workin SHIT. Not a gimmick poster. Rafa thought I was too but we got through it. I went with Vince because of how hard I was pushing WrassleGAF.

Anyone going to the TNA tapings in NYC? I want to hear a fuck you dixie chant.

They'll probably get one anyway, no worries.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Where is Horse?

People tend to forget their alts when there's no reason to use em...

I still don't know who Horse was an alt for though. The truth is out there...

I do feel kinda at fault for encouraging it when I got my username changed though. We have a Ric Flair that doesn't post much.

Wah! Wait, so now you think I AM being completely genuine, right? Because I ain't workin SHIT. Not a gimmick poster. Rafa thought I was too but we got through it. I went with Vince because of how hard I was pushing WrassleGAF.

I thought you were genuine until you said you were. Now I'm keeping a watchful eye...

VinceMcMahon.jpg

XenoRaven

They'll probably get one anyway, no worries.
Yes, I believe you are the real deal.

For the record I never thought you were a "gimmick poster". I just thought you jumped in and out of character for fun.

I am not paying enough attention to WWE recently, and it seems everything is blowing up. Why is there a lack of money of a sudden? Why is there talk of strikes. It is pretty much Network not working out, or did everything just turn sour in recent weeks

Maybe it's the Power of June, maybe it's fatigue from lack of sleep, but maybe it's that I don't have time to watch Raw, SmackDown, or even Main Event or NXT on a regular basis (which spares me from wrestling burnout), I'm looking forward to the next two weekends' worth of wrasslin'.

We have the ROH iPPV and NJPW's Dominion this weekend, and then we have MITB 2014 the weekend after. We also get an Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks match and a Tyler Breeze vs. Kalisto match tonight on NXT.

I was spoiled on
Becky Lynch's
debut next week on NXT, and that has me pumped.

I do feel kinda at fault for encouraging it when I got my username changed though. We have a Ric Flair that doesn't post much.

He's busy managing the NXT Women's Champion/trying to sleep with Sasha Banks or Summer Rae. It's fine.

jmdajr

I am not paying enough attention to WWE recently, and it seems everything is blowing up. Why is there a lack of money of a sudden? Why is there talk of strikes. It is pretty much Network not working out, or did everything just turn sour in recent weeks

All went down hill when the stock plunged. Granted, the budget had no problems when the stock wasn't even that high. It's all a preemptive freakout really, preparing for the worst. But nothing has actually happened yet.

They're projected to lose $45-60 million this year, mostly because of the Network not being as successful as they hoped. Core business (attendance & ratings) is fine, so it's just short-term problems and stuff being cut to save some money right now. Next year they should be back on track with the international Network rollout and stuff.

Cost cutting, especially nickel-and-dime stuff like cutting out travel costs, inspires investor confidence because it makes it seem like the company is "serious" about creating profit, especially in the short term.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will say the username adjustment to myself has made my work threads more interesting because people visualize it.

All went down hill when the stock plunged. Granted, the budget had no problems when the stock wasn't even that high. It's all a preemptive freakout really, preparing for the worst. But nothing has actually happened yet.

They're projected to lose $45-60 million this year, mostly because of the Network not being as successful as they hoped. Core business (attendance & ratings) is fine, so it's just short-term problems and stuff being cut to save some money right now. Next year they should be back on track with the international Network rollout and stuff.

Thanks. There seems to be a good bit of panic at the company (enough for me to notice even though I am not paying full attention). Not that good of an image for the company to portray. WWE is in a decent position now in regards to current and upcoming on air talent. so I'd hate for everything to go wrong when it looks like a possible boon period might not be far away (if they play their cards right).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People tend to forget their alts when there's no reason to use em...

I still don't know who Horse was an alt for though. The truth is out there...

Uh huh, that's why you feel at fault. Has nothing to do with Outworld.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In best news, the final for Un Busca De Un Idolo is set! Cavernario vs Hechicero! Best match!

Should be fun as shit. Hechicero is so much goddamn fun to watch. And Cavernario is always a treat.

This many people

ratingsgif-2.gif

They would be happy to get that now. Just think we could have had Heyman running the company right now, but they didn't want to give him full control. Shit, we could have had Jarrett running the company and Bob Carter was even at his fucking house, but the deal fell through at the last second, because Bob demanded that Dixie stay on air as a character.

After listening to Alan4L's show about Brock Lesnar's first WWE run, I want the title to go on Brock now more than ever. Pay the man, and make him your champion. He, more than any other wrestler, has the credibility and charisma you want from your champion. Make Cesaro the gatekeeper, the guy contenders need to beat to even challenge Brock for the title, and let Cesaro handle the work.

Sblargh

Banned

How do you feel about Vince anyway? Also, how do you feel about people blaming Vince when things go wrong and praising lack of Vince when things go right?

jmdajr

Cancer thread has me down. People have gone through shit way worse than me. Still, tough to deal with. Life isn't the same after. Day in and out, pretty much try not to think of it.
Works most of the time luckily. Staying busy, whether work or fun, helps.

Cancer thread has me down. People have gone through shit way worse than me. Still, tough to deal with. Life isn't the same after. Day in and out, pretty much try not to think of it.
Works most of the time luckily. Staying busy, whether work or fun, helps.

Congrats on beating it though.

bjork

Fwiw, I wasn't digging at Sunny. He's good people. I don't mean that folks are gimmick posters, but I can't find the word I'm looking for. No stress, brahs.

Also lol TNA. Have 200 sides if they want, bad show is a bad show.

jmdajr

Congrats on beating it though.

Yeah. On one hand I think I didn't do much except lie there and get blasted by radiation.
But on the other at least I had the courage to start the process. Some people just stay in denial and do nothing. My quality of life now could be significantly worse if I had delayed action, or even dead. On a daily basis physically, I feel well. Normal.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah. He's one of those that looked late 30s in his early 20s so it looked like he never aged. Till now.

Now he looks like a pedo piece of shit. And a piece of shit.

BRONSON, come back. I want to tell you how I'm wrecking fools in 2K13 with the 1996 Bulls and most of the other teams changed to classic teams. I'm playing the 1990 Blazers right now. MJ vs Clyde. PEACE. COPY. OVER AND OUT.

They would be happy to get that now. Just think we could have had Heyman running the company right now, but they didn't want to give him full control. Shit, we could have had Jarrett running the company and Bob Carter was even at his fucking house, but the deal fell through at the last second, because Bob demanded that Dixie stay on air as a character.

Heyman would have been good for tv but around the same time he said that there was no long term business for TNA and that he would exhaust all the money matches within 7 years and they should close after that. I'm sure he didn't pitch like that but I wouldn't be thrilled to handover my company to someone who doesn't care about the long term.

I guess it wouldn't matter much though as it's hard to see them living past the next few years anyway.

Top Bottom