• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

jmdajr

Heyman would have been good for tv but around the same time he said that there was no long term business for TNA and that he would exhaust all the money matches within 7 years and they should close after that. I'm sure he didn't pitch like that but I wouldn't be thrilled to handover my company to someone who doesn't care about the long term.

I guess it wouldn't matter much though as it's hard to see them living past the next few years anyway.

I think he also said ECW never lost anywhere near the amount of money TNA did. Like not even close. It was all in the Steve Austin Podcast.

There's very little TNA can do with the roster available - even talented guys like Aries and Roode have been tainted by years of TNA idiocy. They're fucked, basically. Hurry up and exprire so another promotion can fill the vacuum.

Kaladin

There's very little TNA can do with the roster available - even talented guys like Aries and Roode have been tainted by years of TNA idiocy. They're fucked, basically. Hurry up and exprire so another promotion can fill the vacuum.

Austin Aries was their last chance to have a legit star I think, and they blew it big time.

strobogo

Banned

TNA has a roster full of Kofi Kingstons. It's some dire shit.

Heyman would have been good for tv but around the same time he said that there was no long term business for TNA and that he would exhaust all the money matches within 7 years and they should close after that. I'm sure he didn't pitch like that but I wouldn't be thrilled to handover my company to someone who doesn't care about the long term.

I guess it wouldn't matter much though as it's hard to see them living past the next few years anyway.

No, he thought he could turn the company successful. His end game was wanting to turn the company public within 5 years and get stock options. His big money feud the first year was going to be Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle.

I don't even feel like TNA has any money matches right now.

I mean, your main event consists of Eric Young and MVP.

WTF.

Pretty much, Tickets were $12 and I couldn't even be bothered to go to Slammiversary. The company is horrible right now. They need good road agents to put together good matches and give the matches that need time more time. Wasn't the ladder match from Slammiversary only 6-9 minutes? Why didn't this go 20 so they could put on an incredible match? Match layouts and fucked finishes have ruined the company to where no matches mean anything.

Heel

You brehs probably aren't trying to hear this, but Spike isn't going to drop programming that pulls in a million viewers a week to replace it with ROH, NJPW USA, or 5 Dollar Wrestling.

Kaladin

Why is Tommy Dreamer back in TNA and why is it important that he's having a confrontation with Dixie?

Dixie never got to relive this moment.

tumblr_medunuHFZd1rgefg8o1_400.gif

Why is Tommy Dreamer back in TNA and why is it important that he's having a confrontation with Dixie?

Dreamer is a road agent for the company again, which is bad, because I've heard he is horrible in the role. He called out Dixie on his house of hardcore indy show, because apparently she pulled Bully from the show. It's about as inside of an angle that you can get that noone that watches will know about. I assume he is going to bring some of the wrestlers from his promotion with him. I'll try to watch tonight, because atleast it's live. I try to catch the first show live then ignore the month of tapings.

strobogo

Banned
Dreamer is a road agent for the company again, which is bad, because I've heard he is horrible in the role. He called out Dixie on his house of hardcore indy show, because apparently she pulled Bully from the show. It's about as inside of an angle that you can get that noone that watches will know about. I assume he is going to bring some of the wrestlers from his promotion with him. I'll try to watch tonight, because atleast it's live. I try to catch the first show live then ignore the month of tapings.

iS7ClXrLibjNO.gif

Heel

Which wrestlers does Tommy Dreamer have exactly? I would tune in for an NWO-like invasion of 50+ year old wrestlers.

Vylash

Tonight's NXT matches:

-Sasha Banks vs Alexa Bliss

-Mojo Rawley vs Garrett Dylan

-Aiden English and Simon Gotch vs Travis Tyler and Angelo Dawkins

-Tyler Breeze vs Kalisto

-Sami Zayn and Tyson Kidd vs The Ascension

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sasha Banks, Tyler Breeze, and the Ascension. I'm tuning in to NXT tonight!

Which wrestlers does Tommy Dreamer have exactly? I would tune in for an NWO-like invasion of 50+ year old wrestlers.

Nasty Boys, Terry Funk, and Sandman were on their last show. I guess they could bring Eddie Kingston, Homicide, Chris Hero, and Carlito.

I don't even feel like TNA has any money matches right now.

I mean, your main event consists of Eric Young and MVP.

WTF.

They don't but its not the fault of the talent. Most people aren't shitting on Eric Young because he's a bad wrestler, there was just no real character progression to get him from comedy act to World Champion.

When you get to TNA you get given a character and a place on the card and they really don't change either. Guys get handed the belt but they almost never have a long term chase for it. Roode did but they stalled it. Storm had a chase for his second championship and grudge match but they changed plans 3 months from Bound for Glory. Aries had a ton of momentum but they never cemented his place in the company by allowing him to defend it.

TNA's largest problem is that they start something interesting with the younger guys but they keep falling back on ex-WWE talent. It makes all of their wrestlers look like c+ players when old dudes and midcarders are consistently booked to be of a higher caliber than them.

Jarrett's promotion could have a good chance of getting Spike, but the big question is why would Spike choose an unknown promotion vs one they've had a long standing relationship with? Jarrett's promotion does have some star power associated with it though with Toby Keither and the creator of the biggest loser tv show behind it.

Jarrett's promotion could have a good chance of getting Spike, but the big question is why would Spike choose an unknown promotion vs one they've had a long standing relationship with? Jarrett's promotion does have some star power associated with it though with Toby Keither and the creator of the biggest loser tv show behind it.

They can't because Jarrett can't talk to spike as part of his TNA exit deal .

Heel

Isn't the whole thing already based around a television deal with CMT?

Kaladin

Are we all pretty much in agreement that Spike TV's chances of renewing Impact Wrestling are slim to none and if they do renew it they are dumbasses?

Kaladin

On a second thought......with these numbers staying consistant even through being complete shit, Impact might be saved:

1/2/2014 1,128,000
1/9/2014 1,393,000
1/16/2014 Genesis Part 1 1,316,000
1/23/2014 Genesis Part 2 1,555,000
1/30/2014 1,449,000
2/6/2014 1,481,000
2/13/2014 1,421,000
2/20/2014 1,093,000
2/27/2014 1,060,000
3/6/2014 1,164,000
3/13/2014 1,209,000
3/20/2014 997,000
3/27/2014 1,156,000
4/3/2014 1,119,000
4/10/2014 1,415,000
4/17/2014 1,010,000
4/24/2014 1,088,000
5/1/2014 1,131,000
5/8/2014 1,055,000
5/15/2014 1,053,000
5/22/2014 1,070,000
5/29/2014 1,079,000
6/5/2014 993,000
6/12/2014 1,005,000

somedevil

TNA dies, Spike gets RoH; Bryan, Ambrose, Cesaro and Rollins jump ship.

Success?

lol, ROH doesn't pay that much. Those guys are getting pushes right now. Bryan isn't leaving WWE now that he is married and is making sweet merch money right now.

Also, Ambrose was from CZW and you listen to his interviews he hates the Indie scene right now. I be he would either go to Japan or retire rather than go back to the Indie scene.

Also, Dreamers promotion draws better house show attendance than TNA right now. I bet most Indie shows do that now. Plus its funny that Alvarez has been crapping on TNA since 2006 when Russo came back. Wonder why he finally took a break.

Heel

Are we all pretty much in agreement that Spike TV's chances of renewing Impact Wrestling are slim to none and if they do renew it they are dumbasses?

Nope. Spike will be willing to renew at a price that makes sense financially. Whether or not that price makes TNA a viable company remains to be seen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On a second thought......with these numbers staying consistant even through being complete shit, Impact might be saved:

Consistent in what way? Every month, save April, they've hit a new low.

Aiii

So not worth it
Latest rumors from Meltzer were that Spike was likely renewing, but that was several weeks ago and I haven't read anything about it since.

Top Bottom