• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Why the long face?

Payback seems bland, but i think the Chicago crowd will make it better. (Provided they don't get bored and chant CM Punk) Shield vs Evolution should be fun, and Sheamus and Cesaro will probably end up being good as well. Everything else, I'm not looking forward to that much but I enjoyed Extreme Rules, despite not being that interested in the card, so hopefully tonight's show ends up enjoyable as well.

You and I both know that these entitled jackasses will just chant CM Punk at EVERYTHING all night long.

6-8 minutes for Cesaro/Sheamus while the Daniel Bryan/Brie/Stephanie segment gets 20+. Sound about right?

I know this sounds like a long shot but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see DB wrestle tonight as a swerve. Like Steph could say "Alright Bryan, one last chance. Since you CAN'T DEFEND THE TITLE, hand it over and I won't fire your wife."

"Alright, I understand that Stephanie but.... Who says I can't defend it?"

Alucard

Banned
Chicago is going to boo the shit out of Cena winning, and the commentary team will call it like "And Bray's growing number of followers are angry! John Cena was able to overcome Bray, but who really won the war for the minds of the universe?!"

You and I both know that these entitled jackasses will just chant CM Punk at EVERYTHING all night long.

Punk really does need to come back just one more time so he can deliver his final pipebomb:

D4uGRYz.gif

Read Grant Morrison's run of Batman (started months ago, kind of forgot about it)

I've been wanting to do that for some time but it seems so daunting.

Waitta minute, you needed to GET hyped?

6f1cb8979dda77a1cd2087f00bfdd7830a42238dade1020f488820ef0f612ec9.jpg

Look at me referencing Austin Powers. Why am I not writing for RAW?

somedevil

6-8 minutes for Cesaro/Sheamus while the Daniel Bryan/Brie/Stephanie segment gets 20+. Sound about right?

Really? They are getting 15-20 minutes. 6-8 is for Rusev

I know this sounds like a long shot but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see DB wrestle tonight as a swerve. Like Steph could say "Alright Bryan, one last chance. Since you CAN'T DEFEND THE TITLE, hand it over and I won't fire your wife."

"Alright, I understand that Stephanie but.... Who says I can't defend it?"

If he wrestles tonight it would be a medical miracle. Better chance of Otunga coming back than that.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any must see NXT matches? After watching Takeover during the week, I went back and watched Arrival. The Cesaro/Zayn and Dallas/Neville matches were great.

strobogo

Banned
Cena/Bray will go 40 minutes, involve 3 new Family members getting laid out, the Usos, Little Jimmy, duct tape, an ambulance, an actual sheep, and Mojo.

So I'm watching Payback 2013. This has to be the dumbest opening promo I've ever seen. Ryback and Ziggler are featured in headline matches. I hope one day they get there again.

One of my first customers today had a kid with a Ryback shirt on. The kids haven't given up on him!

And he lost it to Curtis Axel! Difference indeed

This took place on father's day too, actually a pretty cool moment.

For some reason Miz is in this match. The Chicago crowd even popped for him during his comeback. This is a decent match though.

SmackDown seems so bad after watching TakeOver,didn't expect Breeze to perform so damn well.
It was one of the worst Smackdowns I've seen recently, and I think you're right that Takeover completely killed it. It felt so bland and emotionless. And this is considering they had a Last Man Standing main event, and it's the last show going into a PPV.

Things I feel like I need to do, but don't have to do, but feel the urge:

Watch last week's GoT episode
Watch the Agents of Shield finale
Read Grant Morrison's run of Batman (started months ago, kind of forgot about it)
Read the Infinity Gauntlet
Read Age of Ultron
Play Batman/X-Men/Spiderman DOS games (I tried, besides being really confused at how to get games started, they aren't fun)
Continue with Clash of the Champions. Somewhere in 1992.
Continue with early Raws. Right after WM 10. Planning on watching all Raws and PPVs in sequential order from here on.

Game of Thrones took a break last week, there was no new episode. Give up on the embarassing super hero malarkey and do push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups until the Payback Pay-Per-View starts, then switch over to Total Divas! to watch Bryan and Brie's wedding, then watch Game of Thrones, then watch Mad Men, then burn anything you own that is in anyway associated with super heroes or give it away to a child.

Bryan doing a match, while in neck braces, busting out submission maneuvers. it can be good.
It could be good, but I don't care enough to watch it live. The Storylines have all been very tedious, cheesy, and boring. Some of the Raw episodes end the same exact way. It's one of the reasons why I'm canceling the WWE Network as soon as my six month commitment ends.

strobogo

Banned
I was going to read some comics outside. But it is 89 without even a hint of a cloud or any kind of air flow whatsoever. Gross. Too hot for that shit.

I was going to read some comics outside. But it is 89 without even a hint of a cloud or any kind of air flow whatsoever. Gross. Too hot for that shit.

Right, it was the temperature that dissuaded you and not the fact that you're a grown man reading a comic book in public.

Sblargh

Banned
A friend is coming, so I'll watch wrestling with another person for the first time. The plan is to watch NXT Takeover so he can see what a good show is like before watching Payback. Lucklily this is how the live stream goes tonight.

That's your problem.

That's all of our problem.

Brody nailing Vader so hard with a chair that he branded him.

What are you watching?

This Ziggler/Del Rio match... damn. Crowd's chanting RVD during the match. It's always the cities that should know better. Anyways, this whole thing is such a shame. Sacrificing Ziggler for Del Rio or as some sort of punishment makes no sense any way you slice it.

That's all of our problem.

What are you watching?

This Ziggler/Del Rio match... damn. Crowd's chanting RVD during the match. It's always the cities that should know better. Anyways, this whole thing is such a shame. Sacrificing Ziggler for Del Rio or as some sort of punishment makes no sense any way you slice it.

Listing to the Steve Austin show with Vader

Top Bottom