• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

News/Rumors from Figure Four Weekly:

As of right now, Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar is NOT earmarked for SummerSlam even though it seems like a natural match to make. The original plan was for Cesaro to immediately cash in his Money in the Bank contract to win the title from Lesnar after the match, but obviously that's off the table for now.

There have been discussions about doing a one-time main roster show, probably a Raw, at the NXT Arena/Full Sail, but it wouldn't be until next year. There are certainly worse ideas, and they've dressed up the building so well as a miniaturized Raw/SmackDown that it doesn't look as "depressing" as many small venues can look to some people.

At least five of the seven Money in the Bank spots have been selected, and they should be filled on TV with qualifying matches. Cesaro is, as you'd expect, the favorite to win.

Payback was fully written by Tuesday with no changes to the script expected, though a previously unadvertised match should be added late. Shield-Evolution will, of course, get the most time (hopefully allowing them to avoid some of the negatives associated with elimination matches) with Cena-Wyatt getting plenty as well. Cena-Wyatt will also have a lot of gimmickry/shortcuts, which is no surprise after their previous PPV matches.

The atmosphere in this match as Del Rio goes after Ziggler is really something else. Has there been any other match in recent memory where you've been as concerned for a competitor? Imagine if Ziggler faced Lesnar.

Will people post her vast wrestling ability in two .gifs tonight?!

Oh no you didn't!

It's Wedgie Time!

iTcejukvyYQ3S.gif

Sblargh

Banned
I'm fine with either. Paige losing might inject some fire into her character and Alicia would be an entertaining insane champion. Paige will be able to have her reign filled with good wrestling matches when more girls of NXT start to come up.

Thanks for the spoilers, The Wesker. I was highly anticipating the Cena-Wyatt Last Man Standing match and wondering whether it'd be a knock-down-drag-out brawl or if Cena would use his ingenuity to surprise Wyatt and all of us with a super quick victory. But I guess the joy of not knowing isn't shared by everyone.

Mengetsu

Watching NXT Arrival and it just hit me. Where is Solomon Crowe? Didn't he have matches on NXT months ago? I wanna see him debut already.

"Cult of Personality" is the greatest entrance theme of all time, even if it's cheating because it's a "real" song. I've seen people wish he would go back to that Killswitch Engage song. Those people are idiots.

Mengetsu

"Cult of Personality" is the greatest entrance theme of all time, even if it's cheating because it's a "real" song. I've seen people wish he would go back to that Killswitch Engage song. Those people are idiots.
Im sorry but as cool as Cult is Even through the darkest days is still his best song even if it was a hand me down song that Randy used for a bit. The song fit his character and what he went through to get to the top. I'll always mark for that song.

It's a terrible song.

I remember I was replaying GTA:SA before V came out and it turned out that the shitty song was on the soundtrack and it played during those stupid drag races. Made them 10x worse than they already are.

Im sorry but as cool as Cult is Even through the darkest days is still his best song even if it was a hand me down song that Randy used for a bit. The song fit his character and what he went through to get to the top. I'll always mark for that song.

It's a terrible song.

I remember I was replaying GTA:SA before V came out and it turned out that the shitty song was on the soundtrack and it played during those stupid drag races. Made then 10x worse than they already are.

200.gif

DMczaf

I'm hearing word from sources that Payback is going to have several matches, with each match having an outcome.

This Punk/Jericho match is awkward. There's no drama at all, no reason to fight other than "Punk is from Chicago". Even the Chicago crowd isn't feeling it for first half.

Punk is great. I forget that sometimes because his fans overrate him to an insane degree. This match isn't even good but Punk does so many little things that make you love him. He's a completely realized character in the ring because it's just him, for the most part.

Punk is great. I forget that sometimes because his fans overrate him to an insane degree. This match isn't even good but Punk does so many little things that make you love him. He's a completely realized character in the ring because it's just him, for the most part.

This is what separates guys like Punk and Bryan from those that don't make it when they should. You never once feel they're playing someone they're not. They are wrestlers, they aren't playing wrestlers. Miz always feels like he's playing wrestler. Cena feels like he's playing wrestler too, but he's also really good at that.

Top Bottom