• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

WWE skillset =/= indie skillset. We all know Trish Stratus isn't anywhere close to the best womens wrestler of all time, but that's who the WWE audience considers to be the best. Being good in WWE has nothing to do with being good in where you were previously. It's basically like wiping yourself clean and starting all over.

Of course, otherwise Mistico wouldn't have botched his career, I just think people are quick to write wrestlers off these days, especially if they're indie darlings or internet fan favourites.

That's how you put new talent over. Trips knows what's up. The shield have been booked like the biggest bad asses for the last couple of months.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And she's done better than Alicia Fox even in WWE. Fox having a nice Northern Lights and a backbreaker does not make her Misawa.

Stop counting NXT as WWE. It's not. It's NXT. Alicia Fox won the title and held it longer than Paige has so far. It's just like people claim Natalya is this sloppy mess only a few months ago and yet she has two of the 'best matches' in the WWE's womens division. Paige using a submission finisher does not make her Chris Benoit.

Of course, otherwise Mistico wouldn't have botched his career, I just think people are quick to write wrestlers off these days, especially if they're indie darlings or internet fan favourites.

As they should be. Sorry, but it's not the 80s or 90s. Barely anyone in that WWE Universe audience gives a shit about what you did before. WWE is a controlled environment, you wrestle the way they tell you to wrestle to, it doesn't matter how many 5 star matches you have. All the 'omg this guy is amazing on the independents' guys are doing are pissing off WWE by acting like 'YOURE A FUCKING DUMBASS NOT SIGNING HIM.' I mean, ffs, Ricochet was the biggest sign of that. All the internet is doing is hurting these guys.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wrestling is more than just matches. Wrestling is promo's and wrestling is having a character too.

It's okay to only be passable at one of the three if you are good at the other two. alicia Fox might not be a ring technician, but she has a character now and that goes a long way to being a good wrestler.

i48X5grlsn6xt.gif

Yup. Thought this was hilarious.

Past

Good match. All three members of The Shield got put over huge. I was expecting this to be all about Reign, glad I was wrong.

charsace

That's how you put new talent over. Trips knows what's up. The shield have been booked like the biggest bad asses for the last couple of months.
Except for when they put over Punk who quit and put over Wyatt so that he looks strong to be fed to and literally buried by Cena.

VoxPop

Eh I was cool with them auto renewing my sub when I pressed cancel but these past 3 months are really making me hate them for it

This show definitely over-delivered. Bray-Cena was their best overall match yet, although it felt a bit like Sting-Hogan with a lot of that being due to guys who weren't in the match. Bray took that step shot like a champ though. Sheamus-Cesaro was a perfect opener and wound up being their best match yet. RVD-Barrett was okay, and a bit more memorable thanks to the missed elbow on the post. Torito-Hornswoggle was a laugh riot at times, and goofy bullshit for the wrong reasons at other times. Alicia-Paige was pretty decent, but it didn't hold a patch to the NXT women's title match on Thursday. The Shield-Evolution match wasn't exactly bad, but was...oddly crafted. The storyline should've been a tornado match again, but nope, it's regular rules...except for when it's a crazy brawl. This told a good story overall, but was a bit of a cluster. Great image with the Shield standing tall over HHH as the very end.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/wwe-payback-2014.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8aeg3qbwqapbff6d8nzvgl1unqmdiqpr

Ithil

Stop counting NXT as WWE. It's not. It's NXT. Alicia Fox won the title and held it longer than Paige has so far. It's just like people claim Natalya is this sloppy mess only a few months ago and yet she has two of the 'best matches' in the WWE's womens division. Paige using a submission finisher does not make her Chris Benoit.

What the fuck is this argument? Paige having good matches makes her better than Alicia Fox.

Fox was godawful back when she actually held the title. She's now passable but extremely limited.

That PPV was pretty lame, the strong opener and Cena's burying of Wyatt were the only things that really entertained me.
The Power of June was not harnessed, I'm not sure even such power is capable of turning things around for the product right now.

Top Bottom