• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This show has so much filler feuds that you could mute the whole thing and miss nothing at all.

Its a filler PPV so yeah.

I enjoyed most of it, but I guess partially due to zero expectations.

But please just fucking end Cena - Bray already. I feel bad for Bray, he deserves way better than this shit.

Ithil

75W0NgO.png

Slightly hurt by JBL (Vince) feeling the need to literally shout "LOOK AT THIS SYMBOL HERE AND WHAT IT REPRESENTS!".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What the fuck is this argument? Paige having good matches makes her better than Alicia Fox.

Fox was godawful back when she actually held the title. She's now passable but extremely limited.

And Paige has been godawful when shes held the title. Why the fuck are you counting the NXT title as the Divas t itle?

charsace

This show definitely over-delivered. Bray-Cena was their best overall match yet, although it felt a bit like Sting-Hogan with a lot of that being due to guys who weren't in the match. Bray took that step shot like a champ though. Sheamus-Cesaro was a perfect opener and wound up being their best match yet. RVD-Barrett was okay, and a bit more memorable thanks to the missed elbow on the post. Torito-Hornswoggle was a laugh riot at times, and goofy bullshit for the wrong reasons at other times. Alicia-Paige was pretty decent, but it didn't hold a patch to the NXT women's title match on Thursday. The Shield-Evolution match wasn't exactly bad, but was...oddly crafted. The storyline should've been a tornado match again, but nope, it's regular rules...except for when it's a crazy brawl. This told a good story overall, but was a bit of a cluster. Great image with the Shield standing tall over HHH as the very end.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/wwe-payback-2014.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8aeg3qbwqapbff6d8nzvgl1unqmdiqpr
I liked the hectic energy that the Shield/Evolution match had.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
From an entertainment point of view, I thought the matches (cept the divas one) were pretty decent. From a storyline/angle perspective, it was kinda bad. nothing of merit really happened. Cena beating the Wyatts doesn't bother me, the top face usually overcomes the bad guys at the end, and this has to be the end. Tired of that angle, and the Shield/Evolution rivalry, its time to move some things forward.

Ithil

And Paige has been godawful when shes held the title. Why the fuck are you counting the NXT title as the Divas t itle?

I don't even know what you're even trying to argue here. My argument is "Paige is a better wrestler than Alicia Fox".
Your argument appears to be "In these specific couple of weeks, Fox is more entertaining than Paige, therefore she is a better wrestler because only these particular weeks count for some reason".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What does Wyatt do next?
What does Shield do next?

Wyatt feuds with Cena
Shield feuds with Evolution
I don't even know what you're even trying to argue here. My argument is "Paige is a better wrestler than Alicia Fox".
Your argument appears to be "In these specific couple of weeks, Fox is more entertaining than Paige, therefore she is a better wrestler because only these particular weeks count for some reason".

Your argument is Paige is a better wrestler than Alicia Fox. Which is a null argument because WWE is worked. It doesn't matter how good of a wreslter you are. Alicia Fox has a gimmick. Alicia Fox has buzz. Alicia Fox is a better WWE wrestler than Paige. There's a reason Dean Malenko wasn't the face of WWE.

strobogo

Banned
I've thought Alicia has been better than anyone says since her time as Divas Champion when she was kicking heads off. She wrestles exactly the same as she did then.

Cesaro lost in the most perfect way possible - a manner that plays off the Swing being a bad thing, and thus giving Heyman a logical reason to ban the move until he turns face to bring it back.

Ithil

Wyatt feuds with Cena
Shield feuds with Evolution

Your argument is Paige is a better wrestler than Alicia Fox. Which is a null argument because WWE is worked. It doesn't matter how good of a wreslter you are. Alicia Fox has a gimmick. Alicia Fox has buzz. Alicia Fox is a better WWE wrestler than Paige. There's a reason Dean Malenko wasn't the face of WWE.

I give up. You're having some other argument with someone else, but replying to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chris Candido is a better wrestler than Hulk Hogan in the realm of WWE. Who cares that people change the channel when he is on, he can do technical moves! And wrestling is entirely about moves even though it's fake.

Ithil

Chris Candido is a better wrestler than Hulk Hogan in the realm of WWE. Who cares that people change the channel when he is on, he can do technical moves! And wrestling is entirely about moves even though it's fake.

See, he's now talking to himself.

Top Bottom