• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| MADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Shadowlink said:
Same! I'd be more hyped for this match than The Rock's match.

yep as much as i want to see the great one wrestle again its against that homeless power ranger john cena

punk vs austin would be absolutely epic and worth the ppv price

tralfazz

Nelo Ice said:
the great one responded to punks promo

If only this could go somewhere. It's clear that Punk just leapfrogged everyone currently, and is ready to be on a level with some of the icons..only none of them are around anymore.

Only can hope that this is the beginning of a new era as the possibility is there and ripe.

Nelo Ice

Banned
tralfazz said:
If only this could go somewhere. It's clear that Punk just leapfrogged everyone currently, and is ready to be on a level with some of the icons..only none of them are around anymore.

Only can hope that this is the beginning of a new era as the possibility is there and ripe.

well wwe has fucked up every good idea they've had but yeah we can only hope this time is the exception

I think my friends and I are actually going to order Money in the Bank.

I'm trying not to go nuts by thinking about all the cool stuff they could be doing storywise with a Punk win, because I have a feeling the end result is:
30190.jpg

Kurt said:
"CM Punk had classic promo last night. Good for Him. But if U ever say another word about Me again, Ur toast! If U don't believe Me, try Me!"

Dwayne said:
CM Punk: it's simple business - The Rock is the main event at Wrestlemania cause it draws more money in one night, then u will in lifetime.

I lost massive respect for both Angle and Rocky today, not because they're posting negative things about Punk, but because they somehow lack the ability to type the word "you". >:|

(...also because Angle has that facebook disease where you start writing about someone in the third person then switch over to first or second without missing a beat)

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
cenawinslol.jpeg

It's okay, because they're going to make it really really look like Cena will lose this time by having his opponent beat him up really badly for like 90% of the match! So it will be a total surprise when Cena suddenly gains the upper hand!

DMczaf

tralfazz said:
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6712903/punkd

Another good read on Simmons site. Had never heard of the MaskedMan before. Not as smarmy or pandering as most wrestling journos are.

Yeah, I hope he has him on the BS Report for some wrasslin podcasts.

Punk and Cena are natural adversaries because they're two sides of the same coin. Cena is a cartoon, loved by kids and hated by adults; Punk is the counterculture, darling of the insiders who sneer at Cena's mainstream. Punk has added a brilliant wrinkle to Austin's anti-establishment character: he can attack the evil empire and still come off as a bad guy.

So true. It's like the writers went out of their way to fuck this up. Instead we get the epic rivalry of ORTON VS CENA for 4 years, so epic that when they met in the Rumble this year the crowd went completely silent even though Orton and Cena did the "Oh shit, this is epic. Right crowd?!" faces.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GameplayWhore said:
I lost massive respect for both Angle and Rocky today, not because they're posting negative things about Punk, but because they somehow lack the ability to type the word "you". >:|

(...also because Angle has that facebook disease where you start writing about someone in the third person then switch over to first or second without missing a beat)
Its twitter world. They have to save letters to fit in 140

CB3 said:
Its twitter world. They have to save letters to fit in 140

Pfft, when I finally start using twitter, I'm going to pipe my posts through "gzip -fc" first so they're stream compressed. As it turns out, "�LN���0Cw�����!1��S��]Z��I'[��\qk6���w��_"^���##q/�uD�Y�����#1��`�����,�\jNjqE���w�æ1��aє�-釡������N�" is only 134 characters!

GameplayWhore said:
It's okay, because they're going to make it really really look like Cena will lose this time by having his opponent beat him up really badly for like 90% of the match! So it will be a total surprise when Cena suddenly gains the upper hand!
But over the limit's "I Quit" match already had Cena getting severely beaten for around 95% of the match, so a mere 90% wont cut the mustard, Cena can win in a single move, now that would be truly heroic.

Nocturnowl said:
But over the limit's "I Quit" match already had Cena getting severely beaten for around 95% of the match, so a mere 90% wont cut the mustard, Cena can win in a single move, now that would be truly heroic.

Maybe they can reform SES and have them team up with Nexus to hold Cena's limbs down during the match so his win will be even more shocking. I really think that if we make him more of an underdog during the match, then the fans will come over to his side, big time.

Also, give Punk
Del Rio
a gun. It would look for sure that Cena will lose that way.

tralfazz

NihonTiger90 said:
His Dead Wrestler of the Week posts for Deadspin are amazing reads. Here's the most recent one he did on Brian "Crush" Adams: http://deadspin.com/5814362/dead-wrestler-of-the-week-brian-crush-adams

After his first Grantland column, I read his Macho Man piece on his site. Really like his style. He goes over the basics, gives some baehind the scenes info, doesn't treat the reader like an idiot and manages to dissect the why and how things connect or don't. Not sure what the regularity of his postings will be but I'm always looking forward to his stuff.

DKehoe

radcliff said:
What about a screwjob finish but in Punk's favor? What if Cena hits the AA and Punk kicks out, or Cena puts Punk in STF and Punk refuses to tap? Essentially Punk will "deviate from the script" and refuse to lose. Then, Punk puts a legitamte looking submission on Cena out of nowhere who is then "forced" to tap? Punk then takes the title and runs out of the building while everyone in the ring looks around confused and not knowing what to do. Punk can cut a promo from home shown on Raw the next night saying that due to Vince's mishandling of him "Vince McMahon screwed Vince McMahon."
WCW did this sort of thing in its dying days. It's never a good idea. It's one thing to throw in a few "insider" terms but its another to just scream at the audience that everything else they just watched in that show is fake. Yes everyone knows its fake but by doing that sort of thing you kill any possibility of the audience having any form of suspension of disbelief and therefor the ability to care.

krae_man

UPDATE: As of Tuesday, June 28, WWE and CM Punk have reached an agreement that Punk will fulfill his non-televised live event obligations for the remainder of his contract, through July 17. Furthermore, both sides have mutually agreed not to disparage one another.

So he's still going to be on the international Tour I guess. WWE really doesn't like pissing off international fans.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nelo Ice said:
damn punks promo could really be the start of a new era but wwe will fuck this up somehow...

I foresee this angle ending with Undertaker's wife pinning Punk clean.

Apdiddy

Nelo Ice said:
the great one responded to punks promo

It would be nice if the Rock would remember that people only still cheer for him out of nostalgia for the Attitude era and that the fans are siding with him against Cena. The Rock's response to Punk's promo is almost Hogan-esque and petty. I guess Punk's comments must have stung a bit for the Rock.

Plus, to steal one of the Rock's catchphrase, IT DOESN'T MATTER who is in the main event at WrestleMania at this point. The show will sell itself.

Apdiddy said:
It would be nice if the Rock would remember that people only still cheer for him out of nostalgia for the Attitude era and that the fans are siding with him against Cena. The Rock's response to Punk's promo is almost Hogan-esque and petty. I guess Punk's comments must have stung a bit for the Rock.

Plus, to steal one of the Rock's catchphrase, IT DOESN'T MATTER who is in the main event at WrestleMania at this point. The show will sell itself.
Whoa, you got worked son.

I just realized that Punk is not only in the signature at the start of the show. He is in it on five separate occasions, more than any other wrestler.

That proves it's fake guys.

Thanks you, goodbye

tralfazz

Keyser Soze said:
I just realized Punk is in the signature at the start of the show...

That proves, it's fake guys.

Thanks you, goodbye

I thought that too but he means the one that starts in black and white before everything WWE.

RBH

Keyser Soze said:
I just realized that Punk is not only in the signature at the start of the show. He is in it on five separate occasions, more than any other wrestler.

That proves it's fake guys.

Thanks you, goodbye
It's a shameful thing.

tralfazz said:
I thought that too but he means the one that starts in black and white before everything WWE.

Oh right... and even Evan Bourne is in that. He has every right to be annoyed then.

This proves it is real.

Black Republican said:
kelly kelly was a hoe, why am i not surprised?
Probably because her original gimmick was an exhibitionist and this was the next logical step, kind of like life imitating art or something, well almost.

Orton's new gimmick should be "Orton: True WWE Stories," where he comes out to the ring and tells a awesome backstage story every week

More fourth wall breaking! All wreslers should learn a lesson from Deadpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom