• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| MADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdFoX187

Banned
zychi said:
I've come to learn that some people in this thread just hate on Cena to hate on him because he is the top of "sports entertainment" *cough* wrestling*cough*.

I'm not a big fan of his because of his lame wrestling skills, but he made his "stamp" on the WWE with his mic skills. Did you all forget "thuganomics?" If he does all of that off the top of his head. it's better then writing it down and repeating it verbatim, or via satelite with multiple takes, like Dwayne does.

It's the tinted glasses effect, Rock has some great stuff, but when you're limited by the pg era, and don't have a great class of wrestlers to rip on: Jericho(who out shined Rock in his first WWE appearance I might add), Austin(better mic guy imo, "What!" was STILL being used before he had his tough enough comeback), DX, an actual tag team division, the boss, the boss' family.

It's harder to come up with such witty things as, "do you smell what i'm cooking", "smackdown hotel", "LALALALALALALA"and making "jabroni" a relevant word when you have to appeal to kids, the FCC, Linda's political career and a lack of other mic workers in the business(Punk excluded)

Again, I'm not a Cena supporter, but it's funny how wrestling fans forget things 3 months after it happens, but continue to want a Morrison or a Cody Rhodes push, when the guys can't even speak on the mic.
Does anyone really hate on Cena just to hate on him? I know guys like you and remnant come in here and like to shit on discussion and call people out without backing up claims, but c'mon. There are several reasons people hate Cena the character: his limited moveset, his terrible promos, his lack of any ability to sell (which might be due in part to his superman character) and his god awful comebacks (also in part due to his superman character). Cena is DECENT on the mic, nothing great. He's nothing compared to The Rock, Austin, Jericho or Punk. He's outclassed against those guys. Has nothing to do with being pigeon-holed into PG. Just look at his manneurisms during his promos, he cannot be serious to save his life without turning into some angry red-faced Hulk spitting and looking even more ridiculous.

After reading through your post again, are you honestly wanting to base pushes and title runs on mic skills? Chris Benoit was one of the best and most entertaining wrestlers in the ring and couldn't talk to save his life. Shelton Benjamin could put on a show like no other, but couldn't talk worth a damn. I would rather a guy do a damn good job in the ring, ala Morrison (most of the time) than pull a Miz and talk decently on the mic, but can't work a 10 minute match. And I'm not even going to bother replying about Cody. Your opinion and all, but an ignorant one.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ok..this wwe thing on Bloomberg was the greatest news report on wwe everrrrrrrrrrrr

remnant

Banned
Striker said:
Rock used some dirty laundry, but it wasn't something he always relied on.
What? he called Steph a bitch every night for years.

Striker said:
Again, Cena's thug gimmick ended in 2005. People still use that as a landmark for his verbal success as if it means anything today. Whether or not he gets his stuff written or not, Orton says he does it on his own, but it's far from being top level work even in today's shows where most guys can't even act, let alone talk.
Cena's promo today aren't bad. They are just uninteresting because he is booked in a predictable manner. After a while you just don't care anymore, no matter how good the promo is.

Does anyone really hate on Cena just to hate on him? I know guys like you and remnant come in here and like to shit on discussion and call people out without backing up claims, but c'mon.
Still crying

JdFoX187

Banned
remnant said:
What? he called Steph a bitch every night for years.

Cena's promo today aren't bad. They are just uninteresting because he is booked in a predictable manner. After a while you just don't care anymore, no matter how good the promo is.

Still crying
You bitching about our bitching is really getting annoying. Why post in here if all you're going to do is call people out for complaining, but never justifying your position? Fucking troll.

My only problem is cena is that I am bored of him.

It's been 6 years and the only thing he has changed is the colour of his t shirt.

It's been the Same moves, same music, same promo over and over since 2005.

Wwe hasn't been stuck with one big name since hogan.

JdFoX187 said:
No. Only paranoid Cena fanboys think there's a big conspiracy against him.
Except I'm not a fanboi and I know there does not exist a conspiracy. You sounding like R-Truth brother. You seeing Little Jimmys everywhere.

Again, I call out Cena on no-sells. I comment when he does sell. I comment on boring promos, and and surprised when he does a interesting/good one. Let he who is with bias go shit in a bag.

remnant said:

Exactly, it doesn't matter how good of a talker a guy is if he's spouting the same predictable promos in the same formulaic style every night.

funkystudent said:
My only problem is cena is that I am bored of him.

It's been 6 years and the only to he has changed is the colour of his t shirt.

It's been the Same moves, same music, same promo over and over since 2005.

Wwe hasn't been stuck with one big name since hogan.
Now this, I can agree with.

I don't hate Cena. Nor can I even make fun of his "5 Moves of Doom" style since a lot of other wrestlers have a formulaic style to them.

He's just boring and predictable. Granted he does his strong man style well and the way he's booked may get people's panties in a knot, but I guess there's no replacing Cena as the WWE paperboy at the moment.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Frankman said:
Except I'm not a fanboi and I know there does not exist a conspiracy.

You sounding like R-Truth brother. You seeing Little Jimmys everywhere.
Haha...that actually made me laugh. But I doubt sensible wrestling fans hate Cena just to hate him. Smarks understand that he's somewhat pigeon holed, but he could do more with is character. He's just out there towing the company line and not bothering to do anything to help his character.

remnant

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
You bitching about our bitching is really getting annoying. Why post in here if all you're going to do is call people out for complaining, but never justifying your position? Fucking troll.
disagreeing=\=trolling.

There is not a single opinion I've stated that i haven't "justified". or is agreeing with someone that John Cena isn't horrible in everything considered trolling? I was adding to the discussion, not crying like you are right now.

Punk really did come one era too late. Programs with Austin and Rock would be incredible, especially Austin with the whole straightedge thing.

dream

I hate to interrupt your fighting over John Fucking Cena but here's more spam

Ring of Honor held a press conference at the WNUV studios in Baltimore to introduce new Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff, as well as formally announce the station lineup for its new television show.
Everyone was talking optimistic, particularly Jim Cornette, the Executive Vice President, who will oversee the wrestling and creative end of the company, about the attempt to market what has been a mainstream niche product, that has also been a consistent money loser, to a larger audience.
Cornette tried to emphasize that they will be presenting a different wrestling product, not old school wrestling, nor modern sports entertainment, but a fresh approach to tell stories of driven individuals. He tried to differentiate between the competition by saying they are not sports entertainment, but they want to present an entertaining sport.
Most of the top stars on the 6/26 iPPV were there, and they promoted that show, but the main thing was to officially announce the television debut on 9/24 in a number of mid-level markets.
Cary Silkin, who was the money man behind ROH during most of its existence, shortly after original owner Rob Feinstein was unable to afford the losses and had to bring in a partner. To Silkin’s credit, he kept the promotion alive, in particular after the HDNet deal which proved not to be big enough to turn the fortunes around.
This deal comes at a point that is a crossroads in the history of pro wrestling. Whatever one wants to think about the in-ring product, pro wrestling has never been built on great matches. It has been built on great personalities and the ability to create larger than life stars who can capture the imagination of the masses. For a number of reasons, the creation of new stars has never been more difficult. Even during the mid-90s, when wrestling’s popularity was lower than it is today, both WCW and WWF were able to create superstars, and even ECW was able to create superstars to a degree. Whether it’s a product that has moved too far from believability, or has over-angled itself into oblivion, or turns characters so quickly they’ve created an audience that no longer cares deeply about the product or follows the television closely is hard to say. But right now, the No. 2 promotion that has two hours of prime time, huge mainstream names, does numbers that would be considered disastrous for a company with its payroll. ROH doesn’t have the star power to compete for No. 2. Clearly, the sale to Sinclair Broadcasting does give them more financial backing and a synergy in promotions that they didn’t have in the past. Can syndicated wrestling without mainstream stars in mid-level markets on Saturday nights draw enough of an audience is question one. Can they also make that audience care enough to come? Even during the 80s, when Bill Watts’ Universal Wrestling Federation was producing some of the best television anywhere, and drawing real ratings in syndication, when they left their territory and tried to draw, they got nowhere. Even Jim Crockett Promotions struggled in drawing in some parts of the country when they were hot and during a period many fondly remember as glory days for the business. And eventually, they stopped drawing in all parts of the country for a variety of reasons, and this was with a roster loaded with future Hall of Famers and some of the biggest stars in history in their prime years.
Silkin said that he is happy with the sale because the company is finally put in a position to do what he wasn’t able to do, which is market it to the masses. He also said that the product itself is not going to change.
Of course, it will change and be tweaked, but Cornette and Gary Juster, who are going to be largely in charge, have a vision of pro wrestling as something that it once was. The problem isn’t the vision, but the reality of being No. 3 in a business that has never been kind to even No. 2, and in some cases, even No. 1. For all the talk of ECW in the 90s, which had a cult following because they presented a different product, ECW was never able to financially turn the corner. Now, if it was around today, and had a network paying millions of dollars per year in rights fees, would it be different? With Sinclair, would a few hundred thousand in losses be considered the cost of doing business if they can provide good ratings on Saturday nights, normally a death night, to its stations? But will people in a world with endless major sports on television, as well as a multitude of MMA (which may be competition to aspects of the vision here as far as presenting lesser known names but with the idea of building real competition for title belts and trying to tell stories), two major WWE shows per week that present main event matches and TNA leave a large enough audience with enough time to follow a new product? And how big can the product be without television in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Houston, Toronto and many of the other major media markets in North America? Plus, without those markets, there isn’t going to be the level of advertising income that can make a difference.
At the same time, can PPV on the Internet grow enough to be significant? And if that’s the case, how long will that turnover take. And even if it does, does that mean ROH will be swept to the top in a giant wave, or like with PPV, will that just mean riches for the biggest events, and will secondary events flounder like they did with television PPV?
And local syndication is a different animal than in the 80s when the power of a local station is nothing compared to a generation before with the onset of cable, plus the concept of taping weeks in advance, particularly for a product that at this point its primary audience is the type that is Internet savvy and into immediacy is another question.
Still, the old system they were running under was not working. Anyone who thinks this move is bad for business, well, at worst, it’s an added lease on life to a business that was running out of time. At best, it’s saving a business that was not going to last much longer in its prior incarnation.
The company was working on signing all of its talent to long-term deals to start focusing on who they will have a lot of guaranteed time with and can start pushing on television. Sinclair, like any media property owner, wants the talent under contract and not to push someone on its television, only to have them leave for a television show on a rival station.
Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin were announced as having signed with the promotion, which were the two key names because there was always the chance TNA could pick them up because they are major league talents and Kurt Angle had pushed for them, plus Benjamin had received a tryout match with WWE a few months back. From the iPPV, it looked like Haas & Benjamin vs. Mark & Jay Briscoe was going to be the main tag team program once television begins.
Of the key talent, the only ones who hadn’t signed new deals based on what we were told going into the show day of were Homicide, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Rhino and Christopher Daniels. Homicide surprisingly beat Rhino on the iPPV, but then did an injury angle after. He signed with the Urban Wrestling Federation to be there top guy and got guaranteed money, which meant he couldn’t sign here. TNA wanted him for Destination X but his UWF contract may have precluded that from happening since Homicide was not on TV for TNA at the recent tapings, unless he did a backstage vignette. At one point he was expected on this week’s TV. I can’t imagine the UWF having done any business at all for its PPV, and they spent money on tapings and on advertising (including on ESPN Sports Center). If UWF doesn’t last, I could see him being back. We were told Homicide suffered a cracked rib, but he may work the next show in New York for ROH, but after that, he wouldn’t be back unless something happens with UWF. His UWF contract is believed to be through January. Hero & Castagnoli reportedly have received a WWE developmental offer. They had not signed the deal as of the weekend, but the belief was they were leaning toward going, which would be a fairly significant loss because of their ability to have good matches with various different style opponents. Rhino is not under contract right now but looked good enough that it’s expected he’ll be used going forward and they do want all the key guys under contract. Daniels, who dropped the TV title to El Generico, worked his last ROH match at least for the time being. He is under contract to ROH but wasn’t going to sign a renewal since he’s back with TNA. There was a lot of unhappiness regarding Daniels working in TNA as himself because they had an agreement he would only work in TNA under a mask as Suicide, but TNA blatantly ignored the agreement. The feeling is TNA felt, and as it turned out it was so, that ROH wouldn’t want to spend money in a legal battle, plus TNA felt that ROH would want access to TNA talent in the future and thus they weren’t going to make a fuss over it. It is possible Homicide would work again for ROH, but most likely the iPPV would be his last iPPV event.
Right now the plan is to do one more iPPV, although the date and place wasn’t announced, in the fall, before the television really kicks in. But the plan right now is two more iPPVs, this year, one in the fall, and Final Battle in December.
At the press conference, Sinclair Broadcasting announced the station lineup and time slots for the show: Baltimore (WNUV, Saturday 10 p.m., Sunday midnight); Birmingham (WABM, Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday 11 p.m.), Buffalo (WNYO Saturday 9 p.m.); Cedar Rapids (KFXW Saturday 11:30 p.m.; KGAN Saturday 3:30 a.m.); Champaign, IL (WICS Saturdays at midnight); Charleston, SC (WMMP Saturday 10 p.m.; WTAT Sunday 1 p.m.); Charleston, WV (WVAH Sunday 11 p.m.; WCHS, Sunday 1:30 a.m.); Cincinnati/Columbus, OH (WTTE Sunday midnight); Dayton (WRGT Sunday 10:30 p.m. and Sunday 3 a.m.); Des Moines (KDSM Saturday 2 a.m., Sunday 11 p.m.); Flint (WSMH, Sunday 11 p.m.; Greensboro (WMYV Saturday 8 p.m. and midnight); Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville, SC (WMYA Saturday 10 p.m., WLOS Saturday 1:30 a.m.); Las Vegas (KVCW Saturday 10 p.m. and 1 a.m.); Lexington (WDKY Sunday Midnight); Madison, WI (WMSN Saturday 12:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.); Milwaukee (WVTV Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday midnight); Minneapolis/St. Paul (WUCW (Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday 1 a.m.); Mobile (WFGX, Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday midnight); Nashville (WUXP, Saturday 10 p.m., Sunday 1 a.m.); Norfolk (WTVZ, Saturday 10 p.m., Sunday 1 a.m.); Oklahoma City (KOCB Saturday 9 p.m. and 2 a.m.); Paducah (WDKA Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday 2 a.m.); Peoria (WYZZ Saturday 3 a.m., Sunday 11 p.m.); Pittsburgh (WPMY Saturday 10 p.m., Sunday midnight); Portland, ME (WGME, Saturday 1 a.m.); Raleigh (WRDC, Saturday 10 p.m., Sunday midnight); Richmond, VA (WFLH, Sunday 11:30 p.m.); Rochester, NY (WUHF, Sunday 1:30 a.m.); San Antonio (WMYS Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday 1 a.m.); St. Louis (WDNL, Saturday 1:30 a.m.); Syracuse (WNYS, Saturday 10 p.m., Sunday 1 a.m.);, Tallahassee (WYWC, Saturday 1 a.m.); Tampa (WTTA Saturday 9 p.m., Sunday 9 p.m.).
An interesting note is that while syndication is going back to a different era, during that era wrestling was often airing in weekend afternoon time slots, and for the most part that isn’t the case here. The Saturday prime time slot is most frequent. In most cases, I think a post-midnight time slot is useless. You can draw your super hardcore fans with it, and with DVRs you can work around bad time slots. But the key to television is to attract new fans, and you aren’t going to do that in bad time slots.

The one thing the 6/26 ROH iPPV showed is that losing HDNet didn’t hurt business at all.
The “Best In the World” show, built around Davey Richards, in what he said would be his last challenge ever for the ROH title, against longtime American Wolves tag team partner Eddie Edwards, sold out the Hammerstein Ballroom with just over 2,500 fans, and did 2,100 iPPV orders, a company record. This was done even though the company lost its television in early April. The New York sellout wasn’t a surprise, as ROH for big shows at the Hammerstein has drawn well in the past, with or without television. When ROH lost HDNet, company officials said that there was no indication to them that any of their core business was really aided much by being on TV, and there had been no decline in house show attendance either.

WWE got a mixed bag of results from May when it comes to PPV, with the Extreme Rules show being one of the company’s worst producing PPVs in history, but Over the Limit three weeks later rebounded in surprising fashion, although in both cases the shows were carried by buys outside North America.
The most significant news of all is that in May, for the first time in history, PPVs outside of the core domestic region (United States, Canada and Puerto Rico) fell below 50% of the total (largely due to the UFC 129 show, the Toronto show with Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch absolutely killing domestic PPV for Extreme Rules the next day). For the month, the two shows were at 49.7% domestic and 50.3% overseas. Where that is significant is that for WrestleMania, the split was 59.2% domestic and 40.8% overseas.
Preliminary indications for Extreme Rules were 138,000 worldwide buys and 65,000 domestic buys. The latter would be the lowest total for a WWE show since the mid-80s when only a tiny percentage of homes could even get PPV. It actually did worse on a domestic basis, and in the same ballpark on a worldwide basis, with last year’s Bragging Rights show which combined a bad gimmick with coming one day after the stronger Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez show.
Extreme Rules, from 5/1 in Tampa, headlined by John Cena winning the WWE title in a three-way over champion The Miz and third wheel John Morrison, Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio in a ladder match for the World title, Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs. Michael Cole & Jack Swagger in a country whipping match and Randy Orton vs. C.M. Punk in a last man standing match. From a domestic standpoint, it fell 38% from the Extreme Rules show in 2010, so using the crutch of it being the first show after Mania so it wasn’t going to do well is true, but the fall was far greater than usual.
The drop isn’t all UFC related, because the 2010 Extreme Rules show was probably stronger, with Cena vs. Batista in a last man standing match, Chris Jericho vs. Edge in a cage match for the World title and Orton vs. Swagger in an extreme rules match. The big two matches at that time felt like hotter programs than anything on this year’s show.
The good news is that Over the Limit rebounded well, doing an estimated 220,000 worldwide buys and 113,000 domestic. The worldwide buys were slightly up from the 218,000 for the 2010 show, although domestically it was down 7%, from 121,000, but right now a 7% year-to-year drop almost has to be considered a success.
This year’s show on 5/22 from Seattle had Cena vs. Miz for the title in an I Quit match, Orton vs. Christian for the World title and Lawler vs. Cole. Perhaps as important as anything is there had been no UFC event on PPV since the Toronto show. If there is something on the show, I’d think it was the I Quit match. Lawler vs. Cole wasn’t even as hot as it was three weeks earlier and maybe I’m wrong on Christian vs. Orton, as they did have the best match with the most reaction, but in the build up I sensed Cena vs. Miz as a blow off was the strongest thing. But one thing positive is that either Miz or Christian, who had really never established themselves as draws, were in the top two matches and while 109,000 buys domestically is really not that good, it also isn’t that terrible. In fact, worldwide, Over the Limit shockingly beat the Elimination Chamber and I don’t think anyone would have predicted that happening.
The comparison show from last year was Cena vs. Batista in an I Quit match, Swagger vs. Big Show in a World title match, Edge vs. Orton and Hart Dynasty keeping the tag titles against Jericho & Miz (boy does that result feel strange a year later). Another factor last year is May 2010 was a killer of a month on PPV with Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Shane Mosley, Lyoto Machida vs. Shogun Rua (which had Kimbo Slice on the undercard) and Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans (one of the biggest UFC grudge matches and arguably the biggest non-title match ever). While none were the same weekend and this year’s May had Pacquiao vs. Mosley, UFC for May last year had an average and a monster show while this year they had one show, which was a weak marquee show where the entire main event fell out.

Raw on 6/27 did a 3.14 rating and 4.95 million viewers even with Shawn Michaels. It was still No. 1 on cable for the night. No. 2 was the NCIS rerun in the former Tough Enough time slot which did 3.79 million viewers, way more than Tough Enough was getting. It was 35% women, the highest percentage of women viewers in a long time.
In the segment-by-segment, the show opened at a 3.25 for Shawn Michaels in the ring and C.M. Punk, Michael McGillicutty and David Otunga. Punk vs. Kane lost 495,000 viewers which is terrible. Sin Cara vs. Evan Bourne gained 451,000 viewers. That’s unusually large growth for a non top of the hour or overrun segment. Notably teenage boys jumped 15% to see this match. This is the first evidence I’ve seen of Sin Cara as a genuine TV draw. Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 278,000 viewers. Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show in a cage match with the Mark Henry run-in gained 471,000 viewers to a 3.34 quarter, which ended up as the highest point of the show. Kelly Kelly vs. Nikki Bella in the submission match, and the backstage stuff with Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Michaels, Drew McIntyre and Diamond Dallas Page lost 388,000 viewers. That’s usually a bad segment. The Miz & Jack Swagger vs. Rey Mysterio & Alex Riley in a tornado match gained 33,000 viewers. The overrun with the John Cena vs. R-Truth tables match gained 314,000 viewers to a 3.31 quarter.
Smackdown on 6/24 did a 1.72 rating and 2.40 million viewers. That’s the lowest number of viewers in a while. It should be noted that historically Smackdown ratings traditionally decline in the summer, whereas Raw’s numbers usually stay pretty steady in the summer and decline in the fall due to football.
Impact on 6/23 did a 1.17 rating and 1.69 million viewers. The show did a 0.72 in Males 18-34 and 1.08 in Males 35-49, which is at usual levels.’
In the segment-by-segment, Bully Ray vs. Scott Steiner gained 130,000 viewers. Velvet Sky & Miss Tessmacher vs. ODB & Jackie lost 116,000 viewers. Some backstage interviews with Tara and Madison Rayne and Beer Money gained 43,000 viewers. Crimson & Matt Morgan vs. Beer Money gained 72,000 viewers and were the high point of the show at 1.23. A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels in-ring lost 130,000 viewers. The three way with Zema Ion (Shiima Xion) vs. Dakota Darsow vs. Federico Palacious and Winter vs. Mickie James street fight lost 14,000 viewers and did the show-low 1.13. Sting vs. Abyss gained 44,000 viewers and did a 1.16 main event.

Hulk Hogan announced on twitter that the deal is done and TNA would be starting to do arena tapings in August, but then had to back off that statement, saying an announcement would be made this week and the new schedule would be tested out. This is the same plan they had for March and were waiting for Spike to kick in more money since TNA itself wasn’t going to spend what we were told was a significant increase in money to do tapings on the road even though virtually everyone agreed they needed to do them. Internal reports are that this is all dependent on Spike, and their willingness to fund the added expense since TNA doesn’t feel it can add to spending right now for something like this. The plan is for tapings in Orlando on Mondays and Tuesdays after PPV shows. The tapings between PPV shows will be done with two shows being taped on the same night. In the past, the idea was to tape on a Friday, six days before the airing of the first show of the set of tapings, giving them time to edit and figuring it’s easier to draw on a Friday or Saturday than any other night. My feeling is this is probably one of the best moves they can make, because the Fayetteville tapings in February made the company look so much more major league than the Orlando shows do. The Impact Zone has its positives and I like it as a base, but the more tapings they can do in other locations, the more major league the product comes across. I always thought they should have taped in the U.K. when they went there and drew good crowds, or done a taping in Mexico in conjunction with AAA just because the crowd reactions in Mexico are so great.

Linda Bollea was on “the Today Show” with Matt Lauer promoting her new book and talked about being abused to Hulk, positioning herself as standing up and hoping it would enable other women to talk about the abuse they would have received from their husbands. She said she was afraid of his violent outbursts, saying he tore her shirt, he threw lamps, he held her down on the bed with his hands around her neck, he was pounding walls, “In was always afraid he would kill me in one of his rages” and then claimed that he never showed remorse for her actions. Hogan responded “No comment” when NBC asked him about it. Later, he went on Bubba the Love Sponge and said he would only talk to Bubba, saying the stories weren’t true, denied any rampant drug abuse and said this was just her trying to put herself back in the spotlight and promote her book.
Linda then went on Piers Morgan’s talk show on CNN. She said Hogan had a girlfriend before the divorce and she felt left out and a loser. She blamed Hulk for Nick’s accident saying Hulk never should have let Nick drive, nor should he have let the other boys drive the other car since they were out waterskiing and partying all day. She portrayed herself as a normal housewife and mother going through a bad time. She said John Graziano was now at home and cared for by his mother. She said she had suicidal thoughts of jumping off a bridge but said she didn’t want to kill herself, but really didn’t want to live either. She said her life was so bad, noting that her dog was run over in the driveway during this period. She brought up Hogan dating Brooke’s best friend, Kristi Ann (this was before Hulk’s current wife Jennifer McDowell). I think Kristi Ann was 31, so it wasn’t like she was Brooke’s age or the age of Linda’s boyfriend who is a year younger than Brooke. When asked if Charley Hill, her current boyfriend (he’s now 23, she’s now 52), was like a young Hulk, she agreed. She said she didn’t start dating him until nine months after they were divorced and said Hulk doesn’t talk to her at all because of her dating Hill and their only communication is through lawyers. She said she’s happy now and wasn’t happy in her marriage. Morgan said they got a statement from Hogan who said that Linda’s belief that he cheated on her was like a hole way down the hull of a ship, and that no matter what he said or tried to do to patch it up, the water would keep breaking through. He told CNN, “As far as I am concerned, until our marriage was almost completely over, I never cheated on Linda."

JdFoX187 said:
Haha...that actually made me laugh. But I doubt sensible wrestling fans hate Cena just to hate him. Smarks understand that he's somewhat pigeon holed, but he could do more with is character. He's just out there towing the company line and not bothering to do anything to help his character.
Your fallacy is assuming most wrestling fans are sensible. Get that out of your head and we can continue this.

dream

Seriously, stop bickering over John Cena.

More on Matt Hardy. It’s not one specific thing that got him suspended but the accumulation of a number of things. It appears the deal where he tasered girlfriend Reby Sky in the arm and put it on a youtube video may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. He realized it because of the negative reaction to it and immediately took it down. The description on Hardy is that he’s been one of those guys who is either the most wonderful employee to work with and the kind of guy who is great for the company in front of people a lot of the time, which makes it more noticeable those times, which are also frequent, when that is not the case. There’s no word as far as when he’ll be back but it’s expected to be for several weeks. As far as getting over, he’s always among the most over performers at the house shows, but on television, he’s really become just another guy and In don’t think people even notice so much he hasn’t been around the past few shows. Hardy then dug his hole even deeper by tweeting: “If you asked for a refund in Fort Wayne cuz In wasn’t there, tweet me your story and In will RT it. And In thank you from the bottom of my heart.” He also wrote, “In thank those peeps who stood up for me. In haven’t done anything wrong.” Then Hardy re-tweeted from Wisconsin promoter Dave Herro, “Fans were not plzd when announced u wouldn’t be there. A group of 30 asked for refund immediately. They gave them free merch.” That sound suspicious because even when a main eventer isn’t there and you have a crowd of thousands, you rarely get 30 people asking for a refund. TNA did less than 1,000 paid at every house show this weekend, and Hardy was not the featured tar on any of the shows.
Abyss then responded to this by saying, “Our roster of talent is the best and brings everything they have to the ring every night and our Impact live events give the fans a lot for their money. No refunds required or requested. Thanks for being great fans no matter who’s on the show. You guys are the best.” Yes, your monster heel is doing this on twitter.
As for Jeff Hardy, the promotion wants him to go to rehab and as of right now he hasn’t done so.

Ric Flair paid Highspots the $35,000 he owed them and the 300 signed autographed photos. Flair had until the middle of this coming week to do so or he would have been put in jail for contempt of court. In think that also means no book based on the depositions. Flair hasn’t been used on television of late since the storyline is Sting, Bischoff and Hogan at the top and Flair isn’t written into anything right now.

The top matches for Destination X on 7/10 are now RVD vs. Jerry Lynn, A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe vs. Kazarian (the feeling is the two will have a great match because they are friends), Austin Aries vs. Zema Ion (formerly Shiima Xion) vs. Jack Evans vs. Low Ki in a four-way X Division match for a contract, Abyss vs. Brian Kendrick for the X title and an Ultimate X match with Alex Shelley, Robbie E, Shannon Moore and Amazing Red.
The fact Red is in the match and not Sangriento, and that Sangriento wasn’t even used at the last TVs leading to an X division PPV, where one would think a new high flying character would be a big part of, makes it pretty clear they’ve given up on the character. Not sure of the reason. His debut match wasn’t particularly good, but his second TV match was very good. It could be that much of the live audience and the Internet audience knew he was Red and not from Tijuana and the idea was to bring in a Mexican high flyer like WWE did with Sin Cara.

Kurt Angle, when talking about going for the Olympics in the Daily Star, claimed that he’s not wrestling so much anymore (it seems to me he’s wrestling about the same number of dates because he’s doing a lot of house show main events, especially with Jeff Hardy gone) so he has time to train for the Olympics. One would think if he was serious about the Olympics that he’d be spending a lot of time in Colorado Springs where all the major Olympic hopefuls live and train. He said he wanted to do MMA (every MMA company years ago made an offer for him and many negotiated, thought they had him in almost every case, and when it was all said and done, none believed he really wanted to fight). His new version of the UFC story is “In felt Dana wanted me too fast. In wanted six months of training and he offered me four-and-a-half -weeks. The money was incredible and In was excited that Dana wanted me and thought we were going to make a lot of money together.” Angle claimed he was offered a fight with Kimbo Slice. That timing doesn’t seem to work out because the one time talks were serious was late 2006 and Slice wasn’t in UFC at that time. Dana White said he hasn’t talked with Angle for years. “The Olympics are on my own terms. It brings out my competitiveness, which In wanted to do in MMA, and it’s something I’m very good at–freestyle wrestling.” But he said, “the odds are stacked against me, but I’m older and wiser. In trained or ten hours a day and only took one day off a month. In can’t do that anymore.” He also said the Impact TV show is going to have more finishes and less DQ’s.

Jeff Jarrett did an interview with New York writer Josh Stewart and claimed TNA has been profitable for years. He described his relationship with Kurt Angle as a healthy business relationship and an even better family situation. He said in the past “It’s been as real as it could possibly be. There’s been some very, very uncomfortable moments for not just Jeff, Kurt and Karen, but for everyone involved. But at the end of the day, you have to keep on, keeping on. Have there been some tense moments? Will there probably be more? Absolutely, but that’s life.” When asked the question if they took it too far given using the children in the angle, he said, “I’m answering for myself, certainly not for Kurt, but In don’t believe so. My family has been in this business for three generations, all the way back to the 1940s (Eddie Marlin, who is Jerry Jarrett’s father-in-law, started wrestling in 1949 because In remember they used to remark how he started the year Jerry Lawler was born). So I’ve been around and seen all sorts of situations. I was the son of a professional wrestler, and the grandson of a legendary promoter in professional wrestling. So In feel like I’m a pretty good judge. In will put my parenting skill and decision making (up with anybody’s). Do In make all the right decisions? Absolutely not. But In don’t think we went out of bounds at all.” Regarding pro wrestlers in both major companies doing anti-bullying messages, he was asked how can wrestling do it when storylines almost always involve heels being bullies: “It’s a fine line. Fair enough question. Actually, great question. It’s definitely a fine line that you have to walk as a professional wrestling organization. But the message at heart is not hard to promote. I’ve spoken at several schools over the last year. In know Matt Morgan has done his fair share, and others have done their fair share. And when you get in there, and you look at a child face-to-face, and you make that connection, that’s where the campaign really takes place. And In believe, and I’ve always said this, as a global organization we can have campaign, but at the end of the day, if adults are depending on athletes or actors or people who have never had one-on-one contact with their child, In believe they’re sort of missing the boat and passing the buck.” .

Sting was featured in a straight-to-DVD Christian movie release called “The Encounter” that just came out. Regarding his new joker character, my feeling is it’s pretty compelling, in the sense it’s new, and puts a fresh coat of paint on his character and he still has the big star power. The difference is that the old Sting, even with the strong promos, has been around for years, worked with everyone and is really a nostalgia act from the 90s, and here we are in 2011. This new character to me makes Sting not feel so old, and he can still headline. Right now In sense it’s working and he’s coming off as the biggest star in the company. It would still be better to push younger guys in that position but the guys they have in their mind like Matt Morgan aren’t ready and may never be accepted at the Sting level no matter what the push. This is really where the destruction of jobs in the industry is a killer. The indies in the U.S., and the places you can gain experience in overseas, don’t care about size, and very few people are getting the experience at talking and to be a top guy, you have to be able to talk. And unfortunately, a guy like Jay Lethal who could work and was put in situations involving talking and some of his scenarios were awesome, for whatever reason, they never saw past a certain level. And with his size, I’m not sure they were wrong. In think the idea of Morgan as the savior because he’s so big is misguided today. The audience isn’t into the big guy think like the 80s, or even the 90s. The top guy does have to have enough physical credibility and so many of the guys are lacking. Bobby Roode has really become a favorite of mine because he’s such a good worker, and a good talker, but he also has to overcome the hardest thing in the world, which is having been pushed at a level below the top forever. Then again, that’s not all that different from Bret Hart, and Bret Hart was 34 when he first beat Curt Hennig for the IC title. They were both very good workers in excellent tag teams, and Roode actually showed more as a talker. Hart was the better worker of the two at the same stage, and he had more charisma than Roode, but people forget that going with Hart and Michaels on top after both had been in the middle for years was very risky and didn’t work immediately, but now they are considered among the biggest names in history. Still, for this year, building something with Sting and Hogan for Bound for Glory where Hogan abandons Bischoff and turns face (or at least spends months teasing it and the one good thing is no matter where they go with it, this storyline isn’t going to peak until October) may be their best bet to do PPV business, but they also need to abandon the “sprint” as opposed to “marathon” philosophy. Given that mentality, Vince would have kept Hogan as champion until 2006 and never had the late 90s boom period.

Regarding the match with Jeff Hardy, he said things with Hardy started to deteriorate 45 minutes before the match was to take place. Probably worse for him to say that, because that means they had 45 minutes to come up with something, or anything, and didn’t.
He said he was contacted by WWE (this happened shortly after the Internet stuff where people were reading into the Undertaker vignettes that it was Sting, the first conversation was more of a feeling out deal since there was so much outside talk at that point). He said that he was very close to going there and thought if he did it would have ended up with Undertaker.

Brooke Adams (Miss Tessmacher) was in the Hooter’s annual national swimsuit competition on 6/26 in Miami. She failed to place in the top ten.

Michaels, Bret Hart and Jim Ross were all in Stamford, CT, this past week working on a DVD that will be released later this year. The DVD largely has Michaels and Hart talking about their interactions from the days they were friends working the midcard and outshining most of the headliners in the ring, so their days as headliners and rivals. Getting the two to give their sides of the Montreal screw job is obviously the catalyst of the project, but the idea is to make that just one part of it as opposed to dwell on it. The taping was said to be very emotional. As noted, the Michaels and Hart burying the hatchet storyline on the January 4, 2010, episode of Raw, was both storyline and reality. From all accounts, and I know from the Hart side for sure, that the animosity that obviously was there for a long time is gone and the two keep in contact and are friends now. Ross was the moderator between the two even though it was a week after his stomach surgery. He noted that DVD would not solely focus on the Survivor Series in 1997, but a significant amount of time was spent talking about the event and the months leading to the event. The two were sitting together across from Ross, who provided the questions, and it reportedly got emotional at times during a shoot that lasted in excess of four hours, and will be edited into a DVD. It talks about both men’s early careers as tag team wrestlers and matches with the Hart Foundation vs. Rockers, as well as each man becoming singles stars and eventually legends in the industry. The DVD is scheduled to be released in October, and they are hoping for it to be a big seller over Christmas. This could be the start of similar themed DVDs with legends who were major rivals, although the ones that would likely have the most interest, like Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes or Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior or Randy Savage, that stood the test of time right now aren’t politically possible. Michaels vs. Chris Jericho has been discussed, but given this was with Michaels, you wouldn’t even want to do it with Jericho for a while.

Not that you’d expect differently, but Michaels, on the Wrestlingnewslive web site doing an interview, when asked about WWE or a return, said, “I really don’t watch much right now and I do that purposely. I’ll tune in every now and then and I’ll tune in for a little bit, then see something I don’t care for and I go away. The reason I do that is because if I watch and I see something I don’t like and I turn away, I know that I’m not ready to come back and look at it objectively yet. I think there will be a time when I’d like to come back and help contribute in the back if needed, but to do that, I feel like I need to have a real washed, clean, objective, constructive point of view and for me personally, it feels like while I was working, I did not watch that much as I always felt I was too close to it to be objective.” He also noted that in the last eight years of his career, wherey due to tenure and just understanding presentation, as well as wrestling being bigger, he was bigger than in the 90s, why during that period when everyone and their brother got multiple title reigns, he only held a world title for one month in 2002. He said he didn’t disagree about almost never winning the title because he felt the title should be a full-time commitment and he never wanted to make that commitment on his second run. He noted he was always taking time off after Mania, never working a regular house show schedule. “I think the guy who does that (holds the title) needs to be the workhorse and I no way wanted to be that."

Batista on twitter said he would not return to WWE as long as it’s still a PG promotion. He’s been very outspoken that he doesn’t like the current direction, thinking it doesn’t allow him to do the kind of wrestling he wants to do. He also said he was now in talks with Bellator. Considering he couldn’t come to money terms on PPV points with Strikeforce, I don’t see that a promotion without a viable PPV business is going to be able to afford him. I suppose if Bellator gets on Spike and they need something to garner attention, Batista may make sense at that point.

Chavo Guerrero (Salvador Guerrero IV, 40), asked for and got his release on 6/24. Guerrero, according to those in the company, had been frustrated by his lack of push for a long time. He wrote on twitter, “Yes, it’s true. My release is the big news I was talking about. But let’s get something straight. I asked for my release. I was just tired of not being used correctly. Just cuz u can make other ppl look good, doesn’t mean they should just have u lose to them. The same thing happened to Eddie. After being champ, they still had him working mid card status. Being a Guerrero, we’ve been taught since diapers to get the most out of ppl and matches. It’s out gift, but also our curse. WWE has always used us to make other ppl look good. It all comes down to being happy. I was not happy in WWE anymore. I had a smile on my face last night though when I got my release thought now it’s time for me to start being a Guerrero again, and start kicking ass again, be able to tell stories in the ring like u now we can, win or lose I will never go back to the place WWE put me in. I will never go back to being underutilized and watching ppl who suck get bigger pushes than me. Thank u to all of u who stuck by me and kept reminding me I was better than that. Stay tuned, big things coming! Now I will really be able to entertain u, like me or hate me, 1 thing I have always tried to do is entertain u and give you fans your $ worth. Even if my hands were tied most of the time, I love u all and can’t wait for the future.” Guerrero took brunt of criticism for the match with Sin Cara at the Over the Limit PPV on 5/22 having some botched spots. He hadn’t been used well in years, with his most memorable program being with Hornswoggle, which was a career killer of a program that would have been very difficult to come back from. In his case, they didn’t try. He had been the pro for Darren Young on the current season of NXT, who is still alive, so one would have thought the company would have asked him to at least stay until the end of the season. That kind of tells you what they think of NXT that they didn’t at least have him work Tuesdays until the season ended. He had been openly complaining for a long time about the company bringing in green, inexperienced wrestlers who worked cheap and had good bodies and given them a push while experienced guys who were good workers weren’t getting anything. Then they put him in with Sin Cara on PPV and the feeling was after all the complaining he’d done for so long in the dressing room, when they gave him his shot, he had a bad match. When Guerrero’s last contract was coming due a few years back, there were rumors he would head to TNA, which was looking to market toward Hispanics. But he didn’t make the move at the time. His uncle, Hector, is a Spanish language announcer for TNA and his joining the Mexican America group, would make sense, but it’s been a long time since I’ve heard his name mentioned in regard to TNA, as all this was long before Eric Bischoff was with the company. Bischoff used to be high on Chavo Guerrero, as in 2001, I can recall Bischoff wanting to rebuild the cruiserweight division with Guerrero as one of the top stars, but ten years is a couple of lifetime’s ago in this business. This leaves agent Arn Anderson, Talent Relation’s John Laurinaitis, referee Charles Robinson and announcer Booker T as the only remnants from the sale of WCW. And Booker had a stint in TNA between WWE runs.

One insider noted the Guerrero quitting is bigger news than you would think, noting Batista, Jericho, MVP, Matt Hardy and Guerrero all asked to be released or let their contracts expire, and Punk is the next one scheduled to do so. There are a handful of others who have been talking about doing so. Guerrero leaving caught a lot of the talent off guard and several were praising him for his guts to walk away. It’s also noted that a lot of the talent is not happy, doesn’t like doesn’t like how they were being used (that’s inherent in any company because there are always going to be bottom guys) and are only there because a full-time wrestler can make a good living, and with some breaks, an excellent living.

HHH told Sin Cara that if he was having any problems to come to him, and if there was anyone he wanted to work with to also come to him. He told him not to listen to anyone’s advice when it comes to American wrestling but his.

WWE was doing a consumer satisfaction survey on people who ordered the WrestleMania 27 travel package. They were mostly trying to gather socio-economic data of the people who order those packages. Questions involved where people lived, their salary, their occupation, as well as where they spent money in Atlanta over Mania weekend. Two notable questions were, “Would you be interested in a second WWE PPV a year that also incorporated a week-long series of events?” They only wanted “Yes” or “No” answers to that question. But it would indicate to me they are considering doing more activities in conjunction with SummerSlam if they believe enough people were willing to travel to make it worth while. Even though Rumble is the No. 2 show, it’s too close to Mania to get people to come from all over the world nine weeks apart, plus it’s traveling in the winter months. SummerSlam and Los Angeles as a permanent site has the downside of being limited to using an arena (SummerSlam as a stadium show in this time frame risks having to paper extensively which in the long run is not a good idea). They also asked about interest in a WWE themed restaurant, a WWE themed hotel and a WWE themed Hall of Fame museum. I may be wrong, but I took that to mean they would theme up an area restaurant or hotel during the week and make it a destination spot for fans. If it was the idea of a permanent WWE restaurant or hotel, then I’d be surprised they didn’t follow up asking about a WWE-themed football league and bodybuilding company.

The most shipped DVDs over the past several months have been the John Cena Experience, which was released in November for the Christmas season having shipped 175,000 units, the WrestleMania 27 DVD which had shipped 160,000 units as of the end of May (about three weeks into its release, a number significantly down from previous years and it’s the big release of the year so Rock’s return meant a ton on PPV but not as much for a DVD release, which isn’t surprising because the DVD is after the show and word of mouth on the show was that it was an average show with one great match), The 50 Greatest Superstars of All-Time, which shipped 116,000 units (also a Christmas season release), The History of WrestleMania at 115,000 and the Best of Raw 2010 with 95,000. Keep in mind those are units shipped to retail, and not purchased. The sell through rates for WWE DVDs has varied greatly but they were on the low end the last time they were reported.
For May, the WWE shipped 271,000 DVD units, a number boosted by Mania coming out. In May of 2010, that number was 393,000, so it’s a drop of 31%. The web site in May had 13.7 million unique visitors, up 16% from 11.8 million in May 2010 . The company received, on average, 839 merchandise orders daily through its Shop Zone site, a ridiculous increase of 73% from 484 last year. I’m not sure what the difference was year-to-year. There is Rock merchandise and it was also the beginning of Sin Cara merchandise, which has sold big. However, house show attendance fell to an average of 4,633 paid in May, so the numbers give you a mixed bag as to whether things are good or not. I don’t know what fueled the huge merchandise increase but that’s very substantial.

RBH

263735_225428924146813_215141195175586_704572_2388823_n.jpg

263563_225463247476714_215141195175586_704793_1125891_n.jpg

261566_225477850808587_215141195175586_704806_7396010_n.jpg

261807_225469540809418_215141195175586_704797_5892189_n.jpg

260201_225418377481201_215141195175586_704562_2851986_n.jpg

269678_225417497481289_215141195175586_704560_2500128_n.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
remnant said:
disagreeing=\=trolling.

There is not a single opinion I've stated that i haven't "justified". or is agreeing with someone that John Cena isn't horrible in everything considered trolling? I was adding to the discussion, not crying like you are right now.
You do nothing but come in here, reply to most people and say they're crying. That's fucking trolling. At least we all participate in active discussion daily.

The Frankman said:
Your fallacy is assuming most wrestling fans are sensible. Get that out of your head and we can continue this.
Most people on here are sensible, outside of Remnant that is.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Frankman said:
I'm sorry drream, Maybe we should talk about ponufucking and would it would be like to live with a pony like you do.

Very mature there.
Just tired of him coming in here and posting random people saying that all we do is bitch and should quit watching the product because there's no point in complaining.

JdFoX187 said:
Just tired of him coming in here and posting random people saying that all we do is bitch and should quit watching the product because there's no point in complaining.
In a sense he has a point. Who here has actually quit the product before? I did in 94-ish, and I came back in 96-97 for the Attitude Era when things got good (WCW competition).

What can the average person do outside of trying to join the business to change it? Not buy PPVs? Heck, I did that step a LONNNNNNNNNNNNGGG time ago.

remnant

Banned
RBH said:
Are they using the Impact zone for this?
Ric Flair paid Highspots the $35,000 he owed them and the 300 signed autographed photos. Flair had until the middle of this coming week to do so or he would have been put in jail for contempt of court. In think that also means no book based on the depositions. Flair hasn’t been used on television of late since the storyline is Sting, Bischoff and Hogan at the top and Flair isn’t written into anything right now.

Hopefully this means he can return to T.V.

You do nothing but come in here, reply to most people and say they're crying. That's fucking trolling. At least we all participate in active discussion daily.
So i have to come in here everyday and agree with you? lol Yeah okay maybe when your name turns red.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Frankman said:
In a sense he has a point. Who here has actually quit the product before? I did in 94-ish, and I came back in 96-97 for the Attitude Era when things got good (WCW competition).

What can the average person do outside of trying to join the business to change it? Not buy PPVs? Heck, I did that step a LONNNNNNNNNNNNGGG time ago.
I don't watch Smackdown outside of a few clips here and there online. Haven't watched Raw hardly either. But it's just so hypocritical to come in and complain that all we do is complain. At least we do it because we like the product and want it to be better than what it currently is. He comes in and says we're complaining just to be complaining. In a sense, he's just being a hypocrite.

remnant said:
So i have to come in here everyday and agree with you? lol Yeah okay maybe when your name turns red.
How about contributing to the discussion with something more than "cry moar!"

Are you fucking Avatar299? You sure act like him.

JdFoX187 said:
I don't watch Smackdown outside of a few clips here and there online. Haven't watched Raw hardly either. But it's just so hypocritical to come in and complain that all we do is complain. At least we do it because we like the product and want it to be better than what it currently is. He comes in and says we're complaining just to be complaining. In a sense, he's just being a hypocrit.
It's not really being hypocritical if it's true.

I can name 15 posters who have been known during certain matches to be like "man this match is awesome!" "four star match" but if their fave wrestler doesn't win that match it's suddenly "that match was shit" "WWE fucking up again" "SAME OLD SHIT". THAT is being hypocritical, and I have to read that shit after every PPV.

RBH

Thanks again for the Observer notes, dream.

Preliminary indications for Extreme Rules were 138,000 worldwide buys and 65,000 domestic buys. The latter would be the lowest total for a WWE show since the mid-80s when only a tiny percentage of homes could even get PPV.

Good lord.

zychi

Banned
JdFoX187 said:

Most people on here are sensible, outside of Remnant that is.
you called me a troll and i think i've been able to post for less then 2 months. calling someone a troll is itself trolling. calling someone "ignorant" and not explaining why is a form of trolling.

my post was about the wrestlers, mic skills and the promos. you start whining about trolls, complaining about how a user posts, and calling me ignorant.

if you actually watch the shows( which you just admitted you dont even watch SD), you would know that all of the older gen fans chant cena sucks. but no one just hates on cena to hate, even though he's carrying the company's image right now. hell, the rock came BACK to promote his shit and twitter fight with cena so people would remember who the hell he was, AFTER he denounced being "the rock" and complaining people should call him dwayne from now on(which is another great thing about punk's promo)

where remnant was actually responding to my post in a coherent manner, and i had 0 problem with his response.

because unlike you, he wasn't calling anyone names.
your first sentence to my response was an attack. troll.
Does anyone really hate on Cena just to hate on him? I know guys like you and remnant come in here and like to shit on discussion and call people out without backing up claims, but c'mon.
because you know, with my vast amount of posts. i totally shit on everyone in this thread. :eyeroll

JdFoX187

Banned
The Frankman said:

I can name 15 posters who have been known during certain matches to be like "man this match is awesome!" "four star match" but if their fave wrestler doesn't win that match it's suddenly "that match was shit" "WWE fucking up again" "SAME OLD SHIT". THAT is being hypocritical, and I have to read that shit after every PPV.
A match can be great up until the ending. The ending can ruin a match just like a bad movie could ruin a good game, movie, book, etc. And I'm talking about it's hypocritical to just bitch about people bitching. You're doing the exact same thing you're calling other people out for doing. As I said, at least you, me, Striker and everyone else contribute and do things other than call other people out for complaining.

The Frankman said:

Everyone in the thread is shit. Hell, I sometimes am like that. Now these days, I tend to say great match with shitty ending. :p

remnant

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
I don't watch Smackdown outside of a few clips here and there online. Haven't watched Raw hardly either. But it's just so hypocritical to come in and complain that all we do is complain. At least we do it because we like the product and want it to be better than what it currently is. He comes in and says we're complaining just to be complaining. In a sense, he's just being a hypocrite.
That's funny because I watch SD and Superstars every week, because they are good shows. You have a point, i don't watch RAW because it's a poor show and the idea of watching a bad show just to compalin about it, is a waste of time imo.

I would love for RAW to be better, but until then i will watch stuff that is good right now.
I don't see how that makes me a hyprocrite.
JdFoX187 said:
How about contributing to the discussion with something more than "cry moar!"
How about not being predictable?

JdFoX187

Banned
zychi said:
you called me a troll and i think i've been able to post for less then 2 months. calling someone a troll is itself trolling. calling someone "ignorant" and not explaining why is a form of trolling.

my post was about the wrestlers, mic skills and the promos. you start whining about trolls, complaining about how a user posts, and calling me ignorant.
You say the Rock's mic skills weren't that impressive. You then say Cena's mic skills are awesome while shitting on Cody's mic skills. Cody has gotten over as one of the best heels in the company in the past year mostly due to his mic skills. People HATE him, but you say it's terrible. Opinions and all that, but it's like you know absolutely nothing about what makes a person a good mic worker, therefore ignorant.

if you actually watch the shows( which you just admitted you dont even watch SD), you would know that all of the older gen fans chant cena sucks. but no one just hates on cena to hate, even though he's carrying the company's image right now. hell, the rock came BACK to promote his shit and twitter fight with cena so people would remember who the hell he was, AFTER he denounced being "the rock" and complaining people should call him dwayne from now on(which is another great thing about punk's promo)
Did you completely ignore what I fucking said? People hate on Cena for the above listed reasons, that I'm not going to bother repeating because you don't want to fucking read them. Older fans boo him because we see past the facade of Hulk Hogan lite. Kids love him because he overcomes the odds every week and comes out preaching never give up, never surrender, etc. He's a Saturday morning cartoon. Older fans hate that two dimensional nature of his character. Seems a lot more plausible than hating on someone just because he's popular.

where remnant was actually responding to my post in a coherent manner, and i had 0 problem with his response.

because unlike you, he wasn't calling anyone names.
your first sentence to my response was an attack. troll.
because you know, with my vast amount of posts. i totally shit on everyone in this thread. :eyeroll
He does nothing but say people are fucking bitching. Therefore, he's fucking trolling.

Shadowlink said:
Everyone in the thread is shit. Hell, I sometimes am like that. Now these days, I tend to say great match with shitty ending. :p
no no no my mistake, see that's ok. I'm, taking about the people who after that match when rant for hours how the whole match is garbage and the WWE is lost (that match won't make it any more lost if you were cheering it 5 minutes ago :p).

DMczaf

RBH said:
Thanks again for the Observer notes, dream.

Good lord.

Actually, its the 2nd lowest since the 80s.

DECEMBER TO DISMEMBER 2006!

The event had an attendance of 4,800 and received about 90,000 pay-per-view buys, with 55,000 of them domestic buys, which is the lowest buyrate in WWE history.

somedevil

Is punk really demanding that he will sign if they sign Colt Cabana to a deal? I believe he should get paid but that demand is bit out there and the WWE shouldn't give in to that demand.

JdFoX187

Banned
remnant said:
That's funny because I watch SD and Superstars every week, because they are good shows. You have a point, i don't watch RAW because it's a poor show and the idea of watching a bad show just to compalin about it, is a waste of time imo.

I would love for RAW to be better, but until then i will watch stuff that is good right now.
I don't see how that makes me a hyprocrite.

How about not being predictable?
Smackdown has been shit ever since Orton took over as champion. Christian gets a good run finally and is cut off. Retard booking that has no foregone conclusion is the ultimate issue with that show. I'm not complaining about it usually because I don't watch it, which is something you're always calling out people for. When Orton gets out of the main event, I'll go back and watch the show.

somedevil said:
Is punk really demanding that he will sign if they sign Colt Cabana to a deal? I believe he should get paid but that demanded is bit out there and the WWE shouldn't give in to that demand.

It does seem a little unprofessional and I can't imagine that it would do Colt any good in terms of the way management looks at him.

As a fan though, it would be pretty awesome. Colt is great and deserves to be (back) in the WWE.

The Frankman said:
no no no my mistake, see that's ok. I'm, taking about the people who after that match when rant for hours how the whole match is garbage and the WWE is lost (that match won't make it any more lost if you were cheering it 5 minutes ago :p).
Well, it's like that all the time. It's not going to stop because there are people wishing if it was as good as it was back then. I totally agree with them! The CM Punk promo proved that WWE would be great if they had the balls to do something as awesome again as that promo. There are still some decent matches, but they'll never be as good as they were back then. People just need to keep their expectations low. I'm always assuming now that Cena will win this match. Even when I keep hoping someone like R-Truth wins the title, I know that Cena will do something stupid and win. People need to already expect that the WWE wants money so they'll have Cena winning most of the time for the kiddies.

remnant

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
Smackdown has been shit ever since Orton took over as champion. Christian gets a good run finally and is cut off. Retard booking that has no foregone conclusion is the ultimate issue with that show. I'm not complaining about it usually because I don't watch it, which is something you're always calling out people for. When Orton gets out of the main event, I'll go back and watch the show.
No. Even if you think the Christian deal was some tragedy, SD has had great wrestling for months now centered around Sheamus/Chrisitan/Orton. The Cody Rhodes/Bryan feud is great. The Coore breakup was done well and they have a done a good job building up the midcard with good matches, especially tag matches with the Uso's. Even the mark Henry build has been good.

Of curse, how would you know. You just assume it's bad because Orton is champ. It's not like you watch.

Speaking of watching, anyone interested should watch NXT this week for the match between Yoshi tatsu and Tyson Kidd. One of the best matches I've seen this month
Yes puting it above some of the matches at RoH iPPV
Hopefully they use Tyson well when they put him on SD.

somedevil said:
Is punk really demanding that he will sign if they sign Colt Cabana to a deal? I believe he should get paid but that demanded is bit out there and the WWE shouldn't give in to that demand.
It's not uncommon. Daniel bryan got in with almost no time in FCW largely due to Shawn Michael. Punk is a politician backstage. It wouldn't be the first time wrestlers have used their pull backstage to get guys into the E'.

krae_man

DMczaf said:
Actually, its the 2nd lowest since the 80s.

DECEMBER TO DISMEMBER 2006!

God, that PPV ended almost an hour early and that was after Paul stalled for time for about 20 minutes and went on a pointless rant before the main event.

dream

krae_man said:
God, that PPV ended almost an hour early and that was after Paul stalled for time for about 20 minutes and went on a pointless rant before the main event.

Can you imagine if that was one of your $300 shows?

zychi

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
You say the Rock's mic skills weren't that impressive. You then say Cena's mic skills are awesome while shitting on Cody's mic skills. Cody has gotten over as one of the best heels in the company in the past year mostly due to his mic skills. People HATE him, but you say it's terrible. Opinions and all that, but it's like you know absolutely nothing about what makes a person a good mic worker, therefore ignorant.
Show me where I say Rock's wasn't impressive? Because what I don't know if I'm reading what I posted correctly here, from on the same page as your little whining tirade:
If he has writers write everything before he goes out, and CENNNNNNER does it off the top of his head, then yeah, Cena is better. But it doesn't take away the fact that some of Rock's stuff is some of the most memorable written mic work ever.
Man I totally said Rock wasn't impressive there. I mean he's clearly the worst.

You're missing my entire point about Cena v. Rock. IF Cena does it off the top of his head, he is a better mic guy then someone who needs multiple takes, and "reads off a prompter" like Orton says.(though I doubt you even listened to what started this discussion because apparently everyone here is ignorant and you're right) Think of it as a guitarist actually singing his own music v. a lip sync version of a pop song.

Again, your opinion, but how would you know what Cody is doing if you don't watch smackdown? definition of ignorance. he was drafted there in early 2010, and the majority of his "mic work" has come on smackdown, and it's been terrible.

He is a good heel, but saying people HATE him for his mic performance? C'mon bro, he's hated because the whole "phantom of the opera" shit is old and tired, it's older then Cena's Hustle Loyalty Respect shit.
You are the definition of a guy whining about his superstar not getting props. How am I the ignorant one, when you're backing up someone who you can't even see, if you're missing the show he's been on for most of this "ow my nose" angle that supposedly gets a lot of heat?

C'mon bro. Read what you're posting and responding to. Stop being an ignorant troll and attacking posters when you can't even back up your shit talking.

UberTag

dream said:
Of course, if 7/17 ends up as a prelude and actually kicks off a bigger angle for SummerSlam, that would make more sense. Punk’s contract actually expired a few days before the PPV but signed an agreement to stay on through the show. There are a lot of ways you can go with it, but they had the outsider dynamic last year with Nexus that was super hot at first, but by the time they got to SummerSlam, it had been cooled off to where business was a disappointment for that show. But if Punk is leaving on 7/17, and both talent believes and creative has been outright told that is the case, then this only has a few week shelf life, unless they have a great idea to follow up on this if and when he signs a new deal.
The bolded section contradicts what the Observer reported earlier that Punk's contract runs through September. Clearly even they can make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom