• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| MADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaimeGuy said:
The best part about punk is his ability to just out of nowhere propel himself to the main event, even during/after a really, really bad angle.

He did it after he was squashed by taker, he did it when he spent a month or two off injured, he did it this week, too.

Punk has the ability to snatch the spotlight and make himself the talk of the wrestling industry like only a handful of individuals do, especially with the current batch of writers.

I can only imagine the kinds of work he could have done if he were in the WWF or WCW or even ECW during the attitude era instead of the indy scene and IWA Mid-South.

The only guys I can see doing what Punk has done are himself and Jericho. Not even The Miz has held on to his heat compared to where it was during his run up to the WWE Title. Punk should be at Swagger status by now with how they've used him, and how many failed plans he's hatched.

RBH

THQ announces the release dates for WWE All Stars DLC:

THQ today announced an updated release schedule of downloadable content offerings for WWE® All Stars™, the company’s recent release featuring a unique, bold and energetic gameplay experience complete with a roster of legendary talent and current-day WWE Superstars. The latest content offerings via Xbox LIVE® for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system currently include the following:

The Million Dollar Pack
Featuring "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase. The Million Dollar Pack is now available for download at a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points or £1.19 via PlayStation Network.

R-Truth
R-Truth is scheduled to be available for download free of charge to all WWE All Stars owners via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network on 6 July 2011.

The All-Time Greats Pack
Featuring Hawk, Animal, Jerry "The King" Lawler and Chris Jericho. The All-Time Greats Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 6 July 2011 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

The Southern Charisma Pack
Includes Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes and Mark Henry. The Southern Charisma Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 3 August 2011 via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

For more information on WWE All Stars and all downloadable content offerings to date, please visit wweallstars.com, www.facebook.com/WWEgames and www.twitter.com/WWEgames.

http://www.thq.com/uk/gamenews/show/15635/6072/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Net_Wrecker said:
The only guys I can see doing what Punk has done are himself and Jericho. Not even The Miz has held on to his heat compared to where it was during his run up to the WWE Title. Punk should be at Swagger status by now with how they've used him, and how many failed plans he's hatched.
Yeah, I had jericho in mind when typing the post up.

GaimeGuy

Seraphis Cain said:
Dude, Henry is incredibly charismatic. They've mishandled him basically since Owen died, though. He works best as a comedy face, ala Big Show a few years back when they had him doing all those impersonations.

Seraphis Cain said:

henry.gif

RBH

Pricing information for the DLC as well:

WOKING, UK. - 30th June, 2011 - THQ Inc. today announced an updated release schedule of downloadable content offerings for WWE(R) All StarsTM, the company's recent release featuring a unique, bold and energetic gameplay experience complete with a roster of legendary talent and current-day WWE Superstars. The latest content offerings via Xbox LIVE(R) for the Xbox 360(R) videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation(R)Network for the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system currently include the following:

The Million Dollar Pack
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase and his son, Ted DiBiase: The Million Dollar Pack is now available for download at a suggested purchase cost of 160 Microsoft Points or GBP1.99 via PlayStation Network.

R-Truth
R-Truth is scheduled to be available for download free of charge to all WWE All Stars owners via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network on 6th July, 2011.

The All-Time Greats Pack
Hawk, Animal, Jerry "The King" Lawler, and Chris Jericho: The All-Time Greats Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 6th July, 2011 for a suggested purchase cost of 320 Microsoft Points or GBP3.99 via PlayStation Network.

The Southern Charisma Pack
Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes, and Mark Henry: The Southern Charisma Pack is scheduled to be available for download on 3rd August, 2011 for a suggested purchase cost of 240 Microsoft Points or GBP2.99 via PlayStation Network.

For more information on WWE All Stars and all downloadable content offerings to date, please visit wweallstars.com, www.facebook.com/WWEgames and www.twitter.com/WWEgames.

zychi

Banned
Sunflower said:
Let's cast our lots right now. Vote. Who thinks the WWE will fumble this angle (Cener wins, Punk leaves, and all our hopefulness is gone) or who thinks they'll knock it out of the park (any ending different than the previous)? Vote!

Based on WWE's track record, I think they'll fumble. They've burned me too hard in the past for me to believe they'll do right.
this is exactly why i think hhh is going to come back after this. hhh hasnt done much wrestling besides wm, and hes clearly healthy enough. i think cena needs time off, punk wants time off/to leave, even if punk re-signs i could see this turning into a del rio v cena feud, which turns into del rio v hhh so cena can rest between summerslam and the rumble, come back, and starting pimping the rock out. while punk can win the title, do whatever is going to happen with the angle after mitb, and take some time off regardless where he ends up.

DKehoe

zychi said:
this is exactly why i think hhh is going to come back after this. hhh hasnt done much wrestling besides wm, and hes clearly healthy enough.
HHH is busy learning the ropes of the backstage stuff. If he is going to come back (you never know, he might not) it will be closer to Wrestlemania.

Wrekt

The Raw MitB winner is shown laid out in the back just seconds before Punk vs Cena. The briefcase is nowhere to be seen. Punk wins the title and starts to cut a promo about how he is taking it to NJPW/RoH. Then suddenly...

Boom Boom. Colt Cobana.
Boom Boom. Colt Cobana.

It would be mega dumb but I'd mark like hell.

GaimeGuy

Wrekt said:
The Raw MitB winner is shown laid out in the back just seconds before Punk vs Cena. The briefcase is nowhere to be seen. Punk wins the title and starts to cut a promo about how he is taking it to NJPW/RoH. Then suddenly...

Boom Boom. Colt Cobana.
Boom Boom. Colt Cobana.

:O

Wrekt said:

Boom Boom. Colt Cobana.
Boom Boom. Colt Cobana.

Book: Lemme tell you somethin Josh, dat's Colt Cabana right there. He's a little unorthodox, but he'll still bust yo sternum and make you call for a medic right there.

Cole: Pffft, what a nerd. What a goof. I bet he doesn't eat TV's or watch vegan either.

King: Shut up, Cole.

GaimeGuy

It's impossible to NOT read these fake booker dialogues with booker's voice in your head.

GaimeGuy

DMczaf said:
"First things first, I look for charisma. That's why I signed Sin Cara."
Well he's pretty much the sole reason lucha libre has made a comeback over the last 5 years or so

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Saw this theory on another board:

Punk wins. Cena is fired(aka time off until survivor series). Punk takes WWE belt to NJPW. Raw MitB winner travels to Japan to win the belt back.

I can actually see this happening since NJPW probably isn't considered as much of a competitor as ROH is.

Though I guess it is in Japan, so maybe not.

sajj316 said:
Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel

Sin Cara? Jesus. Someone's gonna die at this PPV.

I kind of want
Bryan to win money in the bank, and when Cena loses Bryan cashes in. Bryan lays down and Punk an Bryan form a faction. They both went through the same crap in the WWE.

Fantasy booking is awful though. I still have money on Punk winning.

tralfazz

I think Punk wins. Cena is fired.

Cena gets time to heal up. Punk starts a rogue stable of Bryan, Christian and Truth. All guys with known 'conspiracies' agianst them.

I think Punk resigned when he disappeared from Twitter a couple months back.

tralfazz said:
I think Punk wins. Cena is fired.

Cena gets time to heal up. Punk starts a rogue stable of Bryan, Christian and Truth. All guys with known 'conspiracies' agianst them.

I think Punk resigned when he disappeared from Twitter a couple months back.
Yeah Punk has re-signed. No way they would make him this hot with 3 weeks left.

UberTag

canadian crowe said:
I kind of want
Bryan to win money in the bank, and when Cena loses Bryan cashes in. Bryan lays down and Punk an Bryan form a faction. They both went through the same crap in the WWE.

That would be amazing except for the fact that the briefcases are now color-coded by brand and title now. Bryan won't be able to cash in the Smackdown briefcase for the RAW-brand title.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I keep forgetting that on top of all the hype Punk's match with Cena now has, it's going to be in Chicago. The crowd is going to be like, Attitude-Era insane that night.

Chicago might really riot if Cena wins.

canadian crowe said:
I kind of want

I don't get why Punk would be motivated to lay down for Bryan. I don't think it's in anybody's best interests to rehash the fingerpoke of doom anyway.

spindashing said:
Well, I mean this is Chicago of all places.

Crowd's going to be nasty when Cena wins.
He can win the fans over using his WM 22 entrance again as it worked so well back then, hell CM Punk can come down on the side of the car again!

RBH

SpikeTV is rebranding their network:

At the PROMAX/BDA 2011 annual conference for TV marketing executives & promo producers, Niels Shuurmans (EVP, Brand Marketing & Creative for Spike TV) & Ty Montague (Co-CEO Co Collective) outlined the Spike TV re-brand and went into detail about where they want to take the brand.

The session began with Shuurmans walking everyone through where Spike has been in terms of their past brand marketing efforts. He explained the channel was designed as an unapologetic destination for men 18-34 looking for action-oriented fare. While describing the "playful" nature of what was once Spike TV's brand, he showed some old promo branding spots Spike once ran (scantily-clad women brand IDs and a long-length Half Pint Brawlers launch spot). It is important to note that nowhere in this presentation was Impact mentioned, referenced audially or visually.

Shuurmans went on to explain that it was time for Spike TV to evolve from targeting only men 18-34, describing the need to broaden the audience to both men and women 18-49. The need to be more inclusive and get more women watching was driven home numerous times. Spike wants women to be "intrigued" by their programming, not totally turned off by it. Clearly, they are moving head-strong into the reality realm as spots were shown for Auction Hunters, Deadliest Warrior, and Bar Rescue which premieres in July. There was no mention of Impact (and only passing clips of UFC).

Ty Montague took over the presentation and explained Spike's new brand mission. The channel will now be dedicated to give men guidance and be a service that equips them to be better men. The mantra "inspire men to be better men" was thrown around numerous times as more slides were shown highlighting efforts to expand Spike's website and reach out onto other platforms.

In conclusion, it was apparent Spike is very much aware they have limited their audience with the original effort to be an unapologetic "guys only" network. Shuurmans himself noted that this niche is not big enough and the channel has to expand to appeal to women.
It seems they intend on doing this by introducing more personality-driven reality fare. The hope is that they don't alienate their core male audience while trying to go broader.
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_51138.shtml

spindashing said:

Well I think no matter what Cena isnt leaving with the title.

ether Punk wins and we they continue the most interesting story in WWE in years or Cena wins and MITB winner cashes in and the next night on raw everyone pretends Punk never existed.

There is no way in hell it will just end with Cena winning and thats that.

Lost Fragment said:
I keep forgetting that on top of all the hype Punk's match with Cena now has, it's going to be in Chicago. The crowd is going to be like, Attitude-Era insane that night.

Chicago might really riot if Cena wins.

I don't get why Punk would be motivated to lay down for Bryan. I don't think it's in anybody's best interests to rehash the fingerpoke of doom anyway.
More like
Bryan would job to Punk. Or rip up the contract in a show of solidarity.
Either way people would be pissed on second thought.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Aw shit. Imagining how crazy the Chicago crowd is gonna be got me thinking that if they're ever going to turn Cena, now might be a really good opportunity.

They could subtly build Punk between now and then as a tweener rather than a heel. Cena can continue his whole "hey Vince I don't much like Punk but you've been fucking him over constantly for the past 6 years" thing until the match. Then when the match happens, Punk is on the verge of beating Cena and Vince/Cena screw him over in some kind of gloriously heelish fashion, revealing that they've been working together all along and that Cena's been doing all kinds of underhanded politicking and backstabbing and ass kissing with Vince to get all the opportunities he's had over the years, while maintaining a phony good-guy image to everyone else. Then Cena/Vince/a few others form like, the 2011 Corporation.

Then Punk takes a few months off and returns for a rematch at SummerFest.

Azuran

Banned
spindashing said:

You mean awesome. I can't wait to watch Cena heel it up and play with the crowd.

funkystudent said:
Well I think no matter what Cena isnt leaving with the title.

ether Punk wins and we they continue the most interesting story in WWE in years or Cena wins and MITB winner cashes in and the next night on raw everyone pretends Punk never existed.

There is no way in hell it will just end with Cena winning and thats that.

Cena and Del Rio is the planned SS feud. He's leaving with the belt.

Authorities have determined that "Macho Man" Randy Savage died of cardiovascular disease, reports TMZ.com and St. Petersburg Times.

Savage, whose real name is Randy Mario Poffo, suffered a serious "cardiac event" moments before crashing his vehicle into a tree in Seminole, Florida on May 20. Savage was taken to Largo Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

An autopsy by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office revealed Savage had an enlarged heart with severe atherosclerosis of his coronary arteries. The car accident did not contribute to his death. He suffered only minor abrasions and bruising from the crash.

The cause of death was determined to be Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease; the deadly "cardiac event" resulted from the condition.

Savage tested positive for alcohol and hydrocodone during the time of his death, but neither played a role in his passing.

The results of the autopsy were released by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office on Thursday.

I bet a lot of people at TNA just broke out in a cold sweat with that Spike rebranding news.

And the latest example of channel drift shows that maybe, just maybe, there's too many damn cable channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom