• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| MADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
remnant said:
It's not uncommon. Daniel bryan got in with almost no time in FCW largely due to Shawn Michael. Punk is a politician backstage. It wouldn't be the first time wrestlers have used their pull backstage to get guys into the E'.
nWo, wcw to wwe transition, and bischoff + hogan comes to mind with this too. nash has been dragging hall around with him everywhere he goes too.

not uncommon at all.

Punk's trying to do WWE a favor. Cabana is an amazing performer and could likely teach people a lot. He was never given a chance to get over during the Scotty Goldman era.

Seriously, Cabana deserves a shot as Cabana. His goofy, fun loving persona coupled with his technical wrestling ability steeped in the classic British style could really endear him to the fans, given half a chance.

remnant

Banned
zychi said:
Again, your opinion, but how would you know what Cody is doing if you don't watch smackdown? definition of ignorance. he was drafted there in early 2010, and the majority of his "mic work" has come on smackdown, and it's been terrible.

He is a good heel, but saying people HATE him for his mic performance? C'mon bro, he's hated because the whole "phantom of the opera" shit is old and tired, it's older then Cena's Hustle Loyalty Respect shit.
I have to disagree here. Cody took a shallow gimmick (Dashing) and made it work. I think they did the whole scarring thing a little to soon and for a while it was getting old, but he has been on track again with his recent promo's and the paper bag gimmick works and makes sense. I think Rey did a lot as well to really put him over.

Personally I think Cody is one of the best young heels in wrestling right now. Hopefully they don't rush him like they did with Ziggler.

Kelly Kelly posted the following on Twitter, presumably in response to Randy Orton's claim that she's banged a lot of wrestlers:

The best way to fight stupidity, is by ignoring it.

She must be really mad. She used a comma when she didn't have to.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Kelly Kelly posted the following on Twitter, presumably in response to Randy Orton's claim that she's banged a lot of wrestlers:

She must be really mad. She used a comma when she didn't have to.
Maybe Orton will leave her a present in her bag as an apology

dream

000.jpg

he's a married man, Kelly Kelly!

TheBear

So... I'm going to the WWE Sydney event by myself. All my friends laughed at me when I mentioned it, and then my girlfriend she would come to "support" me, which is code for she thinks I'm retarded. This feels like a low point in my life.
Fuck it, CM Punk is going to be there!

JdFoX187

Banned
zychi said:
Show me where I say Rock's wasn't impressive? Because what I don't know if I'm reading what I posted correctly here, from on the same page as your little whining tirade:

Man I totally said Rock wasn't impressive there. I mean he's clearly the worst.

You're missing my entire point about Cena v. Rock. IF Cena does it off the top of his head, he is a better mic guy then someone who needs multiple takes, and "reads off a prompter" like Orton says.(though I doubt you even listened to what started this discussion because apparently everyone here is ignorant and you're right) Think of it as a guitarist actually singing his own music v. a lip sync version of a pop song.

Again, your opinion, but how would you know what Cody is doing if you don't watch smackdown? definition of ignorance. he was drafted there in early 2010, and the majority of his "mic work" has come on smackdown, and it's been terrible.

He is a good heel, but saying people HATE him for his mic performance? C'mon bro, he's hated because the whole "phantom of the opera" shit is old and tired, it's older then Cena's Hustle Loyalty Respect shit.
You are the definition of a guy whining about his superstar not getting props. How am I the ignorant one, when you're backing up someone who you can't even see, if you're missing the show he's been on for most of this "ow my nose" angle that supposedly gets a lot of heat?

C'mon bro. Read what you're posting and responding to. Stop being an ignorant troll and attacking posters when you can't even back up your shit talking.
I said I don't watch Smackdown aside from clips here and there. I follow certain guys like Cody and such. They're the up and coming guys in the company. The Phantom of the Opera "crap" that he does is awesome. He's getting major heat, moreso than any other heel on the brand.

And you calling me an ignorant troll is fucking laughable. You're a fucking joke, that's all there is to it.

dream

Thank you for not speaking Spinnish, EraldoCoil.

Are you guys done bickering about John Cena? Can we talk about the bigger story Meltzer snuck into his CM Punk article? Brock and Heyman working with WWE?

RBH

Smackdown and Superstars spoilers for next week:

Superstars
*Alicia Fox pinned Natalya.

*Wade Barrett beat a Jobber

Smackdown
*The Smackdown Money in the Bank competitors are in the ring being interviewed about their chances. Sheamus hits the ring with a chair and clears everyone out. He says he's in the MITB and wants his revenge for being punted out of his title shot at Capitol Punishment. Christian comes out and says the stipulation for his rematch at the MITB PPV has changed and if Orton is DQ'd or Christian is the victim of poor officiating, Christian will be named the new World champion.

*Teddy Long makes Sheamus vs. Christian the main event tonight.

*Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase defeated WWE Intercontinental champ Ezekiel Jackson & Daniel Bryan.

*Mark Henry looks terrifying and cuts a promo. Same intensity we've seen last few weeks.

*Jinder Mahal pins Trent Baretta. Great Khali does commentary.

*AJ pins Tamina.

*Mark Henry pinned Kane.

*The Usos defeated Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater.

*Sin Cara pinned Tyson Kidd.

*World champion Randy Orton vs. Sheamus ends in a DDQ as Christian attacks both. Orton later clears the ring of both Sheamus and Christian.

RBH

And the Smackdown MITB participants are:

Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel

Guzim

RBH said:

Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel
Other than
Kane
, that's an awesome line-up.

UberTag

RBH said:

Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel
Glad to see Slater and Gabriel in the match. Was thinking that wouldn't necessarily be the case given their recent trend of jobbing to the Usos but they'll contribute in the spot department for this match even if they clearly won't win.

The two names I had expected to be involved that didn't make the cut are Zeke and Ted DiBiase. I won't miss either of them... Ted Jr. will still likely get involved as Cody's Virgil at ringside anyhow.

zychi

Banned
JdFoX187 said:
I said I don't watch Smackdown aside from clips here and there. I follow certain guys like Cody and such. They're the up and coming guys in the company. The Phantom of the Opera "crap" that he does is awesome. He's getting major heat, moreso than any other heel on the brand.

And you calling me an ignorant troll is fucking laughable. You're a fucking joke, that's all there is to it.
I'll just quote yourself from this same page to show how stupid you're coming off.

JdFoX187 said:
I don't watch Smackdown outside of a few clips here and there online. Haven't watched Raw hardly either. But it's just so hypocritical to come in and complain that all we do is complain. At least we do it because we like the product and want it to be better than what it currently is. He comes in and says we're complaining just to be complaining. In a sense, he's just being a hypocrite.
Not watching the show(s) you complain and troll about sounds like you're the actual joke.
You say you don't watch the show(s), you admit to complaining, and you say you're NOT complaining just to complain?

So besides being a dude who insults and call posters names. Attempts to troll, by making up what people say(Rock is the worst!), and completely ignoring the point that you were proven wrong on said troll.

What exactly are you doing in this thread besides trolling?
How exactly are you watching Cena's mic work, Cody's actual storylines, and anything else to do with the "product" and be able to have an opinion, when all you do is watch "clips here and there"?
The underlined portion, is you saying you like the product, yet you don't watch it in its entirety.You call yourself a hypocrite in your own post. Does not compute.

Every post on this page you are insulting the person you are responding to in some form, rather then having a conversation. You pretend like you're better then the "product" by claiming you dont watch it, but then you moan and complain about everyone's "opinions" of wrestlers(because apparently I'm a Cena guy, when I clearly stated I'm not in a post you quoted), by saying you only watch clips. Again, how can you form an actual opinion if you don't watch any of the shows and stick to clips? If I watch a bunch of random youtube videos of Lost, I can't form a valid opinion on the series based on what little I've seen.

Sounds like you're the "fucking joke/"ignorant troll/whatever new term you're going to use in your next post.

RBH said:

Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel

That match will be amazing just for the
Sin Cara botches
alone.

Striker

remnant said:
Cena's promo today aren't bad. They are just uninteresting because he is booked in a predictable manner. After a while you just don't care anymore, no matter how good the promo is.
Cena causes many zzzz's. I'm not saying he's a bad speaker, but he gets pretty fuckin' boring. He's no Austin, Rock, Jericho, not close to them.

And once a person is gonna call Cody bad on the stick, but list Cena as some top notch level, that's just hilarious. Not even going to bother wasting my time.

NubCakes09 said:
Orton's story on The Rock and Dwayne's latest tweet about Punk makes him seem like a pretty big douche.
Orton's history is sketchy as hell. What makes him some honorary citizen?

dream

The picture comes from barbie-blank.net.

See, I am taking that question at face value and answering as politely and helpfully as I can because I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE YOU WRESTLING IS REAL MOTHERFUCKERS!

antonz

Orton has taken to twitter to make a public apology to Kelly kelly though of course him doing that in a way basically just furthers what he said as even more people will be curious as to what he was talking about

sajj316

As I keep re-reading the promo transcripts, he's opened the door for any of the following (maybe all). Some of these have already been pointed out by other newsletters and in no particular order of priority/importance.

- feud with Rock
- feud or have Stone Cold side with him
- feud with HHH
- feud with the McMahon(s)
- feud with any talent in the back that took exception and wants to side with corporate
- major swerve by Cena on WWE to side with Punk (think Hogan when turning on WCW to be the 3rd member of the nWo)
- open the door for Colt Cabana
- open the door for Heyman return
- open the door for Lesnar return
- another sweep of nabbing ROH talent and instead of going to ROH, have them join him
- Punk viral campaign where he flaunts the WWE title at various promotions .. footage show on RAW to continue the angle

Just to name a few. The promo was well constructed and very calculated.

zychi

Banned
sajj316 said:
As I keep re-reading the promo transcripts, he's opened the door for any of the following (maybe all). Some of these have already been pointed out by other newsletters and in no particular order of priority/importance.

- feud with Rock
- feud or have Stone Cold side with him
- feud with HHH
- feud with the McMahon(s)
- feud with any talent in the back that took exception and wants to side with corporate
- major swerve by Cena on WWE to side with Punk (think Hogan when turning on WCW to be the 3rd member of the nWo)
- open the door for Colt Cabana
- open the door for Heyman return
- open the door for Lesnar return
- another sweep of nabbing ROH talent and instead of going to ROH, have them join him
- Punk viral campaign where he flaunts the WWE title at various promotions .. footage show on RAW to continue the angle

Just to name a few. The promo was well constructed and very calculated.
i think the feud with HHH has the best chance of happening, assuming Punk resigned/resigns. Give Cenerrr a few months off prior to WM, and let Punk basically control the WWE with his excellent mic work and title. They can also throw Del Rio into the mix to keep things interesting, or have a Del Rio feud prior to a feud with HHH.

Oh how cuuute. you guys actually think this angle will turn out well. (we're still doing that right?)

I thought the high would've worn out by now. The only outcome is Cena wins. Everyone knows that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I've been away from the digital world for a few days dealing with family matters, and I missed out on raw. Can someone give me a synopsis of what went down?

JdFoX187

Banned
Parallax said:
I've been away from the digital world for a few days dealing with family matters, and I missed out on raw. Can someone give me a synopsis of what went down?
Fairly shit show outside of an awesome shoot style promo at the end from Punk. It should be up on YouTube, but make sure you don't find the edited down official WWE one.

Net_Wrecker said:
Oh how cuuute. you guys actually think this angle will turn out well. (we're still doing that right?)
How cute, he still thinks we're doing that.

June's almost over you whiny bitches. How about a new thread title?

July Wrasslin |OT| Straight Edge Conspiracies

July Wrasslin |OT| Goodbye, CM Punk...

July Wrasslin |OT| Four Star Matches, Great Feuds!

Jamie OD

spindashing said:

July Wrasslin |OT| Hey, Colt Cabana, How Ya Doing?

evil ways

spindashing said:

July Wrasslin |OT| Summer of Punk IV : Fuck you everybody, goodbye!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom