• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| MADNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
spindashing said:
How cute, he still thinks we're doing that.

June's almost over you whiny bitches. How about a new thread title?

July Wrasslin |OT| Straight Edge Conspiracies

July Wrasslin |OT| Goodbye, CM Punk...

July Wrasslin |OT| Four Star Matches, Great Feuds!
I'm putting my vote forward for this one

UberTag

JdFoX187 said:
Fairly shit show outside of an awesome shoot style promo at the end from Punk. It should be up on YouTube, but make sure you don't find the edited down official WWE one.
The Tornado tag team match was really solid, relatively fresh and worth watching.
The result didn't matter 5 minutes after it ended and it was carried predominantly by Rey but still provided great action.

Jamie OD said:
July Wrasslin |OT| Hey, Colt Cabana, How Ya Doing?
Oh fuck. I like this one!

Bootaaay said:
July Wrasslin |OT| Good Times, Great Memories!
220px-Coltcabanalive.jpg

Ydahs

So the reruns of Raw had part of Punk's promo edited out? Was shown in full in Australia, so they certainly had the chance to edit it out in time for International viewings.

... Now that I think about it, maybe a part or two was edited out. Mainly the jab at the USA Network? Regardless, all which had substance was still there.

sajj316

Net_Wrecker said:
Oh how cuuute. you guys actually think this angle will turn out well. (we're still doing that right?)

I thought the high would've worn out by now. The only outcome is Cena wins. Everyone knows that.

Never

Can we not be jaded for one minute and forget about the Nexus angle of last year? Even if Super Cena wins, there are ways to play this angle out in favor of both Cena and Punk and get this business back on track. They aren't dealing with green as goose-shit FCW rookies where at the end of day, they just lost faith in their credibility.

Oh and ..July Wrasslin |OT| Hey, Colt Cabana, How Ya Doing?

sajj316

Speaking of Colt ..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/30/2292336/colt-cabana-thanks-friend-wwe.html

Former WWE star Colt Cabana was interviewed this week by the Miami Herald and had a lot to say about CM Punk's shoot promo from RAW. Colt says that Punk's rant was almost entirely reality-based and reflected the frustrations Punk has felt in WWE since his first days with the company.

“That whole thing has been building up forever,” Cabana said. “Personally, for almost forever, his whole time there, he is able to say this to me in the comfort of my house or his house.

"From being laughed at by the trainers in Ohio Valley Wrestling to Paul [Heyman] finally bringing him up and everybody treating him like dirt, telling him he has an attitude problem and calling him the ‘King of the Indies.’ Just looking down on him, he just felt shunned his whole time there. It was a complete struggle.”

Many are still under the impression that this angle is a storyline and that Punk will remain with WWE following his contract expiring the day after his title shot at Money In The Bank on 7/17, but Punk has been burnt out for a long time and is at the point where he just wants out.

“The power of him not really caring because he was ready to leave — I always said the power of not giving a s--- is so important,” Cabana said. “He is really at the point where he just wants to get out of there. It’s too frustrating for him. If he said anything that made anybody mad, what are they going to do to him? Not re-sign him? He doesn’t want to be there."

“So I think that idea is so powerful. He is so strong in his beliefs with the straight edge lifestyle. By being how strong headed that he is, he was able to have the power to go out on television and say what probably every other wrestler has wanted to say. He made unbelievable television. He made unbelievable history in wrestling."

Punk may be on his way out of WWE, but Colt thinks his promo from RAW has the potential to change entire industry:

“He almost has the ability to change professional wrestling as we know it. It has been so stagnant and vanilla. It kind of shook up the wrestling world because of his real life frustrations.”

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's cast our lots right now. Vote. Who thinks the WWE will fumble this angle (Cener wins, Punk leaves, and all our hopefulness is gone) or who thinks they'll knock it out of the park (any ending different than the previous)? Vote!

Based on WWE's track record, I think they'll fumble. They've burned me too hard in the past for me to believe they'll do right.

Sunflower said:
Let's cast our lots right now. Vote. Who thinks the WWE will fumble this angle (Cener wins, Punk leaves, and all our hopefulness is gone) or who thinks they'll knock it out of the park (any ending different than the previous)? Vote!

Based on WWE's track record, I think they'll fumble. They've burned me too hard in the past for me to believe they'll do right.

30190.jpg

sajj316

Sunflower said:

Considering that WWE has fumbled in the past .. PPV buyrates and RAW/Smackdown ratings solidifies this along with a tumbling stock price .. they NEED to hit this one out of the park.

DMczaf

8 year old Cena fans aren't paying the bills anymore. It's time to come crawling back to the greasy basement dwelling Smarks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DMczaf said:
8 year old Cena fans aren't paying the bills anymore. It's time to come crawling back to the greasy basement dwelling Smarks.

Hey we don't pay the bills either...often.

sajj316 said:
Considering that WWE has fumbled in the past .. PPV buyrates and RAW/Smackdown ratings solidifies this along with a tumbling stock price .. they NEED to hit this one out of the park.
Everyone said the same about nexus last year.

sajj316

funkystudent said:
Everyone said the same about nexus last year.

Put this into perspective .. on May 31, 2011 their stock price opened at $18.34. They are currently trading at $9.63. This is a similar trend to what happened between 08 and 09.

EDIT: my bad .. May 31, 2010

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
sajj316 said:
Put this into perspective .. on May 31, 2011 their stock price opened at $18.34. They are currently trading at $9.63. This is a similar trend to what happened between 08 and 09.

God DAMN.

Man, you guys are cynical. Not that I blame you (haha!), but shit!

Of course, looking at the WWE's track record the past 2-3 years, logic says they'll fuck this angle up. Sure, can't argue that.

But think about it: Sometimes (keyword: *sometimes*) they actually do something right (HBK/Jericho, HBK/Taker, etc.). So I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Especially because this particular angle has gotten the most buzz since Nexus, and unlike Nexus, it's centered around a wrestler who isn't green as grass.

PPV numbers are down, SmackDown numbers are down, the product is stale -- something has to change eventually.

Or not.

LOL!

JdFoX187 said:
Fairly shit show outside of an awesome shoot style promo at the end from Punk. It should be up on YouTube, but make sure you don't find the edited down official WWE one.

What? The Tornado Tag match was pretty good as well as Evan Bourne's match vs Sin Cara.

sajj316 said:

Call me crazy but I think Canaba is in on the work (at least for this interview). CM Punk is staying! Believe!

As for the angle, I've said it before, stay or go, it just makes too much sense NOT to have Punk win at MitB.
Stay: Punk starts a feud with Cena and gains incredible heat (moreso than now)
Leaves: Punk wins the belt, then the MitB winner cashes in on him and becomes so ridiculously over it'd be crazy.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I wanna say that Punk wins the belt, then he loses it the next night on Raw when the MitB winner cashes in.

Do we know who's gonna be in the Smackdown match yet? I can't see anybody in the Raw match winning the belt right now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, who thinks Punk has signed a new contract or extension? We all know the WWE -can- keep secrets when it wants to.

remnant

Banned
Sunflower said:

I'll go on whim and say they will do something different.
Different doesn't necessarily mean good
Having Punk lose and then go away is just leaving a lot of money on the table.

sajj316

Lost Fragment said:
I wanna say that Punk wins the belt, then he loses it the next night on Raw when the MitB winner cashes in.

Do we know who's gonna be in the Smackdown match yet? I can't see anybody in the Raw match winning the belt right now.

Daniel Bryan
Sin Cara
Kane
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel

Hex

Banned
Punk will win, but McMahon will come out and screw him somehow and Cena will win but be pissed and there will be story fuel for the rest of the year.

There's been nothing in the last few years that shows that WWE creative is interested in anything resembling an interesting, long term storyline, so what will happen is Cena Wins Lol. Or, Punk wins and then gets MITB winner cashing in and taking the belt off him before the show ends.

It would be great to see Punk win and leave with the belt. Vince declares the title vacant on Raw the next night and it's Cena vs Del Rio for the vacant title. Punk defends the title against scrubs at indie shows for a few weeks and the footage "leaks" online and on Raw. Build to Cena vs Punk at Summerslam for the "real" championship. Throw in some great promo work by Punk and even The Rock showing up to taunt Cena that he isn't really the champ.

Or.......Cena debuts a new shirt. And overcomes odds.

evil ways

Sunflower said:
Alright, who thinks Punk has signed a new contract or extension? We all know the WWE -can- keep secrets when it wants to.
Is more money and a semi main event push really worth it when you hate the current product and working environment?

It's like patching up giant holes with band aids, the main issues will still be there. But who really knows where Punk stands right now. He has no wife, no kids, doesn't seem like a big spender, so he could be very comfortable as far as money is concerned, to just not give a shit and turn down more money from WWE.

evil ways said:
Is more money and a semi main event push really worth it when you hate the current product and working environment?

It's like patching up giant holes with band aids, the main issues will still be there. But who really knows where Punk stands right now. He has no wife, no kids, doesn't seem like a big spender, so he could be very comfortable as far as money is concerned, to just not give a shit and turn down more money from WWE.

He also owns the rights to his name, so he could work a much lighter schedule on the indie scene, sell his own t shirts (@ 100% profit on a website) and chill out for a year or two.

All Wheels Wrestling results;

RPM (Jay Lethal) defeated Dubai (Shawn Daivari) in the first match which was a five minute match where the winner got the most falls during the five minute time period.

‘The Human Cyclone’ Aaron Aguilera defeated Schwagg Dutt (Sonjay Dutt) 4 falls to none in another five minute match.

Shwagg Dutt (Sonjay Dutt) defeated Dubai (Shawn Daivari), ‘The Human Cyclone’ Aaron Aguilera, and RPM (Jay Lethal) in an Ultimate X Match when he grabbed the All Wheels Wrestling Logo hanging over the ring.

Lol, 5 minute iron man matches? Shwagg Dutt? Oh dear.

Okay, excuse my ignorance but what is All Wheels Wrestling? I saw Jay Lethal in some CAW worthy attire and I thought it could have been some sort of a photoshop.

Schwagg Dutt, oh man... :lol

sajj316 said:
I want to believe.

But Stephanie, Vince, and John Laurinitis are simply too inept. This will be Nexus 2.0 and Cena will prevail again. Vince just doesn't understand that the kid-friendly approach is not as sustainable as the smart-friendly approach.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
spindashing said:
Okay, excuse my ignorance but what is All Wheels Wrestling? I saw Jay Lethal in some CAW worthy attire and I thought it could have been some sort of a photoshop.

Schwagg Dutt, oh man... :lol

Wikipedia sez:
All Wheels Wrestling is a professional wrestling television program for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling currently in development. It is themed on Racing and will have 4 teams of wrestlers competing to win the All Wheels Wrestling Cup. A pilot episode for the SPEED Network was filmed June 29, 2011 at the Impact Wrestling Zone in Universal Studios, Orlando, Florida

spindashing said:

No, it's all to real. It's Bischoff's new TNA spin-off for some racing channel. The wrestlers are part of 4 racing themed teams who compete each season for a championship cup.

JdFoX187

Banned
NubCakes09 said:
What? The Tornado Tag match was pretty good as well as Evan Bourne's match vs Sin Cara.
As much as some hate others saying it, the ending ruined that match for me. It was fairly enjoyable, I just wish it didn't end with Swagger getting buried. Sin Cara v. Evan Bourne was decent, but still was botched in a few places.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The best part about punk is his ability to just out of nowhere propel himself to the main event, even during/after a really, really bad angle.

He did it after he was squashed by taker, he did it when he spent a month or two off injured, he did it this week, too.

Punk has the ability to snatch the spotlight and make himself the talk of the wrestling industry like only a handful of individuals do, especially with the current batch of writers.

I can only imagine the kinds of work he could have done if he were in the WWF or WCW or even ECW during the attitude era instead of the indy scene and IWA Mid-South.

Bootaaay said:
All Wheels Wrestling results;

five minute time period ... another five minute match ...

Ultimate All Wheels Wrestling Logo Match

So....
three matches
and two of them were
5 minutes long
. Is this a half hour show?

(truthfully, a
mini-ironman
sounds interesting, except that when you do that, you end up with people being laid out constantly with moves that are considered feeble otherwise)

Bryan1321

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
The best part about punk is his ability to just out of nowhere propel himself to the main event, even during/after a really, really bad angle.

Now that you talk about this, if remeber correctly the best match of Over The limit 2010 was Punk vs Mysterio, and it was preceded by a lose at mania, and win at extreme rules.

My point is, no matter what, this is the only thing i remeber from that PPV and im certain, that many of the only things i rember from raw or Smackdown are from CM Punk itself

So.... Please dont go! Dont goooo

yes im hearing the song

no the lyrics had nothing to do with this

Kccitystar

x Power Pad Death Stomp x said:
Or.......Cena debuts a new shirt. And overcomes odds.

WWE Logic meme incoming:

KQCgN.jpg

T5e8R.jpg

OK now that I posted those images out of the way, in regards to a previous discussion a few pages back, I don't have an issue with John Cena.

I think he's a great worker, and of course like every good worker, there are some aspects people will like and some aspects people won't like. I just feel like while he's always overcoming odds all the time, while it'll still sell merch to all the Little Jimmy's out there and get the parents to buy the PPV, it's detrimental to the entire product as a whole, and that's a long term problem. When CM Punk mentioned in that shoot promo on RAW that he hates the idea that John Cena is the "best", that hit all the bases to me as to why I don't like Cena being WWE Creative's core focus for most of RAW.

I mean, to me, at this point in his career, Cena has nothing to lose but the heels he fights against have everything to gain. To me, he's essentially "bulletproof".

I mean honestly, if CM Punk wins this feud, Cena will not look bad at all and the storyline will get a hell of a lot more interesting. People will still buy his shirts, still buy anything with his face on it and things won't revert to the status quo where people cry "same old shit" over and over.

Then again, seeing Creative drop the ball multiple times, I don't exactly have that hope that people still want to hold on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom