• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

That's a title that was never KO's in the first place

daniel-bryan-retiring-wwe.jpg
That or Seff's neck beard

Some new Brits off to SHIMMER apparently, including Nixon Newell from the looks of it.

Good stuff (not that I'll ever get to see the footage)

Largo

Hi WrassleGaf, long time listener, first time caller.

So I'm trying to work out the presale tickets for NXT Brooklyn, but all these seats kinda suck. Do they not release ringside/lower floor seats until Saturday or is this one of those 'refresh constantly' situations.

Or: How do I Ticketmaster?

Strax

Former Germany Goalkeeper Tim Wiese To Train At WWE Performance Center

"Former Werder Bremen and Germany goalkeeper Tim Wiese has been invited by Triple H to train with the WWE as he transitions his career from professional football to wrestling.

Triple H made the following comments to WWE.com: "Tim is tenacious. He continues to be very vocal in his desire to prove that he has what it takes, and he has shown tremendous resilience and determination to create an opportunity for himself. This is his break to walk his talk. If all goes well in Florida, he will get his chance in the ring."

Wise commented: "I have been training hard for this, and I am excited for the opportunity. No matter what it takes, my goal is to be in that WWE ring this November. I want that match!""

I came in here to possibly see some shit about Tim Wiese and I am disappointed. Guess no one knows the guy here.

Now I learn that Tommy End is possibly also going to WWE? Man WWE stealing all that wXw talent...

I know of him!

i know that he was an average goalkeeper who used copious amounts of hairgel

Oh c'mon dude was a top 30-50 goalkeeper in the world for 4-5 years.

Menome

So I'm trying to work out the presale tickets for NXT Brooklyn, but all these seats kinda suck. Do they not release ringside/lower floor seats until Saturday or is this one of those 'refresh constantly' situations.

Generally, for any event I've bought tickets for through Ticketmaster, there'll be a selected amount of the very-good seats set aside for pre-sale and then the rest will be released for the general public along with the remainder of 'normal' seats.

Chances are that today's allocation has just gone very quickly as NXT is getting a lot more popular, so it's best to try your luck tomorrow as soon as the booking opens. After that, you're stuck with after-market prices.

I think most of them have been snapped up already because the pre-sale started hours ago.

Largo

Thanks. I logged in right when the presale started, but hadn't seen anything that isn't way up in the upper seats since then. I figured if it was going to be my first show in person, might as well go big. I'll try again Saturday, I suppose.

Striker

Cena did great things with the US title now it's in no where land
It's the typical "we will write around the US title" (and give applicable promo time and PPV importance) when a golden boy has it but revert it back to "who cares?" when anyone else gets it.

UberTag

It's the typical "we will write around the US title" (and give applicable promo time and PPV importance) when a golden boy has it but revert it back to "who cares?" when anyone else gets it.
They've been doing a terrible job of protecting former champs these days which also undercuts any value title belts might have. Kalisto was staving off all challengers for the US title for months and now gets unceremoniously squashed by Baron Corbin a couple of weeks after losing the belt to build up some mid-card program with Ziggler. Zack Ryder won a ladder match at Wrestlemania for the Intercontinental title against elite competition and doesn't even rate television on a weekly basis. Even Sheamus had a cup of coffee with the world title after toting around the Money in the Bank briefcase for half a year and is now in a go-nowhere program with greener than green Apollo Crews that elevates nobody.

If they're so committed to cutting bait on former champs and making them out to be chopped liver as soon as they lose the belt, then why in the hell should I be invested in them when they have the thing?

There's no way the WWE could write that much content in such a small time frame.
Sounds like they need a 2nd room with 29 soap opera writers that last for 3 months to supplement the one on RAW. And when you say "write content", what you really mean is to write enough material for one show and then repeat it to death for 6 weeks while they swap wins back and forth instead of actually, you know, developing a feud from beginning to end to build up talent and fuel interest.

It isn't WWE's call to make.

USA are in charge when it comes to TV on their station.
Why don't they make Raw 4 hours after every network special? And add a 3rd show along with Raw and Smackdown to recap the shit that doesn't happen from the other two shows?
I mean, if fans will gladly watch 10 hours of WWE content a week from Sunday through until Wednesday... why not 12? Why not 15?

Top Bottom