• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean it depends what's turning you off about it

One time I watched it, there was a dude wearing an Iron Man plastic helmet and a 300 cloak for his entrance attire. The other time I watched it, it featured a man nonstop beating the shit out of a woman.

CkZhzOgVEAAJgfG.jpg:large

"Thanks for helping me hire all those nihonjin, Bruce."

klonere

Banned
One time I watched it, there was a dude wearing an Iron Man plastic helmet and a 300 cloak for his entrance attire. The other time I watched it, it featured a man nonstop beating the shit out of a woman.

I mean it does say a lot when arguably the most successful indie on the go is an Attitude Era tribute.

Fucking wrestling fans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That is depressing. I don't understand why they weren't the Colons as opposed to weird travel agents.

Fox318

Man I just feel sorry for the Colons.

Forget the Reigns push this and The New Day's original gimmick is what shows where Vince has lost it.

Tom Nook

Sign Carlito and have him be with the Colons. This would be another trio team to face the stale New Day. If that does not work, release them.

Of course Vince will just give them another gimmick.

Raw64life

Just scored 4 NXT Brooklyn tickets off the pre-sale. Section 107. Pumped.

Initially got in for shit seats in Section 215 and then Ticketmaster took a dump on my face and gave me some random error page so I just kept refreshing like a mad men and eventually scored much better seats. Feels so good to beat that shitty Ticketmaster system.

Sephzilla

How in the actual fuck did the Shining Stars even make it to TV with that gimmick? That was the most obvious dead-on-arrival shit Mantaur.

imBask

Banned
They want to appeal to a certain demographic, just like when Khali was around. He was hot garbage but he wasn't meant to be popular here

Anth0ny

if they don't like the material they are given, they should pull a cody and make a name for themselves elsewhere

in reality, they probably don't give a fuck considering how much money they are making.

klonere

Banned
What's worse

1) Mexiamerica
2) Shining Stars
3) Rollins return as heel (made worse by airing the super babyface documentary the following week)
4) Face New Day
5) Every single Roman Reigns WHC feud except AJ Styles

I'm still pretty sure its still Mexiamerica since it ruined months of excellent work by Cena, completely fucked ADR up and was the end of Zeb.

Rollins hurts the most though.

Sephzilla

What's worse

1) Mexiamerica
2) Shining Stars
3) Rollins return as heel (made worse by airing the super babyface documentary the following week)
4) Face New Day

I'm still pretty sure its still Mexiamerica since it ruined months of excellent work by Cena, completely fucked ADR up and was the end of Zeb.

Meximerica was infuriatingly bad because it ruined all of the work Cena and Rusev did making the US title mean something again, all to give Alberto Del Rio another push even though the fucker never does anything with any push he's ever gotten.

imBask

Banned
What's worse

1) Mexiamerica
2) Shining Stars
4) Face New Day

i'll say Rollins, since he's in the main event picture... this is the most important feud in the company right now and it makes no sense whatsoever

XenoRaven

What's worse

1) Mexiamerica
2) Shining Stars
4) Face New Day

Mexamerica - Made absolutely no sense

Shining Stars - Mr. Magoo could have seen this was going nowhere

Rollins return - He left as a heel and they need top heels. The only thing I don't like is how cowardly they make him look, but this is the only way WWE knows how to book heels and this topic has been done to death so w/e.

New Day - They seem to still get a reaction from what I've observed. If they were still doing this schtick as heels people would still be getting sick of it. People would also be calling for them to turn face. I don't think it really matters whether they're face or heel.

Roman Reigns - Weird how Roman's best feud was one where his main antagonist wasn't afraid of him, didn't run away, and didn't cheat to get an advantage.

Shining Stars sticks out as the worst to me. Like you took two guys that weren't over, made them matadors, they still didn't get over, then turned them back into regular guys and expected them to get over. We didn't forget who Primo and Epico are. Also, are they supposed to be heels or faces? All they do is talk about how nice Puerto Rico is. Is that supposed to make me mad? Puerto Rico seems like a nice place. I don't get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been working on an academic analysis of contemporary pro wrestling, Jesse, and I've come up with a theory that I call "The New Kayfabe." In it, I argue that now that everyone is a smark, and everyone knows wrestling is fake, WWE uses sincerity to work the smarks into believe that while X is clearly a work, Y is a shoot and thus they must believe it. I think the Seth Rollins documentary is a perfect example of The New Kayfabe. They're showing the audience what they want them to see, yet the smarks believe that Seth Rollins on "WWE 24/7" is the real thing, as opposed to Seth Rollins on "Monday Night Raw."

People shouldn't sleep on this post.

imBask

Banned
Rollins return - He left as a heel and they need top heels. The only thing I don't like is how cowardly they make him look, but this is the only way WWE knows how to book heels and this topic has been done to death so w/e.

but they spent 15 minutes building him as a face during RAW, in a good video package... but then turned him heel in the last 2 minutes

klonere

Banned
lmao on that list I forgot to specify that it was original face New Day and not current New Day which definitely isn't great but isn't on the level of anything else on the list.

Top Bottom