• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Recall

I'm fairly certain those character models are a bit harder to mess with than No Mercy's "paste a wrestler's face on a body"

Even DOR's CAW mode was pretty underwhelming.

In No Mercy you can make pretty much anyone, in Smackdown Here Comes the Pain you could too. Even the Fire Pro released at the same time (I think Fire Pro A) had near unlimited CAW potential.

I'm not going to play The Raw side because fuck HHH but it felt like they just copied what would be the raw story. It's basically Evolution. I wouldve preferred to stay in development lol.

Yeah also unlike No Mercy there are no branch points if you lose certain matches, it's just keep trying until you win.

Ithil

I'm not going to play The Raw side because fuck HHH but it felt like they just copied what would be the raw story. It's basically Evolution. I wouldve preferred to stay in development lol.

Yes, the SD story was just copypasted from the RAW one.
DOR2 has a better story mode if I recall, it's longer and features both brands instead of a Pokemon Red/Blue scenario.

DOR2 has a better story mode if I recall, it's longer and features both brands instead of a Pokemon Red/Blue scenario.

The new ministry, featuring Charlie Hass and Shelton Benjamin if I recall, it was pretty chuckle worthy.
Raw was the better option.

Kaladin

WWE has announced that an interview with Triple H will be streaming on Facebook live after NXT Takeover: The End goes off the air.

Yeah also unlike No Mercy there are no branch points if you lose certain matches, it's just keep trying until you win.
That's onw thing that sucks about a lot of the wwe games, hey just win win win so we don't have to go through the trouble of making something new.

I knew it had to be since I read that 2 starts off from 1 before I played it. 2 doesn't even care of you just played the SD portion but in the end as usual it involves hhh looking good or having some play in it. I aaid fuck it.

Ingrained into my mind that one was.
"Damn I hate seeing her go, but I love watching her leave, holla!" - Teddy Long on Torrie Wilson
I think that was 2006?

Jericho gored through the sd set! But they set it back up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE has announced that an interview with Triple H will be streaming on Facebook live after NXT Takeover: The End goes off the air.
They're escaping the cage at the same time and doing the blow-off yet again on MITB.

UberTag

They're escaping the cage at the same time and doing the blow-off yet again on MITB.
That actually wouldn't be a terrible idea.
I wouldn't mind seeing NXT feuds cameo on network specials every so often.
Like the tag titles match between The Revival and Enzo & Big Cass at Roadblock.

yyXEzpQl.jpg

I hate that, in Dudley matches, D-Von takes the pinfall mostly.

I hate that, in APA matches, Farooq takes the pinfall mostly. Farooq is the man who should've won the title in 97 from Taker.

uJVUrAY.gif

Hawk coked to the gills. Georgia in '83 had a real collection of drug addicts and nutjobs in the locker room, I think that's one thing that's changed for the better - guys today may take more risks in the ring, but they take better care of themselves in the way they live their lives. The flipside is that there just isn't as much intensity in today's wrestling characters, few truly big personalities.

jmdajr

uJVUrAY.gif

Hawk coked to the gills. Georgia in '83 had a real collection of drug addicts and nutjobs in the locker room, I think that's one thing that's changed for the better - guys today may take more risks in the ring, but they take better care of themselves in the way they live their lives. The flipside is that there just isn't as much intensity in today's wrestling characters, few truly big personalities.

Coked up Warrior, Macho, Hogan. Those were the days.

Rock and Stone Cold were pretty intense. But yeah. I miss dudes that were literally flipping the fuck out.

BFIB

I hate that, in Dudley matches, D-Von takes the pinfall mostly.

I hate that, in APA matches, Farooq takes the pinfall mostly. Farooq is the man who should've won the title in 97 from Taker.
Simmons was crazy underutilized in WWF. Instead, Vince saw dollar signs in Ahmed Johnson.

uJVUrAY.gif

I was jist reading that Hawk and Macho Man fought each other over pizza in 96 then fought again in 99 lol.

UberTag

Simmons was crazy underutilized in WWF. Instead, Vince saw dollar signs in Ahmed Johnson.
Simmons got more use in the WWE post-retirement after giving birth to his iconic "DAMN!" catchphrase that never stopped being funny.

I still wonder, would Ahmed beat Taker since he was supposed to fight him the ppv after Ron did. Vince probably didn't like the fact that he didn't make Farooq the man he was. NOD was awesome though, I wish that Farooq formed some other group to combat The new nationa.

Kaladin

I will never understand what Vince saw in Ahmed Johnson. He was the biggest waste of muscle mass in the attitude era. Guy had no charisma, nothing that made him special in the ring, he was just bland as fuck.

Top Bottom