• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

So Nakamura/Joe at Brooklyn

That seems to be the plan, at the moment, but the brand split makes all the NXT plans right now irrelevant. Like I said in the Takeover thread, Alvarez said today on his radio show that NXT can be planning whatever they want. When the draft happens and the rosters shake out, it could change all the plans NXT has. Nothing has really been decided on in terms of who all will be called up during the brand split.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, Joe/Nakamura is the one totally money match they have in NXT left. I don't think they're going to drop it. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of them is doing double duty a la Kevin Owens by the time SS rolls around (he took his title rematch in NXT after the entire 3-match Cena series happened).

UberTag

I mean, Joe/Nakamura is the one totally money match they have in NXT left. I don't think they're going to drop it. I also wouldn't be surprised if one of them is doing double duty a la Kevin Owens by the time SS rolls around (he took his title rematch in NXT after the entire 3-match Cena series happened).
Yeah, getting called up to the main roster via the draft doesn't mean all NXT programs are null and void. They can still plan around certain guys.
Sasha worked her NXT program with Bayley post-call up as well.
Now they might be screwed in terms of having certain NXT talent available for touring dates. But they should still be in play to work any needed tapings 'til they're formally written off the brand.

I actually just noticed that the next NXT tapings after tomorrow will actually occur the Wednesday after the Draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until then to really start building Brooklyn stuff.

reignsidiot3zkl2.gif

dat toe

I wonder who the new female talent was that Triple H hinted at? One is almost certainly Athena considering she finally got an NXT name in a dark match tonight (Amber Moon). Wonder if there are others signed that we haven't heard about.

somedevil

Ellering's guys already seem more competent than Braun.

Well one is a former MMA fighter and the other is a wrestler like Jordan and Gable from Canada.

So they are more natural then a strongman to get it quicker.

Legion of Uce

They are not Samoan. One is from Albania.

I wonder who the new female talent was that Triple H hinted at? One is almost certainly Athena considering she finally got an NXT name in a dark match tonight (Amber Moon). Wonder if there are others signed that we haven't heard about.

Well they still have Nikki Storm as well.

Ithil

I assume Athena/Nikki Storm, they're the only ones with a lot of experience that have been signed recently.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, getting called up to the main roster via the draft doesn't mean all NXT programs are null and void. They can still plan around certain guys.
Sasha worked her NXT program with Bayley post-call up as well.
Now they might be screwed in terms of having certain NXT talent available for touring dates. But they should still be in play to work any needed tapings 'til they're formally written off the brand.

I don't think Balor will come up until after that European tour - he is heavily advertised for it. I guess that's next week, actually I thought it was farther out than that. So it's not a long time at all.

UberTag

I don't think Balor will come up until after that European tour - he is heavily advertised for it.
Balor is working all of those dates. And then he can make an appearance at Money in the Bank and join The Club.
I don't see him taping any television tomorrow.

Wagram

Good PPV, but I think i liked Extreme Rules better. Nothing tonight was as good as the Fatal 4 Way at that PPV, but really solid matches overall.

Angry Grimace

Balor is working all of those dates. And then he can make an appearance at Money in the Bank and join The Club.
I don't see him taping any television tomorrow.

I thought that tour was July, but I guess its literally next week before MITB.

Ultratech

Caught up on LU:

-Nunchunk Match was really damn entertaining. Watch it!
-RIP Chavo
-Tag Match was pretty good too before it kinda devolved into a spotfest.
-DAT ENDING

Zach

Eric Bischoff is such a know-nothing schmuck. What was he thinking bringing in these No Limit Soldier busters? No one ever trust this man again. Definition of a flash in the pan.

Ithil

NevilleMania: The Game that Gravity Forgot.

Stretch goals include playable guest characters Ricochet and Will Ospreay.

Cagey

Banned
My man No Way Jose has to be standing backstage saying what the fuck is this shit when Andrade Almas walks out totally in his NXT lane with that white getup.

UberTag

Meltzer loves him some lucha masks, though, while WWE just don't get masks, they never really have.
Perhaps one day Hunico will carve out a role in creative and talent relations and bring his love of masks to the rest of the company.

Gurrry

Just finished watching takeover and breaking ground. Good shit all around.

I really hope they do more breaking ground because damn, what an amazing look we get. You really feel for these people after watching this. It humanizes these larger than life figures we see every week.

It sucks jordan and gable lost.. but I feel like they are in store for much bigger things than just a tag title. They are primed for the main roster.

Nakamura is amazing as always.

Ithil

Unsurprising excerpts from the Observer, NXT is going to look very different by the Autumn.
Even though HHH made a comment as though he thought it would happen, but didn’t know, among those involved with NXT we’re told “NXT is being raided for the draft big time” and that a lot more will be known shortly. It only makes sense given they need to add to the talent depth to have two strong rosters.
The company has been aggressively pursuing talent to start in NXT in September. They’ve also been telling people who they’ve signed not to let anyone know. There have been reports regarding Tommy End being one of those people. He’s scheduled to undergo medical testing and will be offered a contract if he passes.

Blue, haven't been home to get a chance to watch NXT The End. And where I was at earlier no access to comp and saw Lucha & CMLL instead

Cagey

Banned
I've given it nearly a year and Asuka still isn't anything great.

She's short. She's skinny fat. Her strikes are two degrees from Shane o Mac. She's not believable at all as some bad ass killer in looks or movement.

She's Japanese Paige. Paigu, if you will. No thanks.

I've given it nearly a year and Asuka still isn't anything great.

She's short. She's skinny fat. Her strikes are two degrees from Shane o Mac. She's not believable at all as some bad ass killer in looks or movement.

She's Japanese Paige. Paigu, if you will. No thanks.
image.php

NaturalDishonestGerbil-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom