• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Cagey

Banned
She's still better than all the women though so... I mean, name one female wrestler in the WWE better.
Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Natalya, Bayley despite my not being a fan of the character, etc.

Hell, Nikki before her injury.

At some point the "this person is awesome because they were awesome in (indie / Japan)" mystique fades.

whoa.png
whoa.png
whoa.png

she's not ripped or anything but she looks great bro.
Wife walked in while I'm watching that match and asked why the small wrestler was a soft body. If that's your thing, won't stop ya man.

all 4 horsewomen are better than asuka tho, i'll agree with that.

the crowd really pumps her up as a female brock lesnar but she's not as intimidating as they try to make her. the killer-eyes thing is creepy too in a perverted way.

Cagey

Banned
The wife thinks Reigns is awful.

Glad to have a fan, though.

the crowd really pumps her up as a female brock lesnar but she's not as intimidating as they try to make her. the killer-eyes thing is creepy too in a perverted way.
Maybe it's just the disconnect from what she actually is and the character she's working with.

I don't think she sucks, she's clearly good in the ring for the most part. I'd rather she just liked absorbing pain masochistically and "can wrestle well" than this mini Brock nonsense.

giphy.gif

T4YKaRY.gif

Yeah, ok.

I love all the horsewomen, really I do. Hell, they've exclusively been my avatars for a year plus. But none of them are as good technically as Asuka. It's really not even close. She's fluid and fast in the ring in a way none of them are. Becky is comparable from a pure technical standpoint, but she's not as fast. Sasha is comparable from a speed and excitement standpoint, but she's not as clean and effortless. Asuka can combine those two aspects in the ring, so that puts her on a different level. That being said, I can't wait to see her in the ring with all of them.

tfw you're the only one in wrassle-gaf without a wife.....

good gifs, maybe i haven't been watching enough asuka matches. i kind of lapsed off of nxt after the last takeover.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've given it nearly a year and Asuka still isn't anything great.

She's short. She's skinny fat. Her strikes are two degrees from Shane o Mac. She's not believable at all as some bad ass killer in looks or movement.

She's Japanese Paige. Paigu, if you will. No thanks.
This post sucks.

Pikma

Banned
The old "wife walked in to immediately support my opinion I'm giving now" thing is getting played out.
Nah I like it, the fact that everyone here is 60 yo and mention their wives on every ocassion they have makes me feel waaaay younger than I am, which is nice

DMczaf

Honestly I feel like I need to play my executive decision card on this thread title at get BROTHER NERO up in there.

I didn't mind the Asuka-Nia Jax match much despite dreading it. It was short enough which probably helped, not even sure if it was even ten minutes long but for the most part I enjoyed it. Could see a build-up to a triple-threat with Bayley added into the mix for Brooklyn.

Just caught up on The End

Kind of mediocre overall. Tag match was great. Asuka vs. Nia Jax was awesome, which I didn't expect. 10/10 finish

Main event was a snoozefest

Nakamura/Aries was a solid match. Started off slow like "welp, it's definitely not Nakamura/Zayn" but eventually they found a groove with counters everywhere. Good stuff by the end

Opening match was fine

Was a step above a weekly episode

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Asuka match was just weird to me. Jax learned how to wrestle her size at least.

Nakamura/Aries was the best match on the card. Tag match seemed like the last TakeOver except the finish got countered.

Main event was overcooked as fuck. Easily the worst of their matches and had no business still being on the card imo.

I liked Stupid Sexy La Sombra. Dillinger is randomly over as fuck. When did that happen? It was mentioned in the Observer newsletter from today that he's gotten attention backstage and might get a big push.

Angry Grimace

How did Sombra do?
He had a dumb hat. It was a fine intro match, maybe not as flashy as I would have expected. Tye Dillinger is really over for some reason so it kind of made Sombra seem like a random guy.

Adree

Paul Ellering got a 'who are you' chant?

Do you people see why I shit on Full Sail now?

Pretty sure they were chanting at the twin meat piles in the ring.

I didn't immediately recognize Paul either, hell it's been awhile since he's been on tv.

Hex

Banned

I will respond to you.
I disagree.
I will not even acknowledge the other person, too much knuckle dragging.
People have good matches when they are in the ring with better people, plus Asuka is still having to learn to adjust so she does not legit knock people out

I enjoyed the main event quite a bit.

Although this is coming from someone who only watches the takeover specials. I don't watch nxt every week.

Striker

Pretty sure they were chanting at the twin meat piles in the ring.

I didn't immediately recognize Paul either, hell it's been awhile since he's been on tv.
If anything, it distinctly shows wrestling fans these days literally chant [for] anything. There is no patience and they want the big explosion, like it is a Michael Bay film.

UberTag

If anything, it distinctly shows wrestling fans these days literally chant [for] anything. There is no patience and they want the big explosion, like it is a Michael Bay film.
The sad part is that they apparently need big explosions to distract them from the allure of their smartphones.
Whereas before smartphones they would actually, you know, watch the match and get invested in momentum shifts and hot tags and the like.

Kuroyume

Banned

They were chanting "This is awesome" when Finn and Joe entered the ring. That's before the match even began. I was like... What's awesome? Two guys just standing in the ring waiting for the ref to start the match?

Top Bottom