• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

MC Safety

The NXT crowd is way too into itself. Everything was a chant, and when they ran out of stuff to chant they hummed theme songs.

I'm glad Nia Jax got her spotlight. She did well, and it's good they got rid of those ridiculous plates she wore on her shoulders and hips.

Asuka is awesome even when she's paired with lesser talent.

Rewatching Takeover, the tag match is great but who are the new guys who jumped Gable and Jordan after the finish?
From what I've read, they're called (spoiler tagged just in case)
Sunny Dhinsa and Gzim Selmani, allegedly called the Authors of Pain.
They have wrestled previously at house shows but this seems to be their official debut.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ellering looks awesome for 62.
tumblr_o8hb67Zdxu1triic3o1_1280.png

tumblr_o8hb67Zdxu1triic3o2_1280.png
Dude looks like an Iron Man Villain

Adree

The NXT crowd is way too into itself. Everything was a chant, and when they ran out of stuff to chant they hummed theme songs.

I'm glad Nia Jax got her spotlight. She did well, and it's good they got rid of those ridiculous plates she wore on her shoulders and hips.

Asuka is awesome even when she's paired with lesser talent.

I thought this Nia match was way better than the Takeover with Bayley where Bayley basically just rode on her back for 10 minutes. Nia should be doing powerbombs galore and flinging girls like she did Asuka.

klonere

Banned
NXT seems like kind of a dud. I might actually skip watching it back for a while, I've got like twenty million other things to watch still.

Can't believe I'm saying that about a Takeover but here we are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Susumu working K-Dojo show
1465386700230w3xl2.jpg

Hopefully it gets uploaded. K-Dojo is the most unreliable promotion to find online. Taka get your shit together.

Adree

NXT seems like kind of a dud. I might actually skip watching it back for a while, I've got like twenty million other things to watch still.

I enjoyed it. The Sombra and main events were sort of duds but I find Takeovers eminently watchable so I didn't really mind. Worth it to see AA vs Revival put on another thrilling match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had an idea to take some of the more famous wrestling moments and dub chants over it

BATB 96?
'Macho was right'
clap clap clap clap clap
'Heenan called it'
clap clap clap clap clap

Zbyscko turns on Bruno?
'Fuck you Larry'
clap clap clap clap clap

Aiii

So not worth it
I've severely fallen out of love with wrestling as a whole and I can't really point to a reason as to why. Not sure if it's me that changed, or wrestling.

UberTag

I've severely fallen out of love with wrestling as a whole and I can't really point to a reason as to why. Not sure if it's me that changed, or wrestling.
I blame Vince McMahon. That plus most wrestling circuits out there are either stale (like WWE) or in crippling transition periods because the WWE raided all of their choice talent.
My prescription... watch the Hardys feud on TNA. The locals seem to love Matt Hardy referring to Jeff as Brother Nero. You'll want to join in with them. Be part of the cool crowd.

I keep a list of chants that need to go away. This is awesome has sat near the top of that list for a while.
I hope the "what" chant is still #1.

Recall

I like Nia Jax a lot I just wish Asuka did a little more to earn the win, Jax dished out far more punishment than she took.

somedevil

Its was a very good show. Who said it was a dud? A 8 out of 10 show is a dud now?

i'm actually gonna watch slammiversary thanks to Matt Hardy transforming into Raising Arizona-era Nicolas Cage with the hair of modern Nicolas Cage.

that contract signing between him and Brother Nero worked.

klonere

Banned
Its was a very good show. Who said it was a dud? A 8 out of 10 show is a dud now?

I think I'm in the wrestling twitter bubble, here's what my impressions were from the feedback.

Nia/Asuka: Nia isn't good, Asuka has been a failed experiment as champion. Not good.
Tag: Good, as usual. People mad that at Full Sail not recognizing Paul Ellering.
Aries/Nakamerica: TV match at best. Aries is the worst indie wrestler of all time and should be let go.
Sombra/Dillinger: A Full Sail/PC gimmick overshadowed Sombra. Sombra didn't do so great. Sombra's gear is trash.
Finn/Joe: Finn is the most overpushed wrestler in the entire industry and is very bad. Joe salvaged the match to be somewhat of a slog with a nice finish.

NXT was never well liked by the absolute hardcore smarks so having the shine come off it with the recently very weak TV probably had them chomping on the bit to shit all over it. I can't say I was very excited about it either tbh!

Aiii

So not worth it
The only problem I have with Matt Hardy verse Jeff Hardy is that Jeff isn't using his Willow the Wisp persona.

orioto

Good Art™
Takeover was certainly not the best ever... but it was fine.

_I didn't care for la sombra, he showed nothing interesting.
_The tag match was great but those four have a way of rushing everything like it's some sort of non stop action that doesn't help the psychology to me
_Aries/Nakamura was the best match of the card. Incredibly tight in their exchanges and really different from the Zayn one. It was like an indy flip flop match but done by actual wrestlers who fight and not dancers on ice.
_I never cared for Asuka, and i really tried a lot. But i can't.. So when she has this type of opponent it's the worst.. And that monster detroyed finisher hahaha, come on, ask Umaga how it's done (well you can't :'( )
_Main event meh. I couldn't care, don't know if it was cause i was tired but i'm generally bored with Balor anyway.. And Joe works in long japanese like wrestling matches.

I'm as deep inside the wrestling bubble as anyone (you know it's bad when you watch a fucking HEAT UP match because Minoru Tanaka and a guy with a really great judo throw are on it), but I thought TakeOver: The End was entertaining.

I hope that Nia/Asuka match continues Nia's evolution, she needs to be more of a "killer" and I hope that's what is gained from this one, too bad she isn't like 7-10 years younger, she started pretty late in the game regardless of who her family is. She still needs a lot of work and it's too bad WWE doesn't hire a full time acting/vocal coach to train talent in ways of speaking in a intimidating manner.

You guys are getting me pretty pumped for Impact, sucks that it's on tape delay here, so it'll be a week until I catch up fully and of course by then it'll be a week old lol.

I'm as deep inside the wrestling bubble as anyone (you know it's bad when you watch a fucking HEAT UP match because Minoru Tanaka and a guy with a really great judo throw are on it), but I thought TakeOver: The End was entertaining.

Same here. Andrade looked pretty good for his debut, the tag match was a real fun sprint, Nakamura vs Aries was was fine (although Aries control segment really dragged, I definitely think he's lost a step over where he was a couple of years ago), I really liked Nia vs Asuka, Nia looked really nervous in the outset but became more comfortable as the match wore on, easily her best performance yet. The main event ended up good, but I hate escape rules cage matches and I hate that the demon shit has no real impact on Finn's in ring performance. Finish was good, right guy won.

Not the best TakeOver by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a solid show all-round.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would you debut your next big face for your 'promotion' against the popular
meme
wrestler at Full Sail?

klonere

Banned
I guess I just read stuff from people who had the knives out. The kind of people who think the current Evolve story with EC3 is a shoot, brother.

Speaking of Evolve, this little mini-doc on Thatcher has gotten way back on board with his whole run, despite being super down on it before. Whoever is doing these has some fantastic talent, the way this particular one finishes up is incredible. I just want to see Thatcher beat up all of Catch Point now. Except maybe Riddle. Riddle is the future, even if he is like, 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMHxmYYoNA

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ultimately, I probably do shockingly agree with Meltzer this time.

As much as Stupid Sexy Sombra is a looker, I ultimately think he lost a lot of the charisma he had as the masked mastodon, La Sombra. He's still got it, but it's diminished. Especially the mystery of it. And his mask was so cool that they could have made a ton of money off of it. But at the same time, WWE is so shitty at building up masked guys. Hell, wrestling as a hole lately has been pretty shitty about building up masked guys in the last decade or so.
tumblr_o5szx9HqLO1sbzhteo1_400.gif

But he also should totally be a heel.

Top Bottom