• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

klonere

Banned
Fuck it

vTLqucq.png

The show must be hella undersold, those are practically ringside tickets and the show is on Tuesday. 3 Arena is where main roster house shows run though.

klonere

Banned
K is 11 rows back, far from ringside friend.

heh, your right. the only other time I was in the 3 was at some gig of a friends band and was in row K as well (according to tickets) but got moved up to the front due to blagging a photographers pass, so that was my frame of reference.

still its on the floor. who knows. you still can buy ringside tickets but they are €150 so fuck that shit.

So with Miz gone is Sheamus getting that whole 'I am a great movie-star' thing? To be fair to him, TMNT 2 has probably already made more money now then all of Miz's movies together.

Nice of Summer Rae to appear on Smackdown for the first time in ages.

Fox318

Listening to the lapsed fan talk about Over the Edge 99 is stomach turning.

Frankly I don't know how Vince sleeps at night.

Just so awful and such an indictment on Vince, Russo, and the culture of the wrestling locker room.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Just so aweful and such an indictment on Vince, Russo, and the culture of the wrestling locker room.

I honestly think they're almost as bad for covering it. There's just no need to watch this show.

Fox318

Just so awful and such an indictment on Vince, Russo, and the culture of the wrestling locker room.

I honestly think they're almost as bad for covering it. There's just no need to watch this show.
I think the story of Owen illustrates just how much Vince truly cares about his talent.

Same goes with Bret almost dying in a car driving away from goldberg.

These men are wrestlers or maybe better said they are stage performers. They are not stuntmen nor should they be forced to participate in something they are not trained for.

Ugh.

I didn't think they did anything other than WM and Starcades. Does Metlzer chime in on OTE? I've always wanted to hear what he had to say about the event.

klonere

Banned
Of all the indie signings NXT has made, Tommy End is the one I have the absolute lowest amount of confidence in them doing right by. Sad!

XFktELj.gif

Fox318

I didn't think they did anything other than WM and Starcades. Does Metlzer chime in on OTE? I've always wanted to hear what he had to say about the event.
I'm an hour in but I think this show is a must listen.

I doubt dave is on but Jack does such a good job laying things out.

Just imagine all of the last minute creative shit Vince does with writing story and I would never trust my life in this guys hands.

How must have Wade Garret felt when he showed up Monday and they have that giant platform for him ...

Ugh

I'm an hour in but I think this show is a must listen.

I doubt dave is on but Jack does such a good job laying things out.

Just imagine all of the last minute creative shit Vince does with writing story and I would never trust my life in this guys hands.

How must have Wade Garret felt when he showed up Monday and they have that giant platform for him ...

Ugh
Link me please. I have no Internet access other than my phone over the weekend so this and Cornette's 1997 Kayfabe Commentary download will hold me over until Sunday.

Also search for Jimmy K's shoot on it on Austin's podcast. He was the ref that almost got hammered by Owen but Owen told him to move out of the way.

Fox318

Link me please. I have no Internet access other than my phone over the weekend so this and Cornette's 1997 Kayfabe Commentary download will hold me over until Sunday.

Listen to Ep. 95: WWF's Over The Edge 1999 by The Lapsed Fan #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/thelapsedfan/ep-95-wwfs-over-the-edge-1999

http://pca.st/TJgY

I won't lie this is a disturbing episode to listen to. Even if Owen didn't pass away and everything worked out the workplace conditions and the lack of leadership and overhead is disgusting based on what I have read so far.

They are going over the record that Owens wife and legal team have as the timeline of that night.

Then to think they continued the show...

UberTag

My number one draft pick is

3007388781_1_7_SWUZXu8n.gif
The draft is always exciting but I always question the logic behind how they frame it in an episode. The whole randomized graphic of wrestlers that magically stops like a roulette wheel is just silly to me. As if a computer is making these selections.

I would rather see two general managers picking the best of the absolute best themselves and owning said decisions. Even if they mix it up for television by randomizing their Top 10-12 picks for each show and rotating them throughout the night to create suspense (with the rest of the new roster divulged after the last pick is revealed).

At least let me feel like these rosters were hand-picked (which they are) instead of a GM coming off as incompetent and acting as if they won the lottery when they get someone like Cena.

Fox318

The draft is always exciting but I always question the logic behind how they frame it in an episode. The whole randomized graphic of wrestlers that magically stops like a roulette wheel is just silly to me. As if a computer is making these selections.

I would rather see two general managers picking the best of the absolute best themselves and owning said decisions. Even if they mix it up for television by randomizing their Top 10-12 picks for each show and rotating them throughout the night to create suspense (with the rest of the new roster divulged after the last pick is revealed).

At least let me feel like these rosters were hand-picked (which they are) instead of a GM coming off as incompetent and acting as if they won the lottery when they get someone like Cena.
Problem is nobody but Vince will know beforehand.

That type of writing will need some planing if that was a tv show.

Family guy doesn't rewrite the script 10 minutes before airing.

Barrage

Why the first draft was the best draft.

Hopefully they do the same this year.

XenoRaven

A Bojangles just opened up near me and the DOT had to put up a sign warning that traffic would be bad for the next three days on the road the Bojangles opened on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The problem is that it breaks kayfabe to explicitly power rank the wrestlers even though they do it anyways.

Listen to Ep. 95: WWF's Over The Edge 1999 by The Lapsed Fan #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/thelapsedfan/ep-95-wwfs-over-the-edge-1999

http://pca.st/TJgY

I won't lie this is a disturbing episode to listen to. Even if Owen didn't pass away and everything worked out the workplace conditions and the lack of leadership and overhead is disgusting based on what I have read so far.

They are going over the record that Owens wife and legal team have as the timeline of that night.

Then to think they continued the show...
6 hours dayummm! Now let me ask, do they goof around before getting to the nitty gritty? I listened to one of their shows and I just couldn't do it because of the goofing around for 2 hours before giving me what I wanted.

Zach

Timely as f. Maybe I should jump ahead and listen to that...

Fox318

6 hours dayummm! Now let me ask, do they goof around before getting to the nitty gritty? I listened to one of their shows and I just couldn't do it because of the goofing around for 2 hours before giving me what I wanted.
They joke a little but when it gets real they get real.

It's a must listen.

klonere

Banned
holy fuck Ethan Page legit just chucked this guy over the top rope to the floor from a military press position

I think he might be dead, one of the dumbest bumps I've ever seen.

Top Bottom