• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

They joke a little but when it gets real they get real.

It's a must listen.
I'll listen tonight and play No mercy I reckon. The coolest thing I've found reading comments around the web is that most people didn't see this show, they had the scramble vision like myself. I thought some times we were the only ones to so that lol. There was one ppv they gave away for free, I think it was in 99 or 2000.

klonere

Banned
Matt Riddle is disgustingly talented. A man with one year of experience should not be putting on 4+ star matches every time he gets in the ring. Ridiculously good match with Cedric Alexander just now.

WHC Matt Riddle in 2018 probably.

Zach

Where are you at now?

If anything this won't spoil the Starrcade journey.
I've actually just started on the Starrcade casts. I've skipped a lot of stuff -- events past where I am in the chronological journey, a couple random events I didn't want to hear about, a bunch of WresteManias...

The tag division is looking pretty weak rn. Jerishow need another run to legitimize it.
jerishow-msg-entrance-o.gif

They were so perfect for each other, good old school presence from the group.

Fox318

I've actually just started on the Starrcade casts. I've skipped a lot of stuff -- events past where I am in the chronological journey, a couple random events I didn't want to hear about, a bunch of WresteManias...
Honestly you are missing out.

It gives you a good perspective on the industry at the time.

Listen, Fox318, I'm sure you're right, but I'm already consuming a disgusting amount of wrestling, okay? Just cut me some slack here.

I already made that joke, Bluekaveli! God! This is why I've got you pegged for a supplemental draft pick!
Blue drafted to WWECW

Listen, Fox318, I'm sure you're right, but I'm already consuming a disgusting amount of wrestling, okay? Just cut me some slack here.

I already made that joke, Bluekaveli! God! This is why I've got you pegged for a supplemental draft pick!
No no no! Fuck your fucking draft you holey underwearing fucks! You said Appallshow, not Appalling.

ChristianTemperTantrum.gif

The beginning of 2001 has had the most crazy unfolding news ever. I would love a 24 well a special event on the week of Mania 17. The purchase of wCw, them preparing for at the time "possibly the biggest mania of all time", and the ending of it. I know they usually record backstage stuff for Mania so this shouldn't be too hard unless they actually didn't.

But finally hearing the whole Lawler situation is interesting.

The beginning of 2001 has had the most crazy unfolding news ever. I would love a 24 well a special event on the week of Mania 17. The purchase of wCw, them preparing for at the time "possibly the biggest mania of all time", and the ending of it. I know they usually record backstage stuff for Mania so this shouldn't be too hard unless they actually didn't.

If you want a good outside view, the Eyada show w/ Alvarez & Meltzer are floating around from that time and there a good a view as any without the WWE filter.

If you want a good outside view, the Eyada show w/ Alvarez & Meltzer are floating around from that time and there a good a view as any without the WWE filter.
I think I read that Lawler appeared on one of the shows saying he was going to wCw then the purchase happened like 2 weeks later. I could be wrong but I'm going to research that, thank you.

2001 was amazing because of all the craziness.

Secret MVP was Dave and Bryan being increasingly bewildered, taking calls for days from different people wondering "so...WCW's cancelled...but when's it coming back on TV? Like, this is an angle right???"

2001 was amazing because of all the craziness.

Secret MVP was Dave and Bryan being increasingly bewildered, taking calls for days from different people wondering "so...WCW's cancelled...but when's it coming back on TV? Like, this is an angle right???"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VWLT5ev394&app=desktop

Because of the girlfriend who broke up (cheated?) with him a few months later.
Then his cousin posts nude pictures of her on Lawler's site. Fucking shite.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I missed most of it but just looking at the rosters late 2002-2004 WWE is just as crazy. Those rosters looked thrown together at random.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/06/10/jeff-hardy-shane-mcmahon-matt-slammiversary
“Watching Shane, I knew I could top that,” said Hardy. “Every time I watched Shane, I was inspired to do something better.”

Hardy has his own chance to fly this Sunday at TNA’s Slammiversary in a "Full Metal Mayhem" match against his brother, Matt Hardy.

“I’m planning something big for Sunday,” said Hardy. “I’ll take my own path and do it my own way.”

Welll......

“So what if it’s in front of 2,500 people instead of 100,000? I don’t care. It’s all about the moment. That camera is going to be on, and it’s going to become a professional wrestling memory. That’s really important to me–creating moments that last forever.”

Shit lol

Top Bottom