• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Kurita

Do we honestly need another RVD run when you have people like Nakamura, Joe, Balor, Bailey, Asuka, Aries, Alexa Bliss, The Revival, Gable and Jordan, Bobby Roode all under contract doing nothing but glorified house shows in a University gymhall...

Really? You can't think of any alternatives to hiring 40-year-old has-been midcarders back.

Fucking WWE.
Definitely agree
There's a least 5-6 NXT wrestlers you could use right now
Hell, just bring Balor and American Alpha and that's great

why book warrior when you have sid in the 90s?

when sid is a much better version of the warrior. especially for the 90s

It still fucking pisses me of that they tried to retcon Rumble 92 where Sid git a huge cheer for eliminating Hogan. They even had a do-over for that exact spot in the fucking commentary to make it look like Sid was a heel.

Favorite tag belt:

o7OK1Iw.jpg

I'm really fond of the NXT Tag belts but the NXT belt itself i don't like.

Any possibility New Day drop the belts tomorrow, then get split up in the draft?

Or kept together because of that merchandise money?

Either way, they need to drop the belts to shake up the tag division.

Toki767

So WWE 2K16 is...kind of horrible, but I suppose completely decent. The showcase mode with Austin is pretty cool, but it's like...they have to keep censoring any time Howard Finkel says World Wrestling Federation.

Also the announcing in this mode is weird. They try to pretend like they're commentating strictly for that time period, but there are weird inconsistencies here and there. Like Undertaker never called his top rope walking thing Old School until he was biker Taker but JR will call it that during the Austin/Undertaker SummerSlam match.

Also laughed big time that they weren't allowed to say Tyson's name during Austin/HBK at Mania 14. They just kept saying "Enforcer" and they made the guy look like a white Mike Tyson.

But yeah...the gameplay though is just...so weird. You can tell it's still using the same PS1 Smackdown engine, but they try it slow it down so much that it makes it jarring. And the reversal system is just really bad. The timing window on them seems way too narrow.

Then there's the pinfall system...I get they don't want people to use turbo controllers to cheat online and never be pinned, but this system is pretty bad if someone's timing is horrible.

Then there's the submission system...that seemed alright, but seems like a hassle.

The chain wrestling portion is pretty cool though.

I also feel like each wrestler has way less moves than in past games.

Mahonay

Banned
Friends. I'm attending an S&M themed event party in the city with my girlfriend tonight, for her best friend's birthday. Thing looks pretty ridiculous, the tickets we bought are "lovers tickets" for couples. Going to need a stready stream of drinks to get through it.

I look forward to washing it all away tomorrow with MITB.

OK, fill me in. I get this is the one Warrior didn't turn up to and fell out with Vince over, right?

So why is Warrior labelled as the champ? He didn't see a title during that run.
Card subject to change type thing but hbk was champion at the time so you wonder if they were going to make him champion.

Metal Gear Rising is so awesome replaying it now.

Hell yeah it is. With a severe drought in effect for Wii U/PS4 until October I busted out the PS3 to play some classics till then. Dishonored, Vanquish, Zone of the Enders 2, etc.

Did anyone watch Tournament of Death 15 yet? It was my first time watching an actual CZW event and not just clips/gifs of carny mayhem. I mostly had a good time watching tbh.

I'm so not excited for Money in the Bank. I can barely recall what half the matches are gonna be.

Carnby

I hate to say it, but the brand split might ruin my enjoyment. I only watch the PPVs. But having two a month is too much.

Friends. I'm attending an S&M themed event party in the city with my girlfriend tonight, for her best friend's birthday. Thing looks pretty ridiculous, the tickets we bought are "lovers tickets" for couples. Going to need a stready stream of drinks to get through it.

Why? Have you been naughty?

JavyOO7

It's pretty amazing that Pentagon Junior is one of the better talkers of pro wrestling in 2016 and yet a large chunk of people can't understand him.

Transcends words.

Now I listened to it... he has such a great voice.

He is bested by somebody else though.

Atlantis-cmll-lucha+libre+fotos.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
Why? Have you been naughty?
:(

I love my girlfriend's best friend and her fiancé, just the nicest people, but they are into some weird shit. We've had to bounce out of one of their parties when some of their swinger friends started just petting each other and making out.

"WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME..."

Ric flair is a glorified addict and nothing more. He shouldn't have a job, he needs to be in a recovering center. The board of directors need to do something with this so called boss.

Yep. Ideally Gallows and Anderson win the belts, and AJ beats Cena with the aide of The Club.

As long as they look good I'll be happy even if they don't end up winning.

I want to Cena to take a clean pinfall los.

Who am I kidding? If he loses it won't he clean, AJ will either have to lay out him with a chair or have help.

Top Bottom