• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Zach

I'd probably like this significantly more if I were a big fan of Triple H, The Rock, post-injury Austin, and The Undertaker.

Zach

ICP is the most unappealing thing ever. It's incredible that they became something. Good for them.

Sad that I have to see them when my dude Vampiro is wrasslin', though. : (

WCW had loads of batshit insane ideas, some of them were made to work the rest just keft us shaking our heads.

David Arquette as champion being their worst, I wish I could forget it.

Kaladin

Gotta give it to Triple H and William Regal. Ever since they took over talent scouting WWE has signed some amazing names that you would have never expected before.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
From da Meltz:

This (not) gun be good
Honestly I doubt many people like that exist. I mean, sure they can get Rey Mysterio back I guess, but I can't really think of who else is out there and main roster ready even when you consider old as fuck dudes.

Gotta give it to Triple H and William Regal. Ever since they took over talent scouting WWE has signed some amazing names that you would have never expected before.

Definitely and there is news suggesting more interesting new additions to the roster - Damo, Noam Dar etc.

KissVibes

Banned
From da Meltz:

This (not) gun be good

THEY HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE. Just use the fucking ones you have. Use the Outcasts. Use Breezdango. Use the Puerto Rico Stars. Use Ryder. Use Henry. Use Sin Cara. Use Darren Young. Use those fucking guys; Give them legitimate lower-mid card feuds and let them work. Call up some NXT talent if needed. Don't pad the roster out with old idiots like RVD and then never use half the fucking guys you have that are still young.

My biggest issue with WWE is the lack of storylines and feuds in all card levels. I remember when fucking Steve Blackman had a program. Val Venis. The fucking Oddities had shit to do on TV. Not everyone is going to main event, instead of treating all but ten guys like absolute losers give them TV time, let them exist, and let them feud. Instead we're going to see a bunch of old dudes past their prime that probably can't draw enough to fill a fucking bingo hall in 2016 come in and work molasses matches because they are starting to suffer from osteoarthritis. Fantastic. This company is doomed.

Honestly I doubt many people like that exist. I mean, sure they can get Rey Mysterio back I guess, but I can't really think of who else is out there and main roster ready even when you consider old as fuck dudes.

Tajiri
Brian Kendrick
Heidenreich
Matt Morgan
Sylvain Grenier
Rene Dupree
Simon Dean
Rob Conway (which would have come up during the meeting with Bruce Tharpe)
Deuce
Domino

THEY HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE. Just use the fucking ones you have. Use the Outcasts. Use Breezdango. Use the Puerto Rico Stars. Use Ryder. Use Henry. Use Sin Cara. Use Darren Young. Use those fucking guys; Give them legitimate lower-mid card feuds and let them work. Call up some NXT talent if needed. Don't pad the roster out with old idiots like RVD and then never use half the fucking guys you have that are still young.

My biggest issue with WWE is the lack of storylines and feuds in all card levels. I remember when fucking Steve Blackman had a program. Val Venis. The fucking Oddities had shit to do on TV. Not everyone is going to main event, instead of treating all but ten guys like absolute losers give them TV time, let them exist, and let them feud. Instead we're going to see a bunch of old dudes past their prime that probably can't draw enough to fill a fucking bingo hall in 2016 come in and work molasses matches because they are starting to suffer from osteoarthritis. Fantastic. This company is doomed.

This should have been known for a while.

The second they had 5 hours to work with and responded by going back to the Dark HHH Era well of 20 minute opening promos, the writing's been on the wall about how much they care about whoever they have signed or will sign. Everyone's expendable and worthless

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think this means they're looking to bring back random midcarders who happened to have been employed by WWE.

They're probably looking for Rey Mysterio/Chris Jericho types; guys who were big stars at some point and bring name recognition. But guys like that don't really exist. Batista and Rock are like the only dudes like that who are in shape and they're obviously movie stars who ain't coming back.

I mean I guess it's possible this means Kurt Angle's phone is ringing but I'm not holding my breath.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

They can't get Rey

Considering how hard they held onto him not to leave, WWE needs Rey. Rey doesn't want them.

They shouldn't split the roster, but just rotate the talent between the shows. We're going into MITB and every match on the card has been played out at least 3 times already.

I just can't muster up any enthusiasm about WWE at the moment, which is ridiculous as they have more of my favourite wrestlers on their roster than at any point in the last 15 years and are evidently planning on signing a whole bunch more. Good for those guys and girls, but I can't say I'm terribly excited.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just can't muster up any enthusiasm about WWE at the moment, which is ridiculous as they have more of my favourite wrestlers on their roster than at any point in the last 15 years and are evidently planning on signing a whole bunch more. Good for those guys and girls, but I can't say I'm terribly excited.

Nakamura was never my 100% favorite guy, but I enjoyed him a lot in NJPW and since he's gone to NXT my interest in him has just been kinda 'eh I guess I'll watch his match'

AJ has been the closest to making me want to watch WWE product but even then, I've skipped plenty of his WWE stuff.

Angry Grimace

They can't get Rey

Considering how hard they held onto him not to leave, WWE needs Rey. Rey doesn't want them.

Meltzer was saying the opposite because there's a lot of problems with getting paid in Mexico.

I mean, if you're talking about actual stars that are probably in shape to wrestle that aren't with the company its like:

Batista
Rock
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Rey Mysterio
Kurt Angle

and none of those guys are coming back for obvious reasons other than possibly Rey. I mean, I guess its always possible they really mean that they want Carlito back as the leader of the Shining Stars or something, but I find that doubtful. They have a ton of dudes already to be random mid-carders.

Well yeah, booking is typical Vince garbage and there's 2 John Cenas on the roster now.

Kuroyume

Banned
People I want to see return:

Shamrock
Blackman
Stevie Richards (must get opportunity to talk on the mic)
Angle
Psicosis (masked and must use old WCW theme)

I don't know what kind of shape they're in except for Stevie aand Angle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Meltzer was saying the opposite because there's a lot of problems with getting paid in Mexico.

I mean, if you're talking about actual stars that are probably in shape to wrestle that aren't with the company its like:

Batista
Rock
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Rey Mysterio
Kurt Angle

and none of those guys are coming back for obvious reasons other than possibly Rey. I mean, I guess its always possible they really mean that they want Carlito back as the leader of the Shining Stars or something, but I find that doubtful. They have a ton of dudes already to be random mid-carders.

None of that's been reported by the usual luchador trash sheets place and Meltzer barely has any knowledge of that backstage scene. If it was a money issue, Rey was getting paid his regular rate and barely working any shows while he was trying to get out. On merch alone, Rey's a huge money-maker and has already made his fortunes. He's out of the WWE because he hated working for the company in recent years and wanted more time at home and with his family.

Just because Pentagon and others are having payment issues, Rey Mysterio is not having payment issues. Dr Wagner Jr is not having payment issues. Lucha promotions always fuck their little guys while keeping their big names paid to keep them from jumping.

Angry Grimace

None of that's been reported by the usual luchador trash sheets place and Meltzer barely has any knowledge of that backstage scene. If it was a money issue, Rey was getting paid his regular rate and barely working any shows while he was trying to get out. On merch alone, Rey's a huge money-maker and has already made his fortunes. He's out of the WWE because he hated working for the company in recent years and wanted more time at home and with his family.

Just because Pentagon and others are having payment issues, Rey Mysterio is not having payment issues. Dr Wagner Jr is not having payment issues. Lucha promotions always fuck their little guys while keeping their big names paid to keep them from jumping.

I remember reading specifically an item about Rey Mysterio having pay issues in particular in one of the Observer Newsletters. Unfortunately, it's Meltzer so they're impossible to really search, but I'll see if I can find it.

I wouldn't doubt he can't come back mostly based on how the Lucha Underground contracts apparently work (they prevent you from appearing on TV until after a season airs, which is why WWE can't sign Ricochet).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rey's likely unhappy because his doofus best friend got him to come to his company and then left the company and stranded him shortly afterwards.

That doesn't indicate that he's going back to the WWE. I'd expect to see him either retire or go to CMLL. He'll likely work out a deal with the WWE in the future, but you have to keep in mind they were keeping him hostage under contract when he wanted to leave when Rey's already made his money.

Angry Grimace

He absolutely said something about Rey being unhappy a few months ago, I just don't think it was late pay-related

It's from around January-February, I just looked it up and it was pay related. But apparently they also resolved whatever the pay issue was and Meltzer says he thinks his LU contract would prevent him from jumping ship even if he wanted to.

He also said the reason they kept Mysterio on his contract after they stopped using him was because they were concerned LU was going to get a Univision deal which would make them a much bigger competitor than they turned out to be.

I don't mind Rey coming but his matches need a change up. The endlessly predictable 619 setups grew old fucking fast, it'seems like the rest of his moves were totally ignored.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
YKNOW WHOS ONLY 33?
giphy.gif

#TheReturn

you know what though? i'd rather have sin cara back than albertos boring ass. at least sin cara is a good heel.

Top Bottom