• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Aiii

So not worth it
Hope everyone is excited for yet another Balor debut tonight, not sure if the third month in a row for him to debut will be as exciting, but there you go.

KO better win that briefcase though, or I riot mildly chuckle and shake my head.

Adree

Witcher: Blood & Wine is amazing. Was easily the best expansion I've ever played. Puts the main game to shame. CD Projekt Red are like 5 years ahead of everyone else in terms of staging scenes with actors that move around and do stuff and using movie like camera pans.

As for MITB I'm fearing an Ambrose win. I expect Cena to lose his 1 out of 3 match with Styles since if he didn't that would mean Kevin Owens is better than A.J.

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/744356501666430976
qw5NXJyl.png

orioto

Good Art™
Witcher: Blood & Wine is amazing. Was easily the best expansion I've ever played. Puts the main game to shame. CD Projekt Red are like 5 years ahead of everyone else in terms of staging scenes with actors that move around and do stuff and using movie like camera pans.

As for MITB I'm fearing an Ambrose win. I expect Cena to lose his 1 out of 3 match with Styles since if he didn't that would mean Kevin Owens is better than A.J.

KO always beats AJ clean in wwe!

As for the mitb, i don't want to believe an Owens win, cause i don't know, i still don't think he's there (not skill wise obviously but kayfabe wise, he's not in a positition to be put in the main event yet, and giving him the briefcase to be a transitional jobber to Reigns.. what's the point).

I really fear they give it to Ambrose at this point, even though that would be a giant waste cause he's already in that Shield picture, so he doesn't need anything to be in the main event.. They would just use it to give him more momentum...

The odds on Ambrose came waaay in last night. He's 2/9 now. Really don't want him to get it but I guess that Shield triple threat makes too much sense

Pikma

Banned
The odds on Ambrose came waaay in last night. He's 2/9 now. Really don't want him to get it but I guess that Shield triple threat makes too much sense
Fuck that shit, Ambrose doesn't need a shortcut to join the Rollins vs Reigns feud, give someone else the briefcase and have him keep it for a couple of months, until the current Reigns feud ends

I'm tired of Okada

Tough shit.

I don't know how any of you can see all the shit about Kidani calling Okada their big star to build the company around, see reports of them earmarking $5m to spend on promoting Okada and then STILL bitch and moan when Okada, surprise surprise, wins stuff.

There are other promotions. Okada isn't in any of them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tough shit.

I don't know how any of you can see all the shit about Kidani calling Okada their big star to build the company around, see reports of them earmarking $5m to spend on promoting Okada and then STILL bitch and moan when Okada, surprise surprise, wins stuff.

There are other promotions. Okada isn't in any of them.

We'll see where building around one guy gets them when WWE makes him a big enough offer.

Imagine if it was THE Musketeer instead of Three Musketeers. With ol Poochie Okada.

When we get the full list of everyone involved in the Cruiserweight classic, we should run a contest where whoever picks the winner names a certain wrestler the losers have to use as an avatar for a month.

Austin vs Bret though is the perfect example of a guy not needing to win to get over huge. It's a shame most of the time these days the guy who doesn't win doesn't look as strong as Austin did outside of his matches with Bret.

I think a difference is matches now feel like they're set up to show off guys moves. Look at Ziggler, Big E, Dean, AJ, entire IC group. They're all choreographing matches so they can get in their signature moves. "Back then" guys just put on a match and sure Brett would have his elbow thing and the back breaker, but they went back and forth.

It also helps at how natural that particular feud felt. Austin was one of the most perfect characters to pop up at a time when everything was filled with T&A. Brett's heel run was great because the guy was legit upset with the current state of wrestling so it made his Anti-American, Pro-Canada promos even better.

We'll see where building around one guy gets them when WWE makes him a big enough offer.

Imagine if it was THE Musketeer instead of Three Musketeers. With ol Poochie Okada.

So it's 2009 when they decided Tanahashi was the guy. I bet you won't be complaining when Naito gets his Wrestle Kingdom moment.

All I see is 3 jobbers who have been mishandled their entire run and accomplished less than Bray Wyatt and a guy stuck in an eternal feud to make Okada look strong

IQSK4Qy.gif

Bray never even got so much as a whiff of success. At least Naito got to his rightful spot as numero 1, even if it was to #MakeOkadaLookStrong

Zach

Hey, there's a PPV tonight. I won't be watching for obvious reasons, but I just looked at the card and there's some interesting stuff there. Styles/Cena, ladder match, four-way tag. Hopefully it's worth checking out later.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So it's 2009 when they decided Tanahashi was the guy. I bet you won't be complaining when Naito gets his Wrestle Kingdom moment.

2009 WWE wasn't in the middle of being Territories Era Promotion Killers with international talent like 2016 WWE is. Naito's moment was him winning the title. If he wins at WK it won't be near as big of a deal because it will have just been him jumping through hoops to get the title back from the guy he immediately lost ito. Not only that, but Sanada booked to tap out to the jobber of CHAOS kills any feud that They could have done wiht Sanada and Okada inbetween then. Can you explain NJPW's booking of everyone in CHAOS and why they always look incompetent outside of Naito?

Naito is SUPPOSED to be the heel, so he should be the one making Okada jump through every hoop and G1 possible to get his title back. Alternatively, would it hurt to keep Okada out of the title picture for a month even if we ultimately know it's going back to him?

So it's actually being promoted as a WWE vs UFC match?

Makes sense in some ways, you know Vince is eyeing Ronda Rousey and I would wager even though he hasn't said so, he wants Alistair Overeem.

Makes me wonder about Punk as well, haven't hearx kuch for a while but he has been advised to give up.

2009 WWE wasn't in the middle of being Territories Era Promotion Killers with international talent like 2016 WWE is. Naito's moment was him winning the title. If he wins at WK it won't be near as big of a deal because it will have just been him jumping through hoops to get the title back from the guy he immediately lost ito. Not only that, but Sanada booked to tap out to the jobber of CHAOS kills any feud that They could have done wiht Sanada and Okada inbetween then. Can you explain NJPW's booking of everyone in CHAOS and why they always look incompetent outside of Naito?

The biggest difference between Okada and the NJPW guys who jumped ship is age and Okada could remain in New Japan for years and still be young enough to be of an interest to WWE, assuming their hiring trends continue. I don't agree that it wouldn't be a big deal for Naito to win the belt at WK - he agreed to send his stable to the back, he lost fair and square and now the onus is on him to prove he can beat Okada without BUSHI, EVIL and SANADA.

Also, while a brief feud between SANADA & Okada could have been great, there's still time for that down the line. He's been doing fantastic work with YOSHI-HASHI and the goal here is obviously to make it so he's no longer the jobber of CHAOS, also I have enough faith in SANADA's ability that I don't think putting over a guy the fans are genuinely getting behind is going to hurt him in any meaningful way.

I do agree that LIJ could have been booked stronger, especially BUSHI who really deserved a better showing in the Super Jr's, but I don't see it as a problem. They don't look like chumps and I think both EVIL and SANADA will more than prove that in the G1.

Smackdown starts live on July 19th so I'd think it'll take place on RAW either the night before or the previous week.

I can see it being network exclusive the previous week. Alternatively make it the live Smackdown show with the split beginning the following RAW, I think Battleground is that week which makes for weird timing.

My prediction for tonight Roman kicks ouf of three pedigrees, wins with one spear.

When we say bring back finishers this isn't what we mean but it's what we get.

Recall

Everyone is already down on the MITB PPV.

I don't care who wins and loses any match, I will enjoy each match on its own merits. WWE has had 50/50 booking for 4 years+ and yet people are still surprised by it. It's quite funny.

Top Bottom