• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Cagey

Banned
By the time AJ Lee was finishing her run Nikki was the more interesting performer. Better character, tried harder in the ring, had more interesting things to say out of it.
Better work ethic too despite insinuations she slept her way to the top.

bjork

bjork, I'll forever love you for hating the Rock, but you're in the wrong here

I'll be honest, I've seen about five minutes of Total Divas ever, and she wasn't in the bit I saw. I've also only seen maybe two matches of hers, so I can't speak to whether she's good in the ring after returning from a year off to try and make it in hollywood with her sister.

What I do know is I tried to enjoy WWE Supercard and she was about every 2nd Diva card you could pull and it was ridiculous. No Sunny, no Trish, no Lita, no anyone else ever, and when they added more Diva cards, they added more variations of stupid Bellas. It ruined my experience. This is where my bitterness comes from.

ps supercard sucks now, so it's really okay. I just wanted a diva reaction gif to use, it didn't have to be AJ

Heaven forfend they try and elevate a guy. YOSHI-HASHI deserves it, he's built well on his momentum over the past year or so and I'm glad he's getting a shot.

They had to get the tag belts off GBH because Honma had a shoulder injury, he only returned at the Suzuki-gun show yesterday. It was either give Tama and his shitty brother a shot, or put the belts on TenKoji for no good reason.

As for EVIL, he's a few months back from excursion. Not everyone gets the Okada push (insert snide remark here) and from what I see the crowd's buying into him as a heavy hitter. Goto's infinitely more experienced, Goto was his senior in the dojo and it makes perfect sense that EVIL would struggle to defeat Goto.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If she was an arrogant heel, why did she constantly pander to crowds looking for cheers?

Fucking because that's pro wrestling now!
9a7aed360ea2cff6d107c2189ade1922_crop_north.jpg

Heaven forfend they try and elevate a guy. YOSHI-HASHI deserves it, he's built well on his momentum over the past year or so and I'm glad he's getting a shot.

Hey man, if they have greater plans for Yoshi-hashi then go for it. But I'll need to see it before I believe it on that front.

Ithil

Fucking because that's pro wrestling now!
9a7aed360ea2cff6d107c2189ade1922_crop_north.jpg

Hey man, if they have greater plans for Yoshi-hashi then go for it. But I'll need to see it before I believe it on that front.

I'm not talking about doing fancy moves like Seth, I'm talking about acting like a babyface to the crowd, looking for cheers.

Recall

Alberto Del Rio is winning the MITB.

New Day is losing their titles but wont be pinned.

Rusev is going to crush Titus.

AJ will lose.

Charlotte and Dana will lose too because its not for the title. Leading to a Sasha vs Becky feud at Battlegrounds where the winner takes on Charlotte at Summerslam.

Roman is leaving Vegas as champion. Probably some wacky shit will happen, but Roman isnt losing the title. Period.

I saved you all 3 hours.

We get it, you know best, so then go prove it and stop watching...but you cant.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm not talking about doing fancy moves like Seth, I'm talking about acting like a babyface to the crowd, looking for cheers.

I mean, AJ had that promo of saying 'Guys like you bury guys like me' and I can't count how many times someone has said 'the fans are tired of your lame shtick' to Cena. It's what heels in the WWE do. I think Miz is the only one that doesn't pander to the fans in one way or another.

I mean, AJ had that promo of saying 'Guys like you bury guys like me' and I can't count how many times someone has said 'the fans are tired of your lame shtick' to Cena. It's what heels in the WWE do. I think Miz is the only one that doesn't pander to the fans in one way or another.

Yeah, I saw that. Not a fan. You can only have one story with Cena, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A message from Mean Gene THE VOICE OF WRESTLING is only 35 dollars

but Ashley Massaro is 100 dollars. Virgil is 75 dollars. Josh Matthews is 65 dollars. and Gail Kim is 100 dollars.

and what are the odds Ted Dibiase Jr is sitting by his phone all day today?

klonere

Banned
It's weird to be so diametrically opposed on the outcome of a show. I thought Dominion was excellent and had some great conclusions to the stories built up around the BoSJ LIJ/CHAOS stuff.

But I guess if your favs don't win on the big show its not good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Omega/Elgin was sheer fun and the crowd ate it all up plus a great feel good moment for Elgin. I love Omega in big matches but can't stand him outside of that and I was one of the people who was hoping that he'd change it up a little as defacto leader of the BC. Alas you can't get all you want and he still delivers on PPV so I guess I can't be that upset.

KUSHIDA is having an incredible year and the match today told a fantastic story, of the ace who was just that much smarter than the much younger up and coming star. Wonder what his match at the Dome will be.

The tag titles are both atrociously booked no argument there. Probably the worst booked titles in all of wrestling right now.

Weren't you one of the people praising Owens beating Cena (a single time lol)

I'm enjoying throwing back the same arguments that were made about Seth/Owens. I am being sincere about it all though, I love the LIJ/CHAOS feud and I know it has a ton more legs in it. This was the half way point of it.

Plus I'll take making Okada look strong over anything involving Cena.

Good wrestling shows are the ones that get me emotionally invested. Just me being sad about hearing that Naito lost means that the storyline is doing well in my eyes. For me it's less about my favorites always winning than having a good story.

That being said, I still get bummed when they lose :(

klonere

Banned

They had to get the tag belts off GBH because Honma had a shoulder injury, he only returned at the Suzuki-gun show yesterday. It was either give Tama and his shitty brother a shot, or put the belts on TenKoji for no good reason.

As for EVIL, he's a few months back from excursion. Not everyone gets the Okada push (insert snide remark here) and from what I see the crowd's buying into him as a heavy hitter. Goto's infinitely more experienced, Goto was his senior in the dojo and it makes perfect sense that EVIL would struggle to defeat Goto.

i loved the finishes to both matches, EVIL with that incredible sell of the GTR and YOSHI showing real grit to hang on and make SANADA tap after all the embarrassing defeats.

Those are the worst people, the creeps in the wrestling scene
and some gaming side threads
being disrespectful cunts

These guys are just being smarky cunts, "what was that" shouts, not only cheering the heel team over the face team, but even on that heel team chanting for Viper whenever Rhia was tagged in, and "You're not Viper" chants

I would love to know the number of Viper matches they watched from her Stardom tour. Or their ICW On Demand receipt.

Jesus, that sounds horrific. That was something I can say about NXT that was genuinely great, a "you fucked up" chant started by a few guys was roundly boo'd during the Peyton/Asuka match. A "we are awesome" attempt got mega heat as well, I had a good time booing that down.

Wrestling fans huh.

Wasn't that the basis of the feud with Bryan as well?

few guys in the crowd now chanting "better than the divas"

2 DAYS AGO

EDIT: OH FUCKING HELL THEY'RE CHANTING WE WANT VIPER AGAIN AT THE START OF THE SHINE VS SHIMMER VS TNA TITLE MATCH

I hate (at least portions of) this crowd so fucking much

EDIT 2: And they booked themselves out of the 3 way title defense match, I hate that shit

So quite a few times I've been in this thread lamenting how Ken Shamrock was a missed opportunity. Sure, in the end that generation produced two of the biggest stars ever at the same time and other quality players like Mankind, HHH, Kane but its also always a shame when someone gets lost in the shuffle.

The other day I finally got to the moment that torpedoed his career forever. The one and only WWF Breakdown. Breakdown is a pretty good show most remembered for the double pin on Austin by the proto Brothers of Destruction but the triple threat cage match for the Number One Contender between Mankind, The Rock, and Ken Shamrock is just about the best possible triple threat cage match you could contest...and it also doomed Shamrock forever.

In the weeks leading up to this show The Rock had started a soft face turn. He saved Mankind from a beatdown (Mankind was a tweener leaning heavily face at the time) and started coming out with the NOD less and less. Breakdown is held in Manitoba and for whatever reason instead of treating Rocky like the heel in this match, or treating all three as faces the crowd decides that Rocky should no longer die and that he's the best thing ever...and boring Ken Shamrock is the heel.

Shamrock...has not one fucking clue how to be a heel. His two big things, explosive moves and snapping, are both going to engender him to the crowd. He's a great interview as proven during the early talk show debates over the UFC but he can't do a heel promo to save his life. Besides rampant steroid/hgh use the guy comes off as a true, boring professional. Dean Malenko is more interesting than he is. Steve Blackman is too.

The next night on RAW the main event is Rock/Shamrock/Mankind versus Taker/Kane and Rock and Mankind spend the five minutes before the match beating up Shamrock and even taking shots at him during the match...pretty much for no good reason. So not only is Shamrock not good at this heel shit but he had no motivation for actually turning heel, that doesn't come until weeks later when the Corporation is formed.
They alao had another chance to put the rocket on him, sigh.

Jesus, that sounds horrific. That was something I can say about NXT that was genuinely great, a "you fucked up" chant started by a few guys was roundly boo'd during the Peyton/Asuka match. A "we are awesome" attempt got mega heat as well, I had a good time booing that down.

Wrestling fans huh.

I think this might actually be the shitty wrestling crowd that people imagined seeing everywhere

He has to get a G1 place at least, but I do expect SANADA to get the last word in their feud. YOSHI's trying to prove he isn't just some chump, but SANADA's got to prove that he's better than YOSHI (who tried 3 times to pass the NJ Dojo entry exam, whereas SANADA quit after 1 failed attempt) and belongs in New Japan.

My money's on YOSHI and Ishii teaming in the tag league later in the year, hopefully winning the thing and challenging vs whoever at the Dome.

klonere

Banned
I think this might actually be the shitty wrestling crowd that people imagined seeing everywhere

Some real shitty fans at Dominion today cheering the heel, booing the babyface just disgraceful.

Excellent tweet from Regal.

For anyone at @ThisIs_Progress in Manchester today,please buy @jimsmallman a sandwich.He looks like an extra in train spotting

Kuroyume

Banned
So many people didn't know who Berlyn was. This was a very educational thing for WrassleGaf. Berlyn was a fun character that came at the worst time of WCW's run.

.... You see this is why people hate people. Trish beat Jazz, also Jacqueline, Molly, and Ivory; all four of them much better wrestlers and better looking if you ask me. But she's made out to be something great when she's straight trash, fuck her.

bjork

I don't know if "straight trash" is really fair. I had a gap where I didn't watch, and when I started watching again, I could tell Trish had put work in to actually put on a decent match. Miles ahead of where she was when she started, at any rate.

But then, no one can be Jazz, so if the choices are Jazz or straight trash, then yes.

tm24

I think you need Naito to take the briefcase from someone so you can prolong Okada getting back in the title picture.The briefcase holder than can feud with Naito.

Hex

Banned
When we get the full list of everyone involved in the Cruiserweight classic, we should run a contest where whoever picks the winner names a certain wrestler the losers have to use as an avatar for a month.

Everyone will pick the same people.
It needs to be a random number gimmick.
Random number = random wrestler.

Raw64life

Last 3 matches of Dominion were fantastic, although the booking is questionable. I'll give Elgin credit for pulling his weight in the ladder match even though I don't get his appeal. Not sure where Naito goes from here.

Was looking to see if I could get some merch but the line was a mile long before the show and got jammed up again before I could get out of the arena.

Luckily my hotel in Tokyo is down the block from the NJPW store so I'll just check that out at some point.

Overall I enjoyed the show even if most of the matches were retreads. And being a part of a Live NJPW audience was pretty damn cool.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reading Jericho's third book and it seems pretty obvious why the WWE is like it is: the entire operation is run by a council of 50 carnies, much of which is wrestlers being marks for themselves.
KuGsj.gif

The 2017 WWE Royal Rumble PPV will take place on on Sunday, January 22nd at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.

This will be the 30th Rumble in company history, and the sixth time the event will be held in California. The last time WWE held the event in California was back in January 2005 in Fresno when Batista won the Rumble.

Not sure if this was posted.

Seth wins

YES HBK AT TIME SQUARE!

Top Bottom