• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Actually would not mind seeing Angle back with WWE to feud with Rusev at Summer slam for the USA title. Bring in Jeff Hardy too and then hire Justin Roberts so he can announce "Jeeeefffffffffffffffffffffffffff Hardy!" correctly :).

So quite a few times I've been in this thread lamenting how Ken Shamrock was a missed opportunity. Sure, in the end that generation produced two of the biggest stars ever at the same time and other quality players like Mankind, HHH, Kane but its also always a shame when someone gets lost in the shuffle.

The other day I finally got to the moment that torpedoed his career forever. The one and only WWF Breakdown. Breakdown is a pretty good show most remembered for the double pin on Austin by the proto Brothers of Destruction but the triple threat cage match for the Number One Contender between Mankind, The Rock, and Ken Shamrock is just about the best possible triple threat cage match you could contest...and it also doomed Shamrock forever.

In the weeks leading up to this show The Rock had started a soft face turn. He saved Mankind from a beatdown (Mankind was a tweener leaning heavily face at the time) and started coming out with the NOD less and less. Breakdown is held in Manitoba and for whatever reason instead of treating Rocky like the heel in this match, or treating all three as faces the crowd decides that Rocky should no longer die and that he's the best thing ever...and boring Ken Shamrock is the heel.

Shamrock...has not one fucking clue how to be a heel. His two big things, explosive moves and snapping, are both going to engender him to the crowd. He's a great interview as proven during the early talk show debates over the UFC but he can't do a heel promo to save his life. Besides rampant steroid/hgh use the guy comes off as a true, boring professional. Dean Malenko is more interesting than he is. Steve Blackman is too.

The next night on RAW the main event is Rock/Shamrock/Mankind versus Taker/Kane and Rock and Mankind spend the five minutes before the match beating up Shamrock and even taking shots at him during the match...pretty much for no good reason. So not only is Shamrock not good at this heel shit but he had no motivation for actually turning heel, that doesn't come until weeks later when the Corporation is formed.

Was the chairshot to the fucking face by The Rock around this time? Got to be the most brutal chairshot of all time. Rock really fucking laid it in sometimes.

korly

9XryVfr.jpg

Zach

Weirdest thing on this Nitro I'm watching. Hogan's kid (wearing the Pokemon hat) seen in the back telling Hogan to don the red and yellow. Hogan rushes to Gorilla to see his adoring public. Starts doing a weird squatty exercise in Gorilla. And then gets attacked by Sid and co. from the shadows.

The question is what Mychal Thompson watch tonight: his son play in a Sunday night Dodgers game, his son play in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, a Copa America match, US Open coverage, or MITB?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Was the chairshot to the fucking face by The Rock around this time? Got to be the most brutal chairshot of all time. Rock really fucking laid it in sometimes.

It's a match between Rock, Shamrock, and Mankind in 1998. Of course there is a brutal home run chairshot to the face. This time from Mankind to Shamrock. It's basically the finish of the match. Rock is down, Mankind rocks Shamrock with a chair and climbs the cage to get out...and Rock crawls over and pins Shamrock.

This match is a must watch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
in the network era, does it matter? They have the money wether you watch the show or not
Meltzer specifically said it makes no difference with Network. Maybe less people watch live but it's not a big deal.

Blue, you're at 2016 already!? :3

This post is hilariously depressing

lmao

Posts like this make me glad you're doing this, Blue

Reality is more depressing/cynical than any opinion can be
It's so sad, I wish I could alter all of this bullshit but what the hell ever.

I'm already thinking about just dropping Raw when the roster split happens or well when Raw gets the whc title. I mean you could skip Raw from 2002-2005 and you'll realize nothing has changed.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's so sad, I wish I could alter all of this bullshit but what the hell ever.

I'm already thinking about just dropping Raw when the roster split happens or well when Raw gets the whc title. I mean you could skip Raw from 2002-2005 and you'll realize nothing has changed.

You could skip to 2009 and nothing would have really changed.

You could skip to 2009 and nothing would have really changed.

Only reason you couldn't just skip to now was 1) that time they pretended they cared about Punk, 2) that time they pretended they cared about fans, and 3) that time they had HHH on SD to pretend they cared about it

Wait until they have Cena drafted to SD to pretend they care about it, that's going to be revolutionary

Top Bottom