• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

The arena was so loud when Ambrose cashed in. Then it got even louder when he won. The place was shaking when he got the 3 count.

Definitely one of the greatest live wrestling moment I've ever seen in my life.

imBask

Banned
Ambrose was pretty intense when holding the belt in other places, hopefully we get that here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2csp_5kC4ik

https://youtu.be/tZO37Mh9aOk?t=81

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClXIdwnWlnQ

We could also get wrecked Ambrose deliriously demanding matches with people who don't wrestle with the WWE too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8Ut66vLqd4

"THAT WON'T WORK WITH THE YOUNG CROWD DEAN, HERE'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO DAMNIT"

tumblr_nd235krqoz1saykaxo10_r1_400.gif

Wagram

Apparently in order to attract the brass in WWE you have to be the most complacent person ever that only has 4 moves in their entire arsenal. Ambrose is one of the dullest wrestlers of all time.

The guys who have the talent always go down the losers, even when they win.

First half, maybe more given that I'm also counting the pre-show, was pretty bad inching towards boring. MITB was a crazy video game match. Seth vs. Roman was one as well, but with a great paor of Pedigrees to finish off Roman's reign for now. Seth winning segued into Dean's cash-in and Dean FINALLY got his revenge on Seth. Shame they did this after booking him like an absolute joke for most of the past year - but Dean does benefit from always being around the main event scene and having the permanent association with the Shield. Dean's cash-in was the first time since Seth that a first-time WWE Championship win actually felt like a big deal. Roman's should've, but they fucked him by giving him two nothing reigns and then giving him a third reign to act as the first "real" one and then that failed. Dude just isn't the guy. He's Lex Luger. Nothing wrong with being Lex Luger - but you have to accept that he's Lex Luger and not Hulk Hogan. If you do that, maybe you luck into something special like they did in '97 with him finally beating Hogan and you give him the ball briefly, but he can't carry the company no matter how nice his smile is, how muscular he is, or how many times he cocks his fist.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/06/wwe-money-in-bank-2016.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gji6jnif6p1trbjtbuna66wy80xt22oi

Ithil

Is this the first time all members of a stable have gone on to win the world title? Ones like Evolution had HHH/Flair who had already been the champ before the stable was formed, but now all three members of the Shield have been WWE champ after it dissolved.

jonjonaug

I don't care about what he did then. He's complacent now.

It's almost like his matches are booked badly or something.

EDIT: His recent match with Triple H shows that Ambrose is still a top of the line performer, but WWE really needs to let him utilize his moveset properly. Stop having him mainly wrestle as a brawler, let him be more technical.

It's almost like his matches are booked badly or something.

EDIT: His recent match with Triple H shows that Ambrose is still a top of the line performer, but WWE really needs to let him utilize his moveset properly. Stop having him mainly wrestle as a brawler, let him be more technical.

Uh, anytime Ambrose gets technical, he looks slower than molasses.

There was once a better wrestler somewhere in there, but the last two years have seen Dean give fewer and fewer fucks until his matches became just UNBEARABLY shitty pretty much every time. Whether he could hypothetically be better is beside the point, which is that, as it now stands, the guy SUCKS to watch wrestle.

Striker

Luger never got the strap. I don't see how he is comparable just because he was hand-picked. They never went anywhere with him outside the Lex Express summer run. Roman is 1995 Diesel.

Ambrose will keep the belt until Summerslam but he has to be dropping it then. Guy could be fun with it but Rollins or Reigns will probably have it at the end of SS.

JTripper

I'm shocked Roman ate a pin clean tonight. I thought it'd be at least a year before we see Roman lose clean.

Man, can't get over how good that main event was. That was WWE storytelling making the best of their situation. Rollins getting fucked by the thing that got him the title in the first place was poetic as fuck.

Holy fuck that spear to pedigree was fucking nice. Honestly cant believe he beat him clean i lost my mind then i lost my mind again there was still apart of me that thought they would still fuck dean im glad they finally gave him the strap.

And i dont care dirty or not was legit shook aj won but now that just means hell lose at battleground and or summerslam.

shanafan

Holy fuck that spear to pedigree was fucking nice. Honestly cant believe he beat him clean i lost my mind then i lost my mind again there was still apart of me that thought they would still fuck dean im glad they finally gave him the strap.

Oh it was so nice, the spear into the Pedigree.

Ambrose won the belt, lol? Cool, someone pm me when he's not the champ. Not watching a scripted TV show with a shitty lead at the helm.

If you want a PM when Dean isn't champ, that'll be pretty quick, but if you want a PM when there's not a shitty lead, you're going to be waiting a long time for a PM.

So is Del Rio alright? Heard that he had to get helped out. The way both feet landed on the ropes looked really dodgy.

Nope, he's getting exams

shanafan

My favorite comedy moment of the night.. Rusev yelling "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!" after telling Titus's kids their dad was a loser. Hilarious.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, it's 100% a setup for the tripe threat at SummerSlam, I just hope they don't blow their wad and try to pull the match off at Battleground. You can find a reason for the Battleground match to be a singles match.

Toki767

Man...to think Dean Ambrose may be the last undisputed champion for the foreseeable future.

I like the guy but it's still just weird lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gonna be hard when there will be two world titles by Summerslam

Do you really believe they're going to put the Shield members on different rosters? That match is happening. They just have to get the title off of Ambrose at Battleground or before that because the least compelling story is Ambrose going in as the defending champ into the match.

I won't be surprised if they pull the "Roman wasn't medically cleared after the spear into the dasherboards" thing despite the fact that Roman delivered several more moves and pins after the "injury" happened. It would be a cheap as fuck way to do it - say its unclear what happened so the title is technically vacated or something.

Angry Grimace

I really believe not all three will be on one show for much longer. Or do you also believe they'll magically have both top faces (Reigns and Cena) on the same show for much longer?

Yeah, I'm sure they're going to throw away their biggest headlining storyline and accompanying match just to satisfy NeoGAF member Sweeney Tom's anal retentive sensibilities regarding roster balance. Fun fact: it's not an actual draft.

When Reigns and Cena are split, I'll remember. When the Shield are split, I'll remember. Don't hide when I do.

I'll be current Blue times a hundred

Happy for you, by the way, Blue.

Ahhh fuck, we're fucked why didn't Flair just sign the contract. Does he not remember what nWo did to him and wcw? I mean some Japanese company may be lining up to buy wwf in few years if Vince does bring in nWo.

Angry Grimace

When Reigns and Cena are split, I'll remember. When the Shield are split, I'll remember. Don't hide when I do.

I'll be current Blue times a hundred

Happy for you, by the way, Blue.

I don't doubt Reigns and Cena are splitting, but they're not gonna just throw away the entire Shield storyline via the Brand Split.

Top Bottom