• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

ElRenoRaven

This podcast really has been great. Stone Cold just doesn't give a fuck and will ask what is on his mind. It makes for some great interviews.

KissVibes

Banned
Crazy to think AJ Styles didn't immediately say he sees himself as a WWE world champion. Dude seems content with just getting a trainer or road agent job in three years.

Shark infested waters... alluding to Bash at the Beach coming soon???

220px-BashAtTheBeach1998Poster.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn wrestling fans can get things specifically spelled out for them yet still cling to dipshit ideas of people being held down by others, or wins and losses burying people.

What moves could AJ have been alluding to? I'd assume shooting Styles press is one

Obviously he could be talking about new stuff but it sounded like it was stuff people wanted to see from him again

somedevil

Austin letting him know that it's "shark infested waters" as in yes, there's people that will hold your ass down.

Now it seems its the higher ups that will hold you down then in the past when wrestlers were talking crap about you to get your spot.

Chris Jericho's book pointed that stuff out and I just don't see this current roster doing that when they are playing videogames and doing game nights.

Damn wrestling fans can get things specifically spelled out for them yet still cling to dipshit ideas of people being held down by others, or wins and losses burying people.

I'm curious, has there ever been a booking decision made by the WWE that ever leave you perplexed? Like ever? Or do you take the good with the bad and not let that phase you like most people on the internet would?

Now it seems its the higher ups that will hold you down then in the past when wrestlers were talking crap about you to get your spot.

Chris Jericho's book pointed that stuff out and I just don't see this current roster doing that when they are playing videogames and doing game nights.
The jealously of the old locker rooms compared to now are ridiculous. Now if your boys get on tv, you're happy for them but 20 years ago if your buddy got on tv and you didn't, you're wondering why I couldn't be the face in the background. Or have my body part featured. I think it was Al Snow who said that.

The jealously of the old locker rooms compared to now are ridiculous. Now if your boys get on tv, you're happy for them but 20 years ago if your buddy got on tv and you didn't, you're wondering why I couldn't be the face in the background. Or have my body part featured. I think it was Al Snow who said that.

That's a lot of talk for a man who decided to have his valet be a mannequin head. Practice what you preach, Snow.

Of course, that's also why there can be no big stars anymore. Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, and yes, even John Cena to a much smaller extent was willing to ruin a mans career to get to the top. Does anybody see indy guy #135 stabbing indy guy #211 in the back for more TV time when they've been wrestling on the same shows and been following each on Twitter for a decade?

That's a lot of talk for a man who decided to have his valet be a mannequin head. Practice what you preach, Snow.
Snow is very underrated, you know they should've been getting him to run that performance center but I guess he's fine where he is. He has a lot of different roles in tna. I'm happy for him.

Last month the ‘B’ shows with Dean Ambrose, that were often in smaller markets, were drawing just as well as the ‘A’ shows with Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns is drawing really bad. Before he wasn’t, but now he is, so now it’s an issue. Does that mean that it led to this [title change], or is this just another way to get Roman Reigns more over, because that’s been the goal for the last however long? Time will tell.
tumblr_n6d85kBRXS1rofocqo1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious, has there ever been a booking decision made by the WWE that ever leave you perplexed? Like ever? Or do you take the good with the bad and not let that phase you like most people on the internet would?

Sure. But at the end of the day, if I actually don't like it, I can always not watch. It's easy to walk away from wrasslin' if you don't enjoy it. And I don't hatewatch so that's not a thing.

KingBroly

Banned
So...Ambrose is pinning Rollins at Battleground

Reigns beats Brock clean at Summerslam cuz they're idiots

And Ambrose retains against...? Jericho?

Of course, that's also why there can be no big stars anymore. Steve Austin, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, and yes, even John Cena to a much smaller extent was willing to ruin a mans career to get to the top. Does anybody see indy guy #135 stabbing indy guy #211 in the back for more TV time when they've been wrestling on the same shows and been following each on Twitter for a decade?
Yeah, everyone is just concerned about being friends and "just happy to be in wwe" but that doesn't pay your bills. Not many people are gunning for that top spot anymore, no one is questioning decisions or making alpha male moves.

I think when Titus was suspended , it was mentioned that Vince was tired of everyone being so playful and not serious.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Yeah, everyone is just concerned about being friends and "just happy to be in wwe" but that doesn't pay your bills. Not many people are gunning for that top spot anymore, no one is questioning decisions or making alpha male moves.

I think when Titus was suspended , it was mentioned that Vince was tired of everyone being so playful and not serious.

i get how the business model has changed a bit for the wrestlers but I wana see some wrestlers become hungry, reach for that brass ring, have competition between employees etc. However wwe does also have experience in not pushing talent that the fans are behind etc.

Top Bottom