• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Aiii

So not worth it
Since I stopped before WCW fell apart it's kind of crazy to me to think WWE actually got any mileage out of having the NWO after they basically burned WCW to ash.

Really? It's not that puzzling why three of the biggest draws in wrestling in the 90s got hype when they arrived in WWE.

Adree

Really? It's not that puzzling why three of the biggest draws in wrestling in the 90s got hype when they arrived in WWE.

I know they were popular. It's just kinda gross. I'll even admit to liking Hall and Nash but they basically did the same catchphrases and matches on Nitro and it got to be something I'd always skip.

Yeah, Jaywalking is a dumb American law that the car lobbies tricked you into having so they didn't have to deal with road traffic deaths. No-one expects to be arrested for that.

klonere

Banned
Yeah, Jaywalking is a dumb American law that the car lobbies tricked you into having so they didn't have to deal with road traffic deaths. No-one expects to be arrested for that.

tbf jaywalking on most North American roads is pretty fucking dangerous considering how wide they are and how much larger the average car is over there. It's a dumb law but I can see the reasons why it exists, especially on the Vegas strip.

Jamie OD

tbf jaywalking on most North American roads is pretty fucking dangerous considering how wide they are and how much larger the average car is over there. It's a dumb law but I can see the reasons why it exists, especially on the Vegas strip.

In New York jaywalking might as well be an Olympic sport.

Kuroyume

Banned
mz9emoayerkxa.gif

Menome

Two decent RAWs in a row. I'm loving Enzo & Cass more and more with each passing week. There'll come a time when we all get bored of them, but for now I'm happy to ride the mark-wave.

I'm almost sad to be losing my tiny-head Alex Wright avatar, but he is being replaced the best natural heel in WWE, so it's all good.

Kurita

Two decent RAWs in a row. I'm loving Enzo & Cass more and more with each passing week. There'll come a time when we all get bored of them, but for now I'm happy to ride the mark-wave.

I'm almost sad to be losing my tiny-head Alex Wright avatar, but he is being replaced the best natural heel in WWE, so it's all good.
Looking forward to your Miz avatar

klonere

Banned
So the UFC is worth nearly exactly 3 WWE's.

Weird to see Tencent's name in there, they have a wild portfolio of properties now.

Sephzilla

They're here brother! NWo damn I'm psyched.

Your psyched feeling probably wont last long.
I don't remember the WWE nWo angle lasting a tremendously long time, they pretty much burn out after WrestleMania 18. Ironically WWE knew when to kill off the nWo, unlike WCW

Did we ever get a proper DX vs nWo feud out of that? All I remember is
HBK defecting

(Spoilering things for blue)

Zach

Continuing my Money in the Bank watch. The ladder match was an entertaining, somewhat by-the-numbers affair.

Did I talk about Cena/Styles? It was pretty good. Not as good as I was expecting, though. Cena loudly talks about the match during the match, which is kind of lame. Finish was unsatisfying.

Rusev has a GREAT look right now. Amazing. I thought he was trash when I first saw him two years ago or whatever. He's really, really good. Dude should probably be the top heel.

Zach

I appreciate Rollins trying to pull off the hard-to-pull-off gray. It doesn't look terrible.

Reigns, on the other hand, looks like the lovechild of The Rock and '99 Big Bossman. And he's still rocking those carpal tunnel braces. No thanks.

Zach

That spear-into-pedigree wasn't great. I'm pretty sure I saw at least one of you saying it was the best pedigree ever. Pssshhh. It was okay.

Dean's cash-in was great. He handled it perfectly. I know some of you hate his goofy character, but he came off as intense and serious during the cash-in. Quality stuff. Happy for the guy.

klonere

Banned
Bray getting a good reaction...better kill it fast with New Day. Ffs

Wyatt got them to chant against the New Day just like that, so good.

Xavier completely forgetting himself and completely going into a trance after his shtick might mean that this feud will actually be the beginning of serious New Day.

One can hope.

Sign Ibushi and have him bring back the Hardcore title, 24/7 rules - then do all his crazy shit like starting matches outside the arena, wrestling in forests and shooting fireworks at people. Idiot Ibushi is best Ibushi.

kiguel182

That AJ podcast was great. You could feel his hesitation in mentioning TNA but yeah, you shouldn't ignore it.

Stone Cold is a great interviewer.

Raw was fun too.

Wyatt got them to chant against the New Day just like that, so good.

Xavier completely forgetting himself and completely going into a trance after his shtick might mean that this feud will actually be the beginning of serious New Day.

One can hope.

Yeah it really redeemd itself. I feel like the crowd is really coming around to them. What was interesting was Byron saying he's never seen a crowd so captivated by a wrestler and I just made me scratch my head.

???
I thought the pop was nice

It seemed relatively quiet to me given how long she's been out of the view of the audience

klonere

Banned
Yeah it really redeemd itself. I feel like the crowd is really coming around to them. What was interesting was Byron saying he's never seen a crowd so captivated by a wrestler and I just made me scratch my head.

Imagine a Taker that could actually cut promos, and really really good promos at that.

That could be Bray but he needs to start being protected in matches NOW.

That's why he's a great character. The man is insane in the best way possible.

Ibushi is like indie Inoki - certifiably insane but also a wrestling genius who knows how to draw a crowd.

Luckily Ibushi didn't nearly kill DDT.

Top Bottom