• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why are we assuming it's roids? Why are we assuming anything?

Because there's only so many things Roman could be taking and the most obvious for a big ripped dude is steroids.

It would be obvious if Roman was a heroin or meth addict because he wouldn't be able to wrestle and Coke doesn't stay in the system long enough to really test positive for it unless he takes bumps right before coming to work and they don't suspend for weed.

Toki767

I don't think I'd apologize to my family if it was weed or something.

Well they don't suspend people for weed unless they're arrested for it I think. Just fined $2500.

They also don't test for HGH.

WWE's testing policies still lack a lot of transparency. All we know is that they will usually get suspended for steroids. We don't really know what else constitutes a wellness violation for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Don West would stay with Roman for his 30 days, make a TV special out of it. Help him out, get him on the right track. It'd be done with earnestness though, and not the exploitative nature most people do with their "getting clean" documentary series. This would be for real.

dream

How many more people do we need to lose before we admit that it's pro wrestling that is the problem, and that the only way to save people like Roman is by not watching pro wrestling anymore?

Kaiterra

Banned
The fact that Roman immediately owned up to his mistake gives me the slight impression that he got caught using something he knew he shouldn't have had.

Yeah that's probably a fair take.

You said it better than I can. And people usually will fire back "Well he's a grown ass man, he should be able to handle it"

We are not equipped as human beings to endure nonstop torment, however light it may feel. It's simply not something we are made to handle.

If we're talking about death threats and social media harassment and what have you, that's fair game, but extending it to crowd chants and boos is ridiculous, especially since he has hardly gotten the most abusive ones in the history of the business. He hasn't had crowds telling him to die or throwing shit at him. Yeah it's been sustained but that is something that WWE should have addressed by adapting to it rather than forcing him in the meat grinder night-in, night-out, like it has always been in the business

If wrestling fans only ever went along with what was put in front of them and beared sole responsibility like you guys are trying to say, we'd have never gotten the Rock. We'd have never gotten the REAL New Day. We miiiiiiiiight have gotten Stone Cold but would've been way different. Wrestling is give and take and yeah there is a point where people need to stop hatewatching it, but there's also a point where the guys running the show need to work with their audience.

I hope that with the deemphasis of individual star power in terms of selling the show that the WWE can move towards an ensemble setup where there isn't just ONE top guy and he isn't just stuck in that role whether it works or not like Roman has been. If it is legitimately that damaging to a human being and if he really can't handle it, other fans of his (because surprise, despite what I've been saying here, I like Roman, I just hated the show they built around his ridiculous booking) should really hope for that too.

UberTag

Adderall is basically meth.
Adderall dependency is a serious thing. CBS parades a bunch of Adderall addicts over their website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for three months out of the year and calls it Big Brother. They need to seriously reconsider their stance on it.

Gorillaz

Imagine how I feel.
image.php

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Important to remember:

Roman's test results were known before the PPV. This does NOT mean the finish was changed, the MITB winner was changed, or anything. The results were known beforehand. That is all. Ambrose was built for over a week to win MITB easy, and cash in.

Ithil

Important to remember:

Roman's test results were known before the PPV. This does NOT mean the finish was changed, the MITB winner was changed, or anything. The results were known beforehand. That is all. Ambrose was built for over a week to win MITB easy, and cash in.

It does mean they had the opportunity to write him off for a month and didn't take it for some reason. Now he just vanishes.

Kaiterra

Banned
You're right, Kaiterra, he's only been hit in the head with a metal suitcase.

You're right, there was that one guy, and he was wrong. But you guys are talking like that's the kind of thing that happens every time he comes out.

I did actually forget about that incident.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're right, Kaiterra, he's only been hit in the head with a metal suitcase.

Yeah, he did get attacked, successfully once. A few other attempts out there as well. Hostile environment.
You're right, there was that one guy, and he was wrong. But you guys are talking like that's the kind of thing that happens every time he comes out.

I did actually forget about that incident.

Kinda like when a QB gets the shit sacked out of him, he's always jumping at shadows for the rest of the game.

Heel

Confirmed hit with briefcase and confirmed hit with stuff on one of the last times he did the crowd entrance

I'd go as far as to say he's a victim of bullying on a grand scale. I'd understand if he was playing a villain and the fans are out there having a good time, but at this point it's become venomous and vindictive, all over some dudes play fighting.

Case in point:

Be a Star, friends.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone give me permission to go back to Landis so we can stop this Alex Wright "they all look alike" problem

PWInsider saying Becky was originally the one who was going to turn, not Natalya

They could have stopped the Stang Curse but they didn't. why vince why :'[

Ithil

Hey now, if you can't trust the word of a man to honor the bet on an internet forum based around an AI controlled wrestling match in a video game, how can you ever look at them the same way?

Toki767

PWInsider saying Becky was originally the one who was going to turn, not Natalya

They could have stopped the Stang Curse but they didn't. why vince why :'[

Becky is the most over face woman on the roster next to Sasha. No sense in turning her. Plus I think Nattie's ring style is more suited as a heel.

Top Bottom