• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

galvatron

Great, now I won't see Roman at Raw in 3 weeks. I blame the WWE universe for treating him like crap. They chant "You can't wrestle" but the guy delivers high quality matches. They cheer for the guys who can't actually can't wrestle, i.e. Damien Sandow who botched a hip toss at a house show I went to. No wonder WWE released him.

Sorry Roman, wish I could have seen you.

Signed,
A true fan

From Tough Enough season 1, isn't it the case that a hip toss is just the other guy bumping while the tosser stands there. Who was he wrestling?

I can't believe internet nerds hate Roman Reigns SO MUCH they're trying to paint him as someone who doesn't like doing Make-A-Wish and is forced to do it. That's goddamned pathetic to see these posts. Just pathetic.
I'll give you a B for effort. Dream's generally more entertaining though.
tumblr_mm8v8bltjM1rotdcto1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just sad. Grow up, babies. Get over yourselves and your sense of entitlement. I'm sorry Roman was given the title at Wrestlemania, but I don't make these choices. It doesn't mean you should stop people from cheering for people who do good deeds. "WWE made him hug that kid with cancer!" It's sad. Have a little sympy.

Toki767

It's just sad. Grow up, babies. Get over yourselves and your sense of entitlement. I'm sorry Roman was given the title at Wrestlemania, but I don't make these choices. It doesn't mean you should stop people from cheering for people who do good deeds. "WWE made him hug that kid with cancer!" It's sad. Have a little sympy.

Huh?

I mean, are you having some sort of identity crisis thinking you really are Vince McMahon?

Cause maybe you should really take a break.

I can only imagine how Verendus is taking the news.

Heel

Please PM me your Drawful 2: Pro Wrasslin' Edition drawing ideas. The best ideas will be used during our community stream.

For those that don't know, players are given something to draw (a person, idea, phrase, whatever), and everyone else in the game must write down what they think that person attempted to draw.

Wish I could find bean breath's Drawful of Bray Wyatt right now. It was incredible.

P.S. - I've got "Make Roman look strong." taken care of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Huh?

I mean, are you having some sort of identity crisis thinking you really are Vince McMahon?

Cause maybe you should really take a break.

I can only imagine how Verendus is taking the news.
What? Why do you think I'm Vince McMahon? People here are so into hating Reigns they want to slam a charity to stick it to him. It's sad.

Toki767

What? Why do you think I'm Vince McMahon? People here are so into hating Reigns they want to slam a charity to stick it to him. It's sad.

No one's slamming charity.

But it seems pretty obvious that Make A Wish is booked through the WWE. That's why every person on the roster does them. It's simply part of the job. It's great that they do it, but still, it's part of the job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No one's slamming charity.

But it seems pretty obvious that Make A Wish is booked through the WWE. That's why every person on the roster does them. It's simply part of the job. It's great that they do it, but still, it's part of the job.
Only if they do their job poorly should someone get shit for it, imo. Like badmouthing it, maybe. I haven't heard a bad word from anyone except disenfranchised fans.

XenoRaven

Is this the part of the thread where one person says something really dumb and someone else blows it out of proportion like everyone is saying it?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I would be surprised if anyone on the roster doesn't like doing Make-A-Wish.

That said, its not like its an independent job from being on the WWE Roster.

Menome

Please PM me your Drawful 2: Pro Wrasslin' Edition drawing ideas. The best ideas will be used during our community stream.

For those that don't know, players are given something to draw (a person, idea, phrase, whatever), and everyone else in the game must write down what they think that person attempted to draw.

Wish I could find bean breath's Drawful of Bray Wyatt right now. It was incredible.

P.S. - I've got "Make Roman look strong." taken care of.

What platform is Drawful on? Not played it before, so I presume PC?

Will support Alberto Del Rio and give him a hernia for £30 in Steam credit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dean is the most natural in front of a live crowd even when he's doing his dumb cartoony bullshit but his in-ring stuff looks worse every week. And has the worst look in the WWE right now
Seth is the most athletically gifted but can't sell the drama in-ring at all and his promos feel extremely long-winded and same-y.
Roman can work the best matches and storytelling in the ring but isn't as athletically gifted as Seth and is the most awkward in front of a live crowd with a mic. His promos literally ARE the same.

It's a shame that none of them come together to form someone really great. And the areas they lack, they REALLY lack.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So wait, if Reigns had never done this...would he still be champion? Would he have actually beaten Seth clean last Sunday?
Nobody in this thread knows but they'll tell you yes, he would have

But nobody currently knows and is talking except Meltzer, soon

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm pretty sure out there somewhere, there's a kid who says "before I die, get me in a room with the Ascension"

Kaiterra

Banned
The sanctimonious garbage about how the fans are really to blame for Roman getting popped in A DRUG TEST are seriously among the worst posts I've ever seen in these threads. Jesus. Anyone else and you'd be blaming the performer for it. We don't even know what the substance WAS.

Dean is the most natural in front of a live crowd even when he's doing his dumb cartoony bullshit but his in-ring stuff looks worse every week. And has the worst look in the WWE right now
Seth is the most athletically gifted but can't sell the drama in-ring at all and his promos feel extremely long-winded and same-y.
Roman can work the best matches and storytelling in the ring but isn't as athletically gifted as Seth and is the most awkward in front of a live crowd with a mic. His promos literally ARE the same.

It's a shame that none of them come together to form someone really great. And the areas they lack, they REALLY lack.

Hence why The Shield was wonderful, but none of them apart is as good (the closest being Seth).

I legit would've taken another year or two of Cena on top if it meant the Shield stuck together.

That last hour of raw resbles the first hour but the second hour is better. You'd think the first would be the best when the results being unveiled.

Cagey

Banned

Agreed on most counts.

There's face/heel changes or character tweaks )not wholesale changes) that could help cover each guy's shortcomings somewhat. Not fully, but enough to warrant consideration.

Heel

What platform is Drawful on? Not played it before, so I presume PC?

Will support Alberto Del Rio and give him a hernia for £30 in Steam credit.

It's actually pretty neat. One person buys the game and streams it on Twitch, and everyone else can play along for free through their browser by following a URL. This way you can use your tablet, phone or whatever to draw and play along.

Not sure what all it's out on, but I bought it on PlayStation 4.

The sanctimonious garbage about how the fans are really to blame for Roman getting popped in A DRUG TEST are seriously among the worst posts I've ever seen in these threads. Jesus. Anyone else and you'd be blaming the performer for it. We don't even know what the substance WAS.
"If I get bigger, they'll like me. Yeah that'll show everyone."

Angry Grimace

Can you point to me to a post where someone seriously suggests Roman failed a drug test because he was depressed about the fans booing him? It's pretty clearly a joke, dude.

"I need to prove that they still exist."

Someone once asked to meet Kelly Kelly in a Make-A-Wish, so I think its possible that a kid who wants to meet Tyler Breeze exists.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hence why The Shield was wonderful, but none of them apart is as good (the closest being Seth).

I thought Dean was coming the closest for a while, but his continued degradation put that out of my mind. Either Dean has to start trying again and get into better shape, Seth has to get some tips on laying out his bigger matches better, or Roman needs to get better at dealing with crowds and whoever can do that, they'll get it.

Be nice if it was all three.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is true. We don't know yet if it is a steroid or a recreational drug. It's not pot, obviously. However the fans definitely drove him to the brink one way or another, whether he expressed his frustration via trying to win them over physically, or wanted some time where people didn't bother him and turned to a recreational drug.

I can inject these drugs into my body.
I will inject these drugs into my body.
roman_reigns_i_can__i_will__by_jonhardy-d8molnd.jpg

Hit my veins hard.
Hit my veins often.
10791047.jpg

Dawn of the Roman Drug Empire.
roman-reigns-december-2015.jpg

Believe the news of my suspension.
74ed1a8ef8729a4adc3437b84bc1327c.jpg

Finally, all 5000 of the slogans they tried with Reigns are paying off.

Toki767

That last hour of raw resbles the first hour but the second hour is better. You'd think the first would be the best when the results being unveiled.

Styles/Cena is the real drawing feud.

That and I guess Ambrose may be a better draw as champion.

Even Meltzer reported that Ambrose's house shows were drawing about the same as Reigns' house shows in a worse market.

Kaiterra

Banned
Can you point to me to a post where someone seriously suggests Roman failed a drug test because he was depressed about the fans booing him? It's pretty clearly a joke, dude.

I'm pretty sure at least shanafan wasn't joking, nor do I care if any other posters peddling that crap were being sincere if the point was to troll others in the thread. Are you suggesting that'd make it better?

This is true. We don't know yet if it is a steroid or a recreational drug. It's not pot, obviously. However the fans definitely drove him to the brink one way or another, whether he expressed his frustration via trying to win them over physically, or wanted some time where people didn't bother him and turned to a recreational drug.

Fuck OFF. The fans aren't obligated to respond to him a certain way just to spare his feelings.

Toki767

For all we know, Vince could've been saying something along the lines of "If you look more jacked up, fans are sure to like you"

It's pretty stupid to be blaming fans for this. Blame the guy for not being able to handle the pressure and blame WWE for pushing him too hard if the fans are really his excuse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
cmon, you can disagree without that. You seriously saying years of abuse from your "customers" in this case wouldn't drive a man to want to either change, no matter what the cost, or seek respite?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For all we know, Vince could've been saying something along the lines of "If you look more jacked up, fans are sure to like you"

It's pretty stupid to be blaming fans for this. Blame the guy for not being able to handle the pressure and blame WWE for pushing him too hard if the fans are really his excuse.
We see it right here. With addiction, and drugs, people have a very hard time with it, and one of the last things a person needs are people laughing about it and making photoshops and more about it. Human beings need to treat others like human beings, not a spectacle.

UberTag

I like to think there is a locked room at the HQ where they keep custom belt plates for every superstar on the roster.

Somewhere, even Kalisto has a custom belt plate set.
I can think of one wrestler logo that is guaranteed not to have pre-made plates already prepped in Stamford...

zack_ryder_logo_by_b1uechr1s-d57zkxq.png

Kaiterra

Banned
cmon, you can disagree without that. You seriously saying years of abuse from your "customers" in this case wouldn't drive a man to want to either change, no matter what the cost, or seek respite?

Like Datazord was saying earlier, you don't see the Big Show racking up wellness violations.

Angry Grimace

Styles/Cena is the real drawing feud.

That and I guess Ambrose may be a better draw as champion.

Even Meltzer reported that Ambrose's house shows were drawing about the same as Reigns' house shows in a worse market.

I would be okay with something on the roster not revolving around a Shield member for once.

If you take away the two random Lesnar/Undertaker matches, the last time a PPV wasn't main evented by one of Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns was Night of Champions....in 2014, and even then the main event ended in a DQ when Rollins interfered.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Like Datazord was saying earlier, you don't see the Big Show racking up wellness violations.

He doesn't have the same kind of spotlight Reigns does, or the hate. Nor does he have it for two straight years.

Kaiterra

Banned
Okay my reaction was harsh but I seriously don't appreciate the whole "Hey let's take advantage of this to try and insinuate what horrible people all the fans who disagree with me are" bullshit.

This is the truth right here. It's not our job to take care of Roman, it's the WWE's and it's his own.

Top Bottom