• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Styles/Cena is the real drawing feud.

That and I guess Ambrose may be a better draw as champion.

Even Meltzer reported that Ambrose's house shows were drawing about the same as Reigns' house shows in a worse market.
We'll see of course the ratings will be up this week since nothing is competing but I believe people would like to see Dean more than some of the others. At least people I know personally

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh if setting the triple threat for Battleground turns out to have been a work with Roman's suspension being used to explain why its being put off to SummerSlam.

Kaiterra

Banned
Big Show has been unfairly body shamed his entire tenure, friend.

You wouldn't understand.

I mean like Big Show has a legitimate physical handicap to work with. That's extra disgustin'.

We'll see of course the ratings will be up this week since nothing is competing but I believe people would like to see Dean more than some of the others. At least people I know personally

Yeah the ratings for this week are interesting but I wouldn't take them as a sign of anything.

Heel

I think Sunflower is on to something here.

Case in point, here's Roman Reigns at the airport a few days ago, brushing off vultures looking to get their mint in box Funk-O-Pops autographed for eBay, and a TMZ reporter asking about arm wrestling The Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KH02h3QiT4

I personally can't blame the victim here. Instead, I blame the culture that surrounds him.

UberTag

Like Datazord was saying earlier, you don't see the Big Show racking up wellness violations.
The Big Show has a sense of humor. If you can learn to laugh at yourself, nothing anyone else says can hurt you.
Frankly, I get more upset when people trash my family or friends for unjust reasons.

Sephzilla

Please PM me your Drawful 2: Pro Wrasslin' Edition drawing ideas. The best ideas will be used during our community stream.

For those that don't know, players are given something to draw (a person, idea, phrase, whatever), and everyone else in the game must write down what they think that person attempted to draw.

Wish I could find bean breath's Drawful of Bray Wyatt right now. It was incredible.

P.S. - I've got "Make Roman look strong." taken care of.
PM sent

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Case in point, here's Roman Reigns at the airport a few days ago, brushing off vultures looking to get their mint in box Funk-O-Pops autographed for eBay, and a TMZ reporter asking about arm wrestling The Rock.

I personally can't blame the victim here. Instead, I blame the culture that surrounds him.

Well and that's an easy call, too. Because drug addiction, and how SOCIETY treats people is terrible. It ensures people that show weakness stay weak and addicted.

...that Funko Pop guy. Terrible.

Big Show and Kane don't violate wellness or get injured

Another thing I'm forgiving you people for. I know you fought that as hard and as long as you could, but like all else, the truth can't hide.

Show and Kane rise while the rest fall. Always.

Kaiterra

Banned

Another thing I'm forgiving you people for. I know you fought that as hard and as long as you could, but like all else, the truth can't hide.

I've always been #TeamBigShow

EXCEPT WHEN HE BEAT UP RICARDO THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR T_T

I just hope to see the same sympathy for any other performer who gets busted for substances.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This was one of the best things, Tomlet.
MnLdbqh.gif

Heel

Well and that's an easy call, too. Because drug addiction, and how SOCIETY treats people is terrible. It ensures people that show weakness stay weak and addicted.

...that Funko Pop guy. Terrible.

Imagine being both adored and hounded in public, and lambasted in the spotlight. Even film stars don't have to put up with that, yet we wonder why they "go crazy."

We absolutely should be sympathetic of Roman, not "well meme'ing" him because we don't enjoy his position in the professional wrestling hierarchy or his "move set."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope to see the same sympathy for any other performer who gets busted for substances.

Certainly. There was a time and place where I was like FUCK EM, DRUG ADDICTS

But it's a very real, human problem. I learned.

Imagine being both adored and hounded in public, and lambasted in the spotlight. Even film stars don't have to put up with that, yet we wonder why they "go crazy."

We absolutely should be sympathetic of Roman, not "well meme'ing" him because we don't enjoy his position in the professional wrestling hierarchy or his "move set."

Yeah. Britney's 2002 meltdown makes SO much sense when you start to understand how relentless people are.

Fox318

Everything since the Sheild breakup has not gone according to Vinces plans.

One of these days Roman Reigns is gonna write an amazing Book.

Kaiterra

Banned
Also I'm pretty sure a bunch of the posters in the other thread who aren't regulars here saying the same things are being sincere too. Woof.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why are we assuming it's roids? Why are we assuming anything?

It could be anything aside from pot. When you're under the gun, you may seek refuge in a number of different ways. I just hope he gets that 30 days to catch his breath and come back.

You two having the same avatar is fucking with me

yeah well fuck this goddamn avatar bet

shanafan

For all we know, Vince could've been saying something along the lines of "If you look more jacked up, fans are sure to like you"

It's pretty stupid to be blaming fans for this. Blame the guy for not being able to handle the pressure and blame WWE for pushing him too hard if the fans are really his excuse.

What are your thoughts on kids who harm their own bodies because of constant bullying at school? Should we blame the kid for not being able to handle the pressures of growing up and fitting in?

Imagine you are living your dream of becoming a professional wrestler and at every show, you are constantly booed, fans chant "You can't wrestle" yet you are booked as a face? Fans treat Roman like garbage, and at time when he needs help the most, they treat him even more like garbage. That's pretty disgusting. Even in 2016 when people are even more alert to people who are bullied and feel like outcasts.

Sephzilla

This would be the perfect time to turn Roman heel, though. He's going to have massive heat when he comes back and if he returns, fucks over Dean, and fully plays into some of the heelish aspects of his character then the dude is fucking MADE and can turn a negative into a positive.

Kaiterra

Banned
Well I hope if it isn't PEDs that Roman gets treatment or his testing regimen gets stepped up to make sure he doesn't have a real problem.

But most of these violations end up being for roids or something in some kind of supplement like Ricardo's fat burners brought up earlier, so it's both more likely to be what's going on (making it a fair assumption if we can only guess) and it's even possible that it was simply a legitimate mistake on Roman's part.

What are your thoughts on kids who harm their own bodies because of constant bullying at school? Should we blame the kid for not being able to handle the pressures of growing up and fitting in?

Imagine you are living your dream of becoming a professional wrestler and at every show, you are constantly booed, fans chant "You can't wrestle" yet you are booked as a face? Fans treat Roman like garbage, and at time when he needs help the most, they treat him even more like garbage. That's pretty disgusting. Even in 2016 when people are even more alert to people who are bullied and feel like outcasts.

Did we know he had personal demons before this? Because that's the only way your blame game makes any sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

You said it better than I can. And people usually will fire back "Well he's a grown ass man, he should be able to handle it"

We are not equipped as human beings to endure nonstop torment, however light it may feel. It's simply not something we are made to handle.

Sephzilla

The fact that Roman immediately owned up to his mistake gives me the slight impression that he got caught using something he knew he shouldn't have had.

Ithil

I like how you're going on this big diatribe without even knowing why he was suspended. For all you know he might have just taken a supplement with a banned substance in it he didn't know about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like how you're going on this big diatribe without even knowing why he was suspended. For all you know he might have just taken a supplement with a banned substance in it he didn't know about.

Still applies, you heartless person. He's not wrong.

Heroman

Banned
Why are yaw saying this is the fans fault and roman turn to drug do to the fans response.? We dont even know what drugs or ban substance he took. Right now yaw are people who are reading way to much into this and putting your own narrative and opinion and saying it is fact.

Top Bottom