• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Why did WCW book Ricky Morton and Greg Valentine in singles matches on Nitro in 96? They have such a large roster at that point but they keep bringing out old depressing guys.

Sounds about right. Shame about poor little babby Undertaker getting his feelings hurt when Jericho knocked his dull routine.
Jericho got it not just from Taker but HBK and other higher ranking stars. He had a chip on his shoulder because he was Vince's "pet project" but they weren't just going to let him waltz in and not pay his dues. They respected hours talent but his attitude wasn't there. Especially you're going at the locker room leader.

You don't know about respect anyway, boy!

besada

Banned
Papa Shango mark confirmed.

cqiQVr6.jpg

I just rewatched the ending to MitB like 10 times. What a moment. Can't remember the last PPV main I've rewatched since Roman "Roid" Reigns (Triple R) became a headliner.

XenoRaven

Rhaknar I just want you to know that I was playing Roadhawg and hooked an enemy Pharah and my friendly Mei literally put a wall between me and the Pharah the second I hooked her so my own teammate saved the Pharah's life.

I choose to believe it was you.

Mengetsu

NXT Taping Results For The Next Three Weeks
* Tye Dillinger defeated an enhancement talent in a dark match.

* Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss. Nia Jax came out and stared Bayley down after the match.

* Hype Bros. and Blake & Murphy goes to a no contest when Rhyno shows up and takes everyone out

* The Revival retain the NXT Tag Team Championships over American Alpha by winning a 2/3 falls match 2-1

- Samoa Joe cuts a promo and says whoever wins between Balor and Nakamura is the top contender. Rhyno interrupts and challenges him, but Joe walks away.

* Austin Aries defeats Patrick Clark. No Way Jose attacks Aries after the match.

* Andrade "Cien" Almas defeats Angelo Dawkins

* Asuka defeated Eva Marie

* Samoa Joe defeated Rhyno

* The Authors of Pain defeated American Alpha. AA demanded a match after being attacked by the AOP.

* Bayley defeated Nia Jax.

* Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Finn Balor. The two embrace after the match.

Also on Nakamura and Finn:
According to live reports, Finn Balor got a pretty good send off after tonight’s match against Shinsuke Nakamura, and it has people speculating that this was his last match at Full Sail. Balor was reportedly thanking fans for their support and stopping for photos, along with toasting Nakamura in the ring and having a pose off before posing on the entrance ramp.
Pic 1
Pic 2

Toki767

Reigns is going to get nuclear heat if he wins the title back at Battleground.

It also seems like a really bad corporate move to reward a person who got suspended with the title their first match back.

Undertaker made the Warrior Shook. Move along jobber and get my bags!!
I ain't no jobber anymo!

Let's talk about how Hunter makes a fucking 1 minute promo drag on for damn ten minutes because he's a slow mental idiot who thinks dragging his words will make people like him. Here's one person I'd love for Hogan to bury the shit out of.

Authors of Pain, is that a spinoff of Powers of Pain?

E: Blue, on episode #461, what you think HHH said to Steph before
pedigree her for the win? She took a nasty bump too on that

Toki767

HHH just wanted his own Road Warriors so they got 2 big guys along with Paul Ellering.

These guys are no Hawk and Animal though.

There are few very few people who could achieve it naturally but these guys they brought are just huge overall. They don't look like your typical steroid users

Yeah, AOP look pretty good.

They'll never be the road warriors though. Not allowed to no-sell that much anymore. Which they defo went over the top with, but it did mean they seemed legit back in the day. I remember seeing a video years later where Hawk does an "overpower" spot on Hogan in an SWS match.

If they really want to build the tag division back up to what it once was, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have the top monster heel team win the titles and then beat the crap out of whoever the top babyfaces are at the time. And I'm not talking tag babyfaces, I mean the singles. Put them in a tag match against reigns and ambrose as some mcmahon punishment against the faces for whatever reason, and have them legit clean their clocks.

Don't see the wwf doing that these days though. They really need to break away from 50/50, it's killing them.

Jashobeam

this CWC thing is going to be awesome, just a no-nonsense tournament without stupid WWE writers and their dumbass storylines to fuck it up.

how do they determine who wins though? i never understood the logistics of it, surely they still have a general idea of who they want to progress to the next round right?

oddjobs

how do they determine who wins though? i never understood the logistics of it, surely they still have a general idea of who they want to progress to the next round right?

Yeah they must have. Also, I'd guess those who go long in the tournament are most likely people they have signed or going to sign.

Top Bottom