• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
how do they determine who wins though? i never understood the logistics of it, surely they still have a general idea of who they want to progress to the next round right?

It's people they want to sign, e.g. Kota Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr.

klonere

Banned
I want the Wyatts to brutally squash New Day in a title match and turn Xavier into a braindead vegetable (in kayfabe).

I'm back on the Bray train.

So it looks like Ibushi has signed with the WWE, unless there is a translation error,

"Kota Ibushi got interview by Weekly Prowrestling Magazine.

He mentioned about the story of signing contract with WWE.

After he left NJPW & DDT, Finn Balor contacted Ibushi. He asked Ibushi if he tells his phone number to Giant Bernard. Ibushi said “Yes”.

WWE made a offer to Ibushi but he refused it because he wanted to focus on his new project “Ibushi wrestling research institute”.

One day, Ibushi got a phone call from unknown number. It is Tripe H. He said “Moshi Moshi” which is “Hello when you say on phone in Japanese”.

Then Triple H and Funaki talked to Ibushi.

WWE was really passionate to recruit Ibushi. Then he accepted the offer.

I was surprised that Triple H really wanted Ibushi.

We don’t know he will join NXT or WWE main roster after the WWE CWC."

http://enuhito.com/eng/?p=479

Ehhhh.

Ibushi's fantastic, but if he thought the NJPW schedule was too much for him to handle, how's he going to cope with WWE's touring schedule? Also, as amazing a wrestler as he is, Ibushi's often at his best when he's having fun and being an idiot, but I don't think WWE hired him on the back of DDT's Campsite shows. Lastly, goddamn I wanted Ibushi vs Omega so bad and that's likely never happening now, unless WWE aggressively go after Kenny.

Zach

The intro of the first weekly Smackdown! gave me a seizure and now Triple H is doing a twenty-minute monologue to open the show.

RBH

meet-the-competitors-of-the-wwe-620x350.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHrzSWOorVk

From Zack Sabre Jr. and Kota Ibushi to Gran Metalik and Cedric Alexander, meet all 32 competitors in the inaugural WWE Cruiserweight Classic.

Ehhhh.

Ibushi's fantastic, but if he thought the NJPW schedule was too much for him to handle, how's he going to cope with WWE's touring schedule? Also, as amazing a wrestler as he is, Ibushi's often at his best when he's having fun and being an idiot, but I don't think WWE hired him on the back of DDT's Campsite shows. Lastly, goddamn I wanted Ibushi vs Omega so bad and that's likely never happening now, unless WWE aggressively go after Kenny.

Ibushi is great, but I think if even if he gets saddled with an Al Snow gimmick (Head would be a blow up doll in this instance) it will turn out fine for him.

I have to imagine Omega and the Bucks will be in the WWE this time next year.

If Roman leaves Battleground with the title, I will be seriously irked. I don't want to be one of the people who swears he is canceling his membership, but I will honestly be disappointed. I really hope the standards are higher. Reigns shouldn't touch the title for a year. It really sets a bad example to the guys in the locker room.

bjork

If Roman leaves Battleground with the title, I will be seriously irked. I don't want to be one of the people who swears he is canceling his membership, but I will honestly be disappointed. I really hope the standards are higher. Reigns shouldn't touch the title for a year. It really sets a bad example to the guys in the locker room.

Don't worry about the guys, worry about THE guy

Mengetsu

The day WWE gets Kenny Omega to come over is the the day I can say they have some black magic going on. The guy is so adamant about not coming to WWE even with all the good will and changes that have happened in the past 3 years.

I forgot when my girl and I arrived a little late to the cwc we saw one of the guys from the revival a few feet from us get out of his car. I wanted to ask for a picture but neither of us can remember if it was dash or Dawson.
After the show we were sneaking around the back of the building looking for Daniel Bryan but all we caught was Brian Kendrick running around, dude looks like a crazy hobo so I didn't say anything.

Heroman

Banned
Imo he should be taken out of the macth.

Tom Nook

That CWC introduction was just fucking awesome, so many diversity of wrestlers. This feels like an Olympic event. I'm much looking forward to this one.

Mauro/Bryan are on commentary too, right?

I saw they're listed as the "hosts" but I don't know if that just means they're in a separate on-camera role

Kaladin

Amazon might know something the rest of the internet doesn't :

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"WWE 2K17 - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 02, 2017

shaowebb

He's my pick to be the most over guy at the end of it all.

Desperately want to know if he did his full entrance as well, that is always impressive to see.

Yeah, I get the feeling he was brought along because of recommendations from guys like Kevin Owens and Cesaro who both had great matches with him overseas and over here in the indies. I expect him to stick around after this for a long while given the folks who back him are drawing well within the main show. Seems they've been building a safety net lately for those performers of talent to circle them with for either the midcard or ppv stuff to get the crowd energy up.

Plus Akira Tozawa has wrestled just about all the CWC roster. I doubt he'll job out early. He's had too many good matches with the crew they got to one and done him when they could use that familiarity to put over multiple sets on the series for crowds.

I gotta weird feeling they may job out Jason Lee and Hoho Lun early though. They're not highlight reels and are surprising choices IMO. They might keep TJ Perkins and Gulak around in the series though. They seem over with the WWE guys in the back. If this sticks around I'd like them to add Chuck Taylor though. I think he'd be great for Television and he needs a smaller sized roster to play off of.

Nah, I'll keep trying to see what some folks see in him. I still think he's second fiddle to Chyna, though.
I thought I was the only one to see that. Chyna was way more over than he'd ever dream of being. That pop for when she was "supposedly" the number one contender. Crazy shit.

My friend and I were discussing a few things:

1. Pop of the Year
We narrowed it down to Styles at the Rumble and Rollins return at Extreme Rules. I voted for Styles, ultimately. What do you all think?

2. Will Styles Ever Win the Title?
I said yes, the Smackdown title. If you were to ask me after he formed a tag team with Jericho, I would have said no, but I think he will feud with Cena and get the title. It might even be a Christian / Orton scenario from a few summers ago but I think Styles gets a belt.

He said no shot. He thinks it would be disrespectful to the company, which I don't think is true. Styles is a WWE guy now.

Top Bottom