• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

The fact that
Nia
might go to the main roster before Bayley is fucking dumb. She's not good or menacing which is supposed to be her main appeal.Hope she gets the Roman treatment. Not from Vince, but the fans.

The fact that
Nia
might go to the main roster before Bayley is fucking dumb. She's not good or menacing which is supposed to be her main appeal.Hope she gets the Roman treatment. Not from Vince, but the fans.

Apparently
they want to wait till after sasha/charlotte for bayley so she doesn't take attention away from it. Part of their inability to have more then one meaningful women's feud I guess, but it could also mean they intend for bayley to challenge for the championship from the beginning.

Meltzer today was saying that the situation with Bayley is that they keep going back and forth on whether to bring her up or not. One minute, she's being brought up soon, the next they decide not now.

Fuck. Internet technician came over and I had to turn my computer on for him

My avatar on windows 10 is a giant picture of Big E looking stupid. I died from embarrassment. What do you think he thinks of me?

Fuck. Internet technician came over and I had to turn my computer on for him

My avatar on windows 10 is a giant picture of Big E looking stupid. I died from embarrassment. What do you think he thinks of me?
KqgVz5E.png

Mahonay

Banned
Apparently
they want to wait till after sasha/charlotte for bayley so she doesn't take attention away from it. Part of their inability to have more then one meaningful women's feud I guess, but it could also mean they intend for bayley to challenge for the championship from the beginning.
Sounds just as dumb as keeping Sasha off TV for most of this past year for no discernible reason.

He probably just thinks you're a wrestling fan dude

Not like your avatar is big e telling cole to stare deep into the crevice

Sounds just as dumb as keeping Sasha off TV for most of this past year for no discernible reason.

I kind of get that. Vince can't handle more then one feud at a time, so having her just wrestle meaningless matches would make her less "valuable" when the time comes.

Vince should just let someone else book the women

well, everyone

Meltzer today was saying that the situation with Bayley is that they keep going back and forth on whether to bring her up or not. One minute, she's being brought up soon, the next they decide not now.
Save it. That's someone you'd want to protect just like Sasha unless they bring her over and have her feud with Charlotte, Dana, Emma when she returns, and Natty until they're ready to pull the plug on her v Sasha which imo should be saved until WM 33. Survivor Series is probably the best time. RR is even better but what will they have her do on nxt until then? I suppose they're doing the rematch between her and Asuka at Brooklyn(idk)?

Mahonay

Banned
I kind of get that. Vince can't handle more then one feud at a time, so having her just wrestle meaningless matches would make her less "valuable" when the time comes.

Vince should just let someone else book the women

well, everyone
Being completely incapable of doing multiple women's programs shows that they really haven't come that far.

But yeah, Vince gonna Vince.
What the hell is Joe wearing?
Angsty Joe. No one understands me like Hot Topic does.

The womens storytelling on wwe is so shit. I pretty much dont even care for Sasha because of it.

It's amazing how much I cared on NXT, yet on WWE, I still find myself using women's matches as breaks.

klonere

Banned
The fact that
Nia

Stealing from twitter but you don't need to be ready for 90 second TV matches with rollup finishes and to sit there and nod during Charlotte promos.

Back to where we started t b h

bjork

And supposedly, Lita is in charge of it. That makes me sad.

She's from an era where they got like three minutes and there was always one storyline at a time for the ladies, unless they were someone's valet or they were involved in some guy's storyline somehow.

Mahonay

Banned
Stealing from twitter but you don't need to be ready for 90 second TV matches with rollup finishes and to sit there and nod during Charlotte promos.

At least the women's champ is someone who can give actual good promos and character work, so that's something at least.

Save it. That's someone you'd want to protect just like Sasha unless they bring her over and have her feud with Charlotte, Dana, Emma when she returns, and Natty until they're ready to pull the plug on her v Sasha which imo should be saved until WM 33. Survivor Series is probably the best time. RR is even better but what will they have her do on nxt until then? I suppose they're doing the rematch between her and Asuka at Brooklyn(idk)?

The problem with saving it, which Meltzer pointed out, is that Bayley's peak is over in NXT. She already has house shows where Asuka is more popular, and the crowd in Brooklyn will probably be split. She's done everything she can there. Anything else is just spinning her wheels.

shaowebb

Well done promo.

Has anyone seen Drew Gulak wrestle? Hyped to see a catch guy in this

I've seen him. He definitely won't get to do his version of a piledriver at this. He goes COMPLETELY unprotected. Lifts you up and takes his hands off your waste to grab your ankles so that you are essentially upside down with your knees bent and legs being pulled down by your ankles. Definitely a move you can see fucking up easy.

Other than that he's a mixed bag depending on who he works with. A lot of times he just sorta looks like he rolls or runs into someone's waste or shins and they fall down as he just grabs on a stretch submission then continues to wrap more limbs into it. Lots of body scissors and holding onto folks.

When he is with the right guy he goes back and forth and its crazy submissions from nowhere. When he's with someone who doesn't know how to build these moments with him he is a guy just laying on folks who fall down when he grabs them. No in between.

Hopefully we see him get good sets going in CWC.

Recall

So when exactly can I watch the CWC stuff?

I've been avoiding this thread and my other wrestling sites to not see spoilers.

bjork

Tomorrow is the day, fellows. The waterbed gets its new mattress filled. Weather-controlled sleep, right when 100F days are here to stay awhile. Life will be grand, I tell you.

But in about 30 minutes, bedtime on the air mattress that isn't going to last much longer.

Mahonay

Banned
Watching In Your House: A Cold Day in Hell. Got inspired by the New Generation Project's review on it. I get my biggest doses of nostalgia from 96-97 era WWF. It's when I became a fully fledged wrasslin fan and massive mark.

I remember feeling pretty of dumb for being so into Flash Funk, but he is probably the first wrestler I enjoyed purely for his work rate. Just didn't understand why I liked him at the time.

Chyna looks like a completely different person here than she would in just a few years time. I saw it happen gradually at the time, from one surgery to the next, but it's still jarring to see. Also she's clearly the bigger star here as HHH's bodyguard.

LOL. JR commenting how it's impossible to miss HHH's nose.
So when exactly can I watch the CWC stuff?

I've been avoiding this thread and my other wrestling sites to not see spoilers.
July 13th.

Watching In Your House: A Cold Day in Hell. Got inspired by the New Generation Project's review on it. I get my biggest doses of nostalgia from 96-97 era WWF. It's when I became a fully fledged wrasslin fan and massive mark.

I remember feeling pretty of dumb for being so into Flash Funk, but he is probably the first wrestler I enjoyed purely for his work rate. Just didn't understand why I liked him at the time.

Chyna looks like a completely different person here than she would in just a few years time. I saw it happen gradually at the time, from one surgery to the next, but it's still jarring to see. Also she's clearly the bigger star here as HHH's bodyguard.

LOL. JR commenting how it's impossible to miss HHH's nose.

July 13th.
Sell me on the ng podcast. What is the average length per show? Do they discuss the possible plans according to the dirt sheets and other problems and/or surprises?

Mahonay

Banned
Sell me on the ng podcast. What is the average length per show? Do they discuss the possible plans according to the dirt sheets and other problems and/or surprises?

They run about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. They do a lot of interconnecting history with wrestlers as they do their reviews, bringing up dirt sheets or info from shoot interviews whenever it makes sense. It's a more laid back podcast where they poke a lot of fun at the silly shit. Their running jokes on Amhed Johnson are pretty great.

It's very, very British and dry. Not for everyone. Also the first few episodes are a little rough before they find their comfort zone. But there's 65 episodes now and it's one of the more popular wrasslin review podcasts.

They run about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. They do a lot of interconnecting history with wrestlers as they do their reviews, bringing up dirt sheets or info from shoot interviews whenever it makes sense. It's a more laid back podcast where they poke a lot of fun at the silly shit. Their running jokes on Amhed Johnson are pretty great.

It's very, very British and dry. Not for everyone. Also the first few episodes are a little rough before they find their comfort zone. But there's 65 episodes now and it's one of the more popular wrasslin review podcasts.
OH FFS another British podcast! BLOODY HELL!

Nah jk lol, have you heard any of the AE podcasts? How does it compare to that?

I will say that we do have two women's programs now (Natayla vs. Becky, Sasha/Paige vs. Charlotte/Dana) and plus once the rosters get split and we have women on both shows, we'll have at least two women's programs happening all the time.

If you think "where we started" is where we are now, then I want to know when the fuck you think we started. There have been some dark periods for this division, this really isn't one of them all things considered.

QBxIb64.gif

Lita is an idiot.
She might be lol!
She's from an era where they got like three minutes and there was always one storyline at a time for the ladies, unless they were someone's valet or they were involved in some guy's storyline somehow.
You'd think she would be fighting for better Women's stuff, me thinks. No need for them to be doing the same shit from 15 years ago.

The problem with saving it, which Meltzer pointed out, is that Bayley's peak is over in NXT. She already has house shows where Asuka is more popular, and the crowd in Brooklyn will probably be split. She's done everything she can there. Anything else is just spinning her wheels.
I guess if the rumours of the divas being split is true, I think she could come over and avoid Sasha until later. I'd like to see Sasha go back heel thoigh.

Top Bottom