• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Anyone WrassleGAFers play Hearthstone? I need to watch a friend win in Spectator Mode to finish this quest, and I have no Battle.net friends.

RBH

(Cross-post from Gaming side)

I always thought WWF Attitude was a bit underrated as far as the number of options and modes it brought to the wrestling game landscape overall.

Its career mode was pretty unprecedented at the time:

DREAMCAST--WWF%20Attitude_Apr20%2015_23_51.png

One mode in particular that I loved was Stable Mode. It was a 4 vs. 4 vs. 4 vs. 4 match where you have four people in the ring at the same time and when a wrestler gets eliminated, another team member takes their spot until the until entire team has been eliminated. It was a very fun mode, and something I wish was brought back today.

MGV5xw4.png

Mahonay

Banned

I always thought WWF Attitude was a bit underrated as far as the number of options and modes it brought to the wrestling game landscape overall.

One mode in particular that I loved was Stable Mode. It was a 4 vs. 4 vs. 4 vs. 4 match where you have four people in the ring at the same time and when a wrestler gets eliminated, another team member takes their spot until the until entire team has been eliminated. It was a very fun mode, and something I wish was brought back today.

MGV5xw4.png
As much as I loved the game at the time and it definitely went the extra mile with a lot of details, it played like garbage.

Shamrock treating his match against Vader at In Your House like a shoot. Shoot elbows and kicks galore. Ended up breaking Vader's nose in four places, he could barely walk for weeks, and needed fluid drained from his knees.

MGV5xw4.png
That's why Attitude is possibly my favourite wrestling game of all time. You starting off on the house shows and working your way up. Those multiple man matches were a pain in the ass though. Them the moment you get to a character who's locked it made for much excitement(head & hbk). I could pick up and play this game any time although it would take some getting used to the controls because they're so weird compared to games now.

I did miss those grudge match vignettes that were on war zone though lol.

Good post man.

I've seen him. He definitely won't get to do his version of a piledriver at this. He goes COMPLETELY unprotected. Lifts you up and takes his hands off your waste to grab your ankles so that you are essentially upside down with your knees bent and legs being pulled down by your ankles. Definitely a move you can see fucking up easy.

Other than that he's a mixed bag depending on who he works with. A lot of times he just sorta looks like he rolls or runs into someone's waste or shins and they fall down as he just grabs on a stretch submission then continues to wrap more limbs into it. Lots of body scissors and holding onto folks.

When he is with the right guy he goes back and forth and its crazy submissions from nowhere. When he's with someone who doesn't know how to build these moments with him he is a guy just laying on folks who fall down when he grabs them. No in between.

Hopefully we see him get good sets going in CWC.

Interesting, thanks for that.

VoxPop

MGV5xw4.png

Stable Match sounds great. I just could never get into the whole MK button combinations for moves shtick.

I had an N64 and a PSone when Warzone came out and I still chose the N64 version. Not quite sure why it was like $20 more. The novelty of that game and Attitude didn't last too long. It just couldn't match up when playing with friends with the AKI games.

The only good thing about those games is your caw could have exclusively finishers as his moves. Anything not in the finisher or trademark move slots were weak, but it was still pretty fun to watch. However the novelty wore off fairly quickly.

in contrast, the AKI games have the only battle system I've actually enjoyed for what it is. To the point that I imported their last muscle generations game on the PS2.

Ithil

MGV5xw4.png
Shame about the nonsensical gameplay. Who wants to do a button combo just to do a suplex?

Best in the World was a pretty good PPV. Corino vs. BJ Whitmer was a brutal hardcore match but I loved it and I definitely didn't expect
Kevin Sullivan to interfere
, I don't they had even teased that on TV but I have missed a couple episodes. The main event was fantastic, very physical match. It felt a little rushed but I still really enjoyed it.
Very happy that Lethal retained the belt though, I like his run and am glad it is going to continue..

The rest of the matches were good but basically just seemed like slightly extended television matches. That isn't a bad thing at all, but I felt like the matches were all missing something "big" for the PPV.

I played the shit out of Warzone as well.
I remember using Mankind as my first play through story just to get the other 2 faces of Foley. That was a good weekend.
I had an N64 and a PSone when Warzone came out and I still chose the N64 version. Not quite sure why it was like $20 more. The novelty of that game and Attitude didn't last too long. It just couldn't match up when playing with friends with the AKI games.
Cartridges cost more. I think most 64 games were 60 bucks. My cousin would only get like 2 games for Christmas whereas, I'd gey like 4 or 5 because ps1 games weren't as expensive.

I remember using Mankind as my first play through story just to get the other 2 faces of Foley. That was a good weekend.

Cartridges cost more. I think most 64 games were 60 bucks. My cousin would only get like 2 games for Christmas whereas, I'd gey like 4 or 5 because ps1 games weren't as expensive.

Yeah I remember that. This was also a time where some retailers marked up the games like crazy. I think my brother spent like $80 on Killer Instinct Gold at KB Toys.

miserable

i remember a friend who visited the US in 96 bought Super Mario RPG for 70 bucks. prices were insane for cartridges. plus dat Square tax

Yeah I remember that. This was also a time where some retailers marked up the games like crazy. I think my brother spent like $80 on Killer Instinct Gold at KB Toys.
Whaaaaat! Usually KB was good for giving you nice deal on games. 80 bucks for one game is just too much.

i remember a friend who visited the US in 96 bought Super Mario RPG for 70 bucks. prices were insane for cartridges. plus dat Square tax
Was this in the UK? I think games in Canada were like what? 70-80 bucks and that's because some publishers were assholes. I think one Pokemon game in the states was 70 compared to the regular 60 buck games.

Whaaaaat! Usually KB was good for giving you nice deal on games. 80 bucks for one game is just too much.

Was this in the UK? I think games in Canada were like what? 70-80 bucks and that's because some publishers were assholes. I think one Pokemon game in the states was 70 compared to the regular 60 buck games.

I can't remember the prices, but I felt like KB always had the hard to find games in stock. They were my favorite place to get a game from because of that.

MGV5xw4.png

I love stable mode when I had that game.

I can't remember the prices, but I felt like KB always had the hard to find games in stock. They were my favorite place to get a game from because of that.
KB had fucking everything. It's where I got my WM arcade since no one else carried out anymore. My mom had to drag me out of kb, they had the best wrestling action figures too compared to Wal Mart. Now Wally's has everything!

No Mercy still has the best story mode that branching path if you lose certain matches.

The rest basically boil down if you lose you keep retrying forever until you win or fulfill some arbitrary condition.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/even-more-details-on-roman-reigns-losing-the-wwe-title/

Vince McMahon made the decision for Dean Ambrose to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Money in the Bank and have Seth Rollins pin Roman Reigns.

Triple H wanted Ambrose cashing in towards the end of the Reigns vs. Rollins match, with Ambrose pinning either competitor. McMahon, however, was adamant that Rollins pin Reigns, which was due to his knowledge of “The Guy”‘s violation of the Wellness policy.

So I was just watching the New Day/Wyatt family promo

Is it just me or was Xavier Woods staring at the Wyatts like Ray stared at Vigo in Ghostbusters 2

Can't wait for Woods to turn on the new day screaming "I, Xavier, am Wyatt, shall rule the Earth!"

Vince does still make the right call every now and then. Even if he only did it because he was pissed at reigns, this REALLY helped rollin's credibility.

Ithil

No Mercy still has the best story mode that branching path if you lose certain matches.

The rest basically boil down if you lose you keep retrying forever until you win or fulfill some arbitrary condition.

In fact you have to lose certain matches if you want to complete the story mode 100%, that's pretty unique.

I remember spending TONS of money on Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES at Software Etc. back in the day. Plus the unofficial guidebook, which was like 500 pages.

Top Bottom